Project "Snot Rocket"....CPR Turbo Build

patricks806

Established Member
Sub'd for build inspiration! Awesome setup you have! Guess this answers the question that all you have to do is change the oil pump motor and 9's can be in your future :pepper:
Is there a kit you can get with the new gears for all the gaskets or would using the old ones be okay? (given no tears are present)

HONDASAKI

Established Member
Sub'd for build inspiration! Awesome setup you have! Guess this answers the question that all you have to do is change the oil pump motor and 9's can be in your future :pepper:
Is there a kit you can get with the new gears for all the gaskets or would using the old ones be okay? (given no tears are present)

Thank you! I did the oil pump as insurance, seems like theres more hype than actually broken gears, but being that I could do the work myseld. Figured it was cheap piece of mind replacing the gears. As far as the gaskets go, you could re-use them if you wanted. I just bought them from ford. I didn't want any leaks!

patricks806

Established Member
Thank you! I did the oil pump as insurance, seems like theres more hype than actually broken gears, but being that I could do the work myseld. Figured it was cheap piece of mind replacing the gears. As far as the gaskets go, you could re-use them if you wanted. I just bought them from ford. I didn't want any leaks!

Always better to be safe than sorry!
If you don't mind me asking how much did the whole setup cost you? Fuel system, turbo kit, gears, and tune? Just trying to get an idea of how much I need to save.

patricks806

Established Member
With all the piping for a turbo setup, is it a good idea for me to have a lowered front end? Or do the pipes stay pretty flush with everything?

HONDASAKI

Established Member
With all the piping for a turbo setup, is it a good idea for me to have a lowered front end? Or do the pipes stay pretty flush with everything?

My car is lowered. The pipes are no lower than the factory K-member was. My "deep" trans pan is actually the lowest part of my car.

CPRsm

In for info, how does a surge slot make it dyno low?
Have no idea why it does it. But every single car with it dynos much lower than trap speed shows. Some as much as 150+rwhp low.
Snot rocket ran 140mph but only dynoed 717rwhp
Dasan dynoed 750rwhp and went 151mph
BJ dynoed 850rwhp and went 152. And that car is 3950lbs! Lol
When they were testing the modified cover on the dyno it actually lost 20rwhp compared to the stock race cover. At the track though, it gained 2mph in the 1/8. On a low 5sec car that isn't easy! The math showed 100rwhp gain just from the surge slot, nothing else. One of those things if you don't understand why, you just shrug your shoulders and smile lol.

Just for fun :pop:
This car dynoes low. But he DRUG this Shelby 1000 even after giving him the hit.
[video=youtube_share;DfccHdWXzEs]http://youtu.be/DfccHdWXzEs[/video]

Last edited:

HONDASAKI

Established Member
I finally got a set of drag wheels and tires and got to the track.

IMG_3424.JPG

I couldn't be any happier with the results! I have now achieved the goal that I set out for at the beginning of this build. To be in the 9 second club with a stock long block and full weight car. A HUGE thanks to Dustin (CPR Turbo) for designing and fabricating such an awesome turbo kit, and Chris Holmes (Forced Motorsports) for the great tuning!

IMG_3437.JPG

Sorry the video isn't that great. I will be sure to get more Saturday at the Coyote Shootout.

[youtube_browser]0qF7BR5YlF8[/youtube_browser]

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
I finally got a set of drag wheels and tires and got to the track.

View attachment 30063

I couldn't be any happier with the results! I have now achieved the goal that I set out for at the beginning of this build. To be in the 9 second club with a stock long block and full weight car. A HUGE thanks to Dustin (CPR Turbo) for designing and fabricating such an awesome turbo kit, and Chris Holmes (Forced Motorsports) for the great tuning!

View attachment 30062

Sorry the video isn't that great. I will be sure to get more Saturday at the Coyote Shootout.

[youtube_browser]0qF7BR5YlF8[/youtube_browser]

I forgot you where going out that night, untill I started getting tagged on FB with your 9sec slip. Not too bad!!!

Users who are viewing this thread