Project "Snake"

Nazman

Established Member
Very nice times!

Ill say after the mods, with some traction 10s should be around the corner! Great work and very nice MPH!

Naz

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
Thanks, the car really puuls nicely with the 4.56's I think the car is at its peak currently. I was shifting right at 6000 since any more than that it seemed the mph fell off a bit. That may be due to the stock intake I am assuming.

Anyway...that was the last time it will see the track until it gets the new found power.

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
Got word that the heads and Intake will be on there way soon.
Seems comp is taking their time on the cams :(

cobrasvtcoupe25

Established Member
Congrats on the new last times with your set-up kezell!!! :rockon:

Try MT DR's instead of the Nitto's next time. I've heard that they're way better... I'll be going with them soon myself ;-)

Last edited:

Rotzs99

Established Member
Congrats on the new last times with your set-up kezell!!! :rockon:

Try MT DR's instead of the Nitto's next time. I've heard that they're way better... I'll be going with them soon myself ;-)

+1, I have mickey's and I can't even spin the tires. Too weak. I bet a 1.60 or lower 60ft could be there...maybe 11s?

Red3

Established Member
quick question on the times. i ran a 12.5 at 113 with a 1.9 60'. so ur sayin if i launch harder and shift harder/faster i could break 11's? i was launchin soft and shifting slow cuz it was my first time at track and was gettin a feel for it more than tryin to run fast. my goal for that night was a 12.5 and i got it on my 5th and final pass.

Jamie R.

Established Member
Kezell that is some mph on the stock long block! I would think shifting at 6 grand would be hurting your et because your leaving some rpms that the car could be using. That car will go 11's, no doubt about it and on the stock long block. What is your 60 ft because if you are starting off spinning like in that video then that is the problem. A set of 275/40/17 Mickey t dr's will cure that spinnin', the Nittos while not being a bad tire are nothing more than a glorified street tire. Congrats on the times and the new setup sounds killer!! I would like to do something like that!!

Jamie R.
'01 Silver Cobra on the Cover of MM&FF's August '07 Issue

Last edited:

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
Well the video wasnt the best of launches.

My car averages 1.7 60fts.

I shift at 6000 since it seems the car losses mph if I go any higher, and on the dyno the power starts to drop around 6300. So I figure by aiming to shift at 6000 and it probably get to 6300 prior to shifting.

I am wondering how the car is going to take to the heads, cams, and intake. I just want 11.50's out of the car reguardless of the mph. Any faster than that is a bonus....lol

Jamie R.

Established Member
From my understanding of the way these cars make power and not having any torque, the reasoning for wanting to shift higher, like 6800 is after the shift you will be put right back into where these cars make power. I think if you would have been shifting at 6800 or so you would have hit the 11's easily. The mph can go up and down depending on well the car hooks. If you are spinning coming out then the car will usually mph more. The new setup should get you to the 11.50's easily.

Jamie R.
'01 Silver Cobra on the Cover of MM&FF's August '07 Issue

Last edited:

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
Parts starting to arrive.....
Received the:
*Mod Cam-ponents adjustable cam gears
*Melling pump with billet gears
*ATI Damper
*Summit shipped today the arp hardware for the cams, and crank pulley.

Heads, cams, and intake on their way.

Thanks to Naz for keeping me up todate and answering the few thousand questions I have asked so far...more to come
Also thanks to John at Modular Performance!

Last edited:

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
Update...
Motor is out, new heads and cams installed, Melling oil pump installed.

Just having a little trouble with the mod cam-ponents cam gears. It may be someting I am doing. Not sure yet. I will have to wait till after the holidays to get some information.

Any of you have experience with these gears?

One last thing....any of you have a solid lifter you want to sell or rent?

Thanks

mustangman36578

Established Member
i ordered a solid lifter from mmr. they sell them for $29. the only bad thing is shipping takes a while because they are from california and it is the holidays. i should be getting it on mon. or tues. and should be done degreeing the cams by the 1st or 2nd. if you dont mind waiting till then you can borrow mine when im done with it.

Last edited:

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
Did you have any issues with passenger side head? When I put it all together the cam is not inset enough to tighten the cam gear. Basically it seems like the cam gear and cam is flush with one another.

Nazman

Established Member
Oil Pump Stuff:

gallery_1217_503_5761.gif

MC Gears: Which problem are you having?

med_gallery_1217_503_525264.jpg

med_gallery_1217_503_452334.jpg

med_gallery_1217_503_140177.jpg

Naz

Users who are viewing this thread