Project "Snake"

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
What more you think will need to be done to hit 400 on the Stock sb?

There is some tuning left in it. We went safe on everything until I run it for awhile. Being this was the first time I have every ripped apart a 4v I want to make sure everything is up to snuff before we get to wild.

SaleenFiend

04 MC Cobra
Established Member
Bring it out...Id like to see it, and maybe run it!

Wheres is craigs car at?

Craig has a car?? oh I forgot!

nah.. its getting the Clutch(he didn't do the cooling mod... prolly wont need it for his ONCE a YEAR drives) put in and messing with the Fuel system

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
I want to give out a few " Thanks Yous"

First of...Carlos aka...nazman, he provided the top notch parts and service. We talked about what my goals were and we found a package that fit the bill.
He kept me updated and has helped front start to still currently....
I think he guided me in a good direction and gave me a great package to work with.

John @ Modular Powerhouse....this guy is amazing. Prior to even buying any parts from him he help me and answered a bunch of questions. I bought the parts I needed and what was recommended. He called me to make sure I received them and that I was happy. I was also looking for a adjustable lash adjuster. He didnt have any at that point. Then low and behold about a week or so later I get a package in the mail. It was a adj lash adjuster. He said I could borrow it and just return it when I was done.

Todd aka nasvt....man does this guy know cams. I was lost with how to degree them. I read some of the articles about it but was still lost. He offered the help. He schooled me on what I was doing wrong and set me straight. Very nice and knowledgeable guy.

Also to TPSperformance...Total Performance Solutions -- Dyno Tuning and Performance Parts in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. They helped me get the motor out, work with me on a few parts I needed. Also there tuning is second to none. I have never seen a guy get so detailed in what he is doing and will explain to you whats happening, not just get you in, tell you sit down and heres the bill. I recommend them for any service, tuning, etc...

As far as the build went...

It went great. The degreeing was a bit of a pain in the butt, but what you get it, it just time consuming.
Once I got it all back together, the most nerve racking part was turning the key that first time. I was so afraid I was going to hear all the valves making love to the piston. They never did so its all good.

The car ran a little ruff at first, but I figured it was in the tune, or lack there of. Brought it to the dyno and let them do there magic. It made a huge difference. The car sounded wicked.

Once it was tuned we took it for a drive...the car felt completly normal, except for the idle sounded different. But the car drove perfect. You never would guess that its a fully built upper end. We decided to give it some gas, and man oh man, It freaked me out. The car screamed in every gear. I had a huge grin. Wes ( the tuner ) said "this thing pulls hard" Other than when your in the gas, the car behaves like a stock car.

I am very impressed so far. I will be going to the drag strip Friday night to see what I can get out of here at this point. I will update the thread tomorrow night with the new times.

Thanks guys! If any of you need any recommendations, let me know!:beer:

SaleenFiend

04 MC Cobra
Established Member
Which track Friday Night?

Awesome Its good to hear some good news about TPS also!
Finally a good and reliable LOCAL SHOP .

SaleenFiend

04 MC Cobra
Established Member
Which track Friday Night?

Awesome Its good to hear some good news about TPS also!
Finally a good and reliable LOCAL SHOP .

bsmith782

RANDY WATSON!
Established Member
What are the stock 99-01 longblocks good to NA? I know 450 boosted with a good tune but still thats prolly on the edge.

Nazman

Established Member
Hopefully with a little more magic I can get to the 400 mark.

Nothing but a little black magic and one of these new and improved Nazty Ported Short Runners!

nazpsr7

No epoxy, full on radius bell mouths, 3 axis CNC mill, modular runners to prety much any runner lengh from 9-14" and modular plenum volumes to accomodate a multitude of moto CIs and RPM ranges!

Come get some! :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread