Pro's and con's of a Kenny Bell -VS- F1A

blownstang01

Established Member
jackers said:
What is your stall converter set at? Mine is at 4000-4400 w/ the transbrake, 2800 footbreak.

Stalls around 2600-2800 footbreak, no transbrake so I don't know true stall.

blowngt

Established Member
blownstang01 said:
I ran a 10.74 @130 Friday night with my F1A. 3,750 lbs with only a 3.73 gear on ET Drag Radials, through an Automatic. I like the Procharger, but they are just about impossible to consistantly run with a 6 rib. I just finished my custom cog drive and it drives on the street fine.
Oh Yeah - 1.63 60ft. leaving off foot brake.

Great ET!!! Gives me hope for the F1A. Now if it ever stops raining in south florida, I may find out what I can do......

silvrbullit04

Established Member
Been doing research here about this topic. I would have to say that overall i think the procharger would be a better blower overall, but if what you are looking for is power and tq down low for a quick gid-up then kb or whipple would be the way to go. Everyone has a different opinion and experiences with different things. What works for some may not work for others.
What does a kb or a whipple make power and tq wise at 18-19psi? from some of the video's, dyno sheets they seem to make around 610-625 hp and about 550 to 600 tq.
The guys at UPR products have an 03 procharged yellow cobra. It has the P-1SC set-up and they 628hp and i think around 575tq ( dont remember ) and that was at 18 psi on pump gas without any fuel mods like BAP or focus pumps. With Jeremy behind the wheel and on stock F1's he ran it at 11.00 at 132mph. Thats pretty damn good! But he's more than your average driver. But after talking with him about it, he said he likes it, they havent experienced any belt slip from what he told me.
I know that this is old news now, but just wanted to throw imo!:)

longrodLX

Established Member
power under the curve is what wins races if you get it to the ground. buddy out here has a gt with cobra engine and a KB running low 10s through an auto solid rear end car

jackers

Solid Axle Equipt
Established Member
Power under the curve doesn't always win the race. How many Super Street Outlaw cars run Kenne Bells or Whipples?

99snk

Established Member
friends got an 03 cobra with kenne bell and another friend with 99 procharged cobra with the p1sc and 12 lb of boost intercooled on stock motor, they both post here, kenne bell gets him from a dig and procharger gets him from a roll, i personally like the sound and feeling of procharger compared to kenne bell because they whining gets pretty tiring and the feeling of procharger kicking in at around 3k rpms feels a lot better. kenne bell basically should be used for track purposes and procharger should be used for daily driving because teh boost only builds up in higher rpms and if you punch it sorta like a turbo but faster, there's my opinion on both and i don't know much about s/c's, just my thoughts from my experience.

Sickness23

Jaegermeister Racing
Established Member
F3 = 6.40s@215 KB = mid 9s w/ nitrous..... F2 = fastest drag radial cars next to turbos w/ low 8s @175+ KB= No where to be found in any real class above Pure stock.......

smashedheadcat

Established Member
longrodLX said:
power under the curve is what wins races if you get it to the ground. buddy out here has a gt with cobra engine and a KB running low 10s through an auto solid rear end car
Average power in the RPM range you are racing in is what is going to win races....... If you can get it to the ground. Think about it........ what good is 600ft lbs of torque at 2000rpms at the track if you're dumping the clutch at the track at 5000rpms??

silvrbullit04

Established Member
smashedheadcat said:
Average power in the RPM range you are racing in is what is going to win races....... If you can get it to the ground. Think about it........ what good is 600ft lbs of torque at 2000rpms at the track if you're dumping the clutch at the track at 5000rpms??
Thats a good point. I raced a vortec 98 cobra one night on my way home from work. He left me at the line because all i did was sit there and spin. I eventually caught up to him but then had to get out because of traffic.

blowngt

Established Member
smashedheadcat said:

Amen Josh.....

A simple downshift and you're back in business. I can't wait to get some track times with my F1A. I've got a buddy of mine that is making about the same power. You know we're going to line em'up and see what happens. The great thing is that the car's weigh about the same and are tuned by the same shop.

We'll see....

Machinator

Banned
VENOMIZED03 said:
OK guys. I did a search and all I found was KB vs Whipple. I want to know your opinions on a Procharger F1A. I basically know about the KB so I want to mainly hear whats said about a everyday driven F1A car. Whats the most boost ran being safe, what numbers they usually put down and what the quarter mile times are. I know the everyday torque wont be there but what about 1st or 2nd gear roll ons on the highway? Let me know guys.. THANKS JASON[/QUOT

Get the whipple and be happy that you have a well built supercharger, unless you want to a track only car then get the f1a.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Lets not forget that the Centri and turbo cars winning allt he classes these days are turning some serious RPMs. Right where the centri and turbos can shine

My opinion if your gonna race turbo is the way to go

jackers

Solid Axle Equipt
Established Member
Machinator said:
Get the whipple and be happy that you have a well built supercharger, unless you want to a track only car then get the f1a.

Are you really trying to say that Kenne Bell and Whipple makes a more reliable, better built blower than Procharger? You should go read some other forums and websites besides this one bro.

Haha, wow.

drohan8592

Established Member
so is there a way to get a stick procharger car to leave the line hard ?? probably a nice 2 step. i have sold my KB since this thread started months ago, and i'm open to new options. and yes, i know that i said a kenne bell was superior, and for a primarily street driven car i still think it is. but i'm in the process of building a street/strip beast. with the emphasis more on strip. would it be necessary to convert to auto with a stall or could you make the six speed work ??

smashedheadcat

Established Member
There is definately a way to make the procharger car leave hard........ dump the clutch at 4-5K rpm on slicks........ there went any advantage the twinscrew had......

WDW MKR

Established Member
quad... is your car still IRS and what does it run at the track. Looks like you're making some very impressive numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread