Project "Snake"

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
Sorta and No. I swapped fuel pumps, but I haven't done any datalogging with the new wideband yet. Just been too busy. Naz and I are working on a plan to time the cams though. So maybe soon I will have the motor up to its full potential.

Bob Cosby

Established Member
Just read through this....Very nice! May I ask what at rpm peak HP is? I agree totally with Naz - even a stock motor needs to be shifted as close to 7k as possible (most especially 1/2 and 2/3). Just by doing that you'll pick up nicely in both ET & mph. With the ported intake, you'll want to move that up as much as you dare. I've taken a stock shortblock to 7500 rpm, so I wouldn't be worried about going that high.

Best of luck!

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
Peak was around 6200 but he is taking care of this issue as we speak. The new intake is in the making.

Im not scared of breaking the motor so next time out we shall see....lol

Also I am going back to the tuner Thursday night to make some adjustment in the timing. We kept it kind safe for a bit.

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
New dyno video.
[ame]http://videos.streetfire.net/video/2001-Cobra-Dyno-Pulls_640824.htm[/ame]

We worked abit more on the timing and was able to get almost another 10....it was actually 9.8 but whos counting.
I will post the exact numbers once I get the sheet emailed.

Last edited:

Nazman

Established Member
New dyno video.

We worked abit more on the timing and was able to get almost another 10....it was actually 9.8 but whos counting.
I will post the exact numbers once I get the sheet emailed.

9.8 RWHP are nice! That puts you where..........393+RWHP? Hell, with the new intake....400 RWHP with the stock short block are very much within reach!

My best was 410RW...with the mighty FR500 intake...and stock short block!

Intake coming your way........

Naz

Last edited:

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
I think so....if there is one there I can find it. My STFT are still off abit. I think it may be in the cam timing. I will find out this summer.

Nice. Your car is still very stout for what it has. Gives me some confidence when it comes time to do mine whenever I can afford it

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
9.8 RWHP are nice! That puts you where..........393+RWHP? Hell, with the new intake....400 RWHP with the stock short block are very much within reach!

My best was 410RW...with the mighty FR500 intake...and stock short block!

Intake coming your way........

Naz

It was 392 or so uncorrected...but 382 corrected. Last time it was 383 uncorrected and 374 corrected.

Bring on the intake....Im in the process of converting over to GT brakes, and doing a little more weight reduction.

Hopefully next time out I will be on slicks and skinnies to she what shes got.:beer:

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
It was 392 or so uncorrected...but 382 corrected. Last time it was 383 uncorrected and 374 corrected.

Great numbers. Does the dyno have STD and SAE correction factors? What is "uncorrected"? Is uncorrected similar to SAE or STD?

tmhutch

4v>3v>2v
Established Member
Great numbers. Does the dyno have STD and SAE correction factors? What is "uncorrected"? Is uncorrected similar to SAE or STD?

Who stole NA SVT's password?

Un-corrected is what the car actually lays down. The real numbers. To compare dyno runs between a 30 degree day and a 90 degree day they have to be adjusted to the same weather conditions:

SAE (j1349) correction:
29.23 in/hg.
77 degree temp
0 percent humidity

STD correction:
29.92 in/hg.
68 degree temp
0 percent humidity

This way a person can make an apples to apples comparison no matter the temperature, pressure or humidity.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Who stole NA SVT's password?
I should have made that question more clear. I wasn't sure if there was something peculiar with the corrections factors of the dyno he used since he didn't mention SAE or STD.

For some reason we all use SAE as the standard when talking dyno numbers. I've seen people quote STD numbes (and people jump all over them) but never un-corrected numbers as they are influenced by the conditions and they can make the numbers lower or higher.

So the engine made 374 SAE soon after the h/c/i mods and now it's at 382 SAE with a bit more tuning and another 18rwhp is needed to get to the magic number of 400rwhp.

Users who are viewing this thread