Project "Snot Rocket"....CPR Turbo Build

HONDASAKI

Established Member
Well the Snot Rocket is under the knife again!! Dustin warned me boost is addicting and I'd want to turn it up one day. . . . . and the day is here!! After about a year and a half, 13,000 miles, countless street pulls, and over 200 track passes trapping 145mph with the stock motor making 800rwhp it's time to build the motor and turn it up!! I'm building the motor myself and kept it pretty simple and as inexpensive as possible.

The engine build consist of:

Block Supports
Manley H-Beam Rods
Mahle pistons (stock compression)
Clevite coated rod and main bearings
ARP Main Studs
Boss Head Gaskets and Bolts
Trick Flow valve springs
MMR OPG (which were already installed)
ATI Balance (which was already installed)
Billet crank sprocket
I also upgraded the exhaust turbine to the 87mm.

The engine is back in the car and broken in! I am upgrading the fuel system this week. Adding a third Walbro 465, ID1300's and making it a true return system (instead of at the regulator).

Stay tuned for Dyno numbers and Track Times!! :rockon:

IMG_5739.JPG

IMG_5756.JPG

IMG_5758.JPG

IMG_5759[1].jpg

IMG_5760.JPG

Last edited:

onefastmf

Established Member
Nice! i have seen them supports before but didn't really see anyone putting up good numbers with them, when does it go back to the track?

fulanititoo8198

Established Member
I'm in process of installing of CPR kit as well, been following this build. Love it, beautiful car. Might have missed it, who does your tuning? I need someone who is available and willing to do updates. That thing is going to rip and bad ass tool box :beer:

04compgt

Established Member
I'm in process of installing of CPR kit as well, been following this build. Love it, beautiful car. Might have missed it, who does your tuning? I need someone who is available and willing to do updates. That thing is going to rip and bad ass tool box :beer:

I do his tuning.

cprboss

Established Member
Those supports seem to hold up nicely, have a friend who's gone 8.4x on them at over 1000 wheel in Denver.

Sweet build! You CPR guys are a bad influence! Haha

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread