Project "Snot Rocket"....CPR Turbo Build

HONDASAKI

Established Member
happy to help Brett. Also I know things get a little misinterpreted in forums. Brett only came to me because Chris is offshore for work and also has now moved to Texas. Otherwise Chris would still be tuning this car. I have a lot of respect for Chris as a tuner and a friend. Thanks again for the opportunity Brett.

^^^^^^ This!! Thank you for clarifying that Sai. Chris is the man. He needs to get his punk ass back to Florida!

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
happy to help Brett. Also I know things get a little misinterpreted in forums. Brett only came to me because Chris is offshore for work and also has now moved to Texas. Otherwise Chris would still be tuning this car. I have a lot of respect for Chris as a tuner and a friend. Thanks again for the opportunity Brett.

Thanks Sai!

^^^^^^ This!! Thank you for clarifying that Sai. Chris is the man. He needs to get his punk ass back to Florida!

I go where the money is at...for now. I do wish I had a dyno...but every one out this way is a coyote "tuner" so they look down upon me lol I shall be back in town for project Light Saber.

I got a boat... I say we go kidnap his ass..... Just a thought

Cars gonna run fo sho!!!! Can't wait meow

VIzKG55.png

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
What turbo are you running again? S476? What AR?

Those are INSANE numbers for the stock motor. How do you feel running it at that? Haha

HONDASAKI

Established Member
What turbo are you running again? S476? What AR?

Those are INSANE numbers for the stock motor. How do you feel running it at that? Haha

Yes it is a S476 76/83 I think the AR is 1.10 or 1.25. I actually dont remember LOL. Maybe Dustin remembers.

I feel ok running it like this. It wont be all the time. I am going to run it mainly on the 780hp boost setting and turn it up once and while.

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
20hp less = safety LOL. How's the spool with that AR? I plan on running that exact turbo on mine next winter if I can get everything done by then so I'm curious. Seems like the S476 makes ridiculous power on every car I've seen running it, even on 5psi, lol.

HONDASAKI

Established Member
20hp less = safety LOL. How's the spool with that AR? I plan on running that exact turbo on mine next winter if I can get everything done by then so I'm curious. Seems like the S476 makes ridiculous power on every car I've seen running it, even on 5psi, lol.

Spool time is very fast. I have not driven any others to compair it to but if it spooled any faster traction would be impossible! lol

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
It's pretty damn fast. Stock cover on 1.10

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dw-VPFA2UPs[/video]

Stock cover on a 1.10 was the first choice with a 1.25 as second. Looks like I'll be going 1.10. Spool in that video is gnarly. Anything before that woldn't even be fun, lol.

HONDASAKI

Established Member
Well I finally got to the track last night for some hot weather testing. The car performed great all night! I was running 10.5-11.0 psi boost settings to get the car dialed in. It made upper 700's at that level. Don't want to run the 800hp setting unit we get the rest of the track perfect. Right off the trailer the car ran a 9.73@143 got a tune revision from Sai, ran 9.65@144, another revision 9.56@144 backed up by a 9.53@145. There is still more left in it at this power level. The 1-2 shift still isn't perfect and I'd like to get the 60' down in the low 1.3's. Then put it on the big boy setting and let it eat!! Needless to say I am ecstatic with the cars results. Cant say thanks enough to Sai to Dustin for all the help. Also big thanks to Christian for towing my junk to the track and putting my car in the sticky stuff on the starting line.

IMG_4589.JPG

IMG_4592.JPG

[youtube_browser]Sz4vVMOhJHw[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

Zodiac

Established Member
Thanks man. Thanks for selling me the car. LOL
I see you bought a 2015, another good color choice as well!

Yeah bought it 2 weeks ago. Love the orange, miss the green. I'm glad you are still enjoying it and using it what it's meant for LOL. Can't wait to start on this one.

BlueSmokem5.0

Established Member
Hey Brett had fun last night, and towing your car down was no problem. Next time down the track I'm certain that your current setup once dialed in will yield some 9.40s or better. Congrats on the new PB

Users who are viewing this thread