Project "Snake"

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
Well its time I take my bolt-on car to the next level. I have talked with several people, but I was pressured by Nazman to buy some of his stuff.

The list of parts being updated on my car is as follows.

Nazman's heads-
....ported, polished, 1mm oversized valves, etc.....he can tell you the actual work done to them!

Comp custom cams-
....Designed yet by Nazman again.....he can tell you the specs if he wishes.

Ported Shorted Runner Intake-
....Guess by who?....yep, Nazman again.

I will be remaining with the stock short block as I dont have the funds at the moment to go all out. It will come in the future I am sure.

The motor will most likely come on in the next week or two. So if any of you are interested.....stay tuned!:burnout:

Tremor

NO MERCY
Well its time I take my bolt-on car to the next level. I have talked with several people, but I was pressured by Nazman to buy some of his stuff.

Nazman's heads-
....ported, polished, 1mm oversized valves, etc.....he can tell you the actual work done to them!

Comp custom cams-

I will be remaining with the stock short block as I dont have the funds at the moment to go all out. It will come in the future I am sure.

The motor will most likely come on in the next week or two. So if any of you are interested.....stay tuned!:burnout:

but I was pressured by Nazman to buy some of his stuff.

Naz dont preasure him lol :beer:

Keep us posted with your progress :burnout:

matted2thefloor

Established Member

Nazman's heads-

Comp custom cams-

I'll be watching, that's for sure!!!

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Comp custom cams-

If those cams were out of his 322, he didn't spec them, I did, and they're off the shelf Hitech stg3s. The 111LSA is way too tight for your intake, you'll want to install them at different LCs than what they are ground. Try 111/116.

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
I'm not sure on the actual numbers that it will make. I really dont look at hp numbers. I am more interested in the performance at the track. I am hoping for somewhere around 370rwhp It may make more, or less but I am sure it will be a nice addition.

Maybe Naz, can chime in and post what he thinks it may make in all is up to par.

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
If those cams were out of his 322, he didn't spec them, I did, and they're off the shelf Hitech stg3s. The 111LSA is way too tight for your intake, you'll want to install them at different LCs than what they are ground. Try 111/116.

No, those arent the ones. I dont know the specs besides somewhere around 500/475 lift but the duration and lc I am not sure of.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
370 is about right, but there may be a little more in it though. A bump in compression would help greatly since the long duration will reduce the dynamic CR.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
No, those arent the ones. I dont know the specs besides somewhere around 500/475 lift but the duration and lc I am not sure of.
the Hitechs are 234 deg dur intake/230 dur @.050 exh, .500"/.475" 111LSA

I think he also had Brian at Hitech come up with some FI cams for a PD blown engine that was never built. The duration on those was in the 220s and the SA was much wider than 111.

Last edited:

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
na svt....you think you can talk a guy through how to degree them.

Yup. I did it for a couple members here a few weeks ago.

BTW, Comp grinds all of Hitech's cams. I had some Hitech custom grinds in my engine and they were drop shipped to me by Comp.

Last edited:

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
Ok, well I guess maybe you can talk with him and he can tell you. I know they are still at comp and havent shipped to Modular Performance yet.

As far as the degreeing goes...sounds good. I will be ordering a set of the mod-componets adjustable cam gears most probably tomorrow.

Any experience with MMR's cam spacers?

Thanks

Last edited:

coolguy10786

Established Member
Yup. I did it for a couple members here a few weeks ago.

BTW, Comp grinds all of Hitech's cams. I had some Hitech custom grinds in my engine and they were drop shipped to me by Comp.
And I thank you sir!:beer:

Ok, well I guess maybe you can talk with him and he can tell you. I know they are still at comp and havent shipped to Modular Performance yet.

As far as the degreeing goes...sounds good. I will be ordering a set of the mod-componets adjustable cam gears most probably tomorrow.

Any experience with MMR's cam spacers?

Thanks

The cam spacers are a waste of money. The adjustable cam gears really make the degreeing process much easier.

Users who are viewing this thread