Project 650 RWHP Mach has begun.

Newskool Mach

9 second club
Established Member
:Flame: Well went to the track Monday night and clicked off this...
newestpersonalbest_zps4fad839f.jpg

By far my personal best. Cooled it down and brought it around for another run and while in the staging lanes it died. I tried to restart it began a light knock and no oil pressure and died. Towed it home but all the mod guys there agree that it was the notorious FRPP oil pump gears. Now I had heard of some failures of stock gears but my stock motor held up and I bought a brand new FRPP oil pump so I felt pretty confident well... I saved $300 and it cost me $3000 havent begun the teardown yet and really have no desire or cash right now but when I do I will post.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Cooled it down and brought it around for another run and while in the staging lanes it died. I tried to restart it began a light knock and no oil pressure and died. Towed it home but all the mod guys there agree that it was the notorious FRPP oil pump gears.

This isn't good. Hopefully it didn't run long enough to take out any bearings.

watman02

Established Member
Ok so Jake at Power by the Hour did me right with a Power Pipe install and catch can so I didn't piss oil all over the track. Then a Ken Bjonnes Lund tune and this is the new sheet. Off to the track Sunday!!!

dynosheet-1_zpsb21586c1.jpg

Thanks guys and a cool day hanging out!!

why did you start your pull so late? (4500rpm)? also what was with that large dip in power at 6100rpm?
is it normal for peak torque at 5200rpm? seems kinda high to me?

Newskool Mach

9 second club
Established Member
why did you start your pull so late? (4500rpm)? also what was with that large dip in power at 6100rpm?
is it normal for peak torque at 5200rpm? seems kinda high to me?

Honestly I don't know why the pull was started late maybe it had to do with the large stall in my converter. The dip was the converter locking. Yea I think the torque peak was so high because of the Crower cams power is up high.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
An n/a cobra cammed engine can make peak tq at 5200. I'm curious as to why the tq didn't peak at at a higher rpm and also why ut dropped off so fast after peak. The boost should keep the tq after pek at a very high level.

Last edited:

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Very nice ET. Terrible news on the knock. I'm optimistic for you though, as I have seen pump failure due to gear fragmentation without total crank and cam damage. Stall out is not good though. Good luck man.

wikdlx

The Bone
Established Member
you spent $21K and went back together with unported heads and intake, stock k-member and didnt even upgrade to a 3 bolt tensioner and cover?
where did you spend your $$?

still a great build and thanks for sharing. I'm building a complete motor and fuel system for my Black 03 right now.

Users who are viewing this thread