Project 650 RWHP Mach has begun.

phillipmach1

Established Member
Thanks man, stock motor went 40,000 no problems. The built motor goes 1000 and total melt down. Oh well I hope this is the last time too!

Yep on my brand new built motor wiped out the block and the crank.

Thanks bro. Gonna wait till it gets a little colder but I'm shooting for nines with a pulley and a new BOV.

Wow looked just like mine, looks like it took out more than the block and the crank. What else besides those cams??
No the block was ok but the passenger side head and cams and the T-trim supercharger was damege also and oil pump, what save the driver side head was that the secondary timing chain broke, but she is put back together and waiting for my TI-trim from vortech and back on the dyno.

Last edited:

Newskool Mach

9 second club
Established Member
Not to be a douche but how come you didn't put billet oil pump gears in when you built your motor?

Those are one of the most important things, in my opinion.

Guess I didn't do enough research and the builder didn't specialize on mod motors so I thought a brand new FRPP oil pump was good enough.

Glad you got it back up and running man.

Thanks man!

I am running an aluminator without upgraded gears and it has me nervous as shit. I dont spin it passed 6500 though so I thought I would be in the safer zone. Guess I'm wrong thinking this.
Some never go and there were quite a few 5.0's and 4.6's down at the builder with broken gears, the new ones are the same crappy metal as the 4.6's so they are breaking also. If you go high horsepower you should replace those gears
Couple of guys down at the shop think it has to do with harmonics. I hit the rev limiter quite a few times when I was working on the tune might have weakened them.

I know i ask my builder the same question.

No the block was ok but the passenger side head and cams and the T-trim supercharger was damege also and oil pump, what save the driver side head was that the secondary timing chain broke, but she is put back together and waiting for my TI-trim from vortech and back on the dyno.

That sucks bro just sounds like big bucks!!

phillipmach1

Established Member
Yea the price you have to pay for speed but she is almost done.
20130628_122903_zps7835e558.jpg
IMG_20130812_134310_564_zps28e40883.jpg
IMG_20130812_134207_681_zps8bc62037.jpg

Stanger00

Established Member
Some never go and there were quite a few 5.0's and 4.6's down at the builder with broken gears, the new ones are the same crappy metal as the 4.6's so they are breaking also. If you go high horsepower you should replace those gears

This is what I have read as well. I have 1300 miles on my aluminator and its pushing out just over 600hp but I dont rag on it too much. My first trip to the strip and I only made 2 passes with my best MPH of only 127.

Newskool Mach

9 second club
Established Member
Yea the price you have to pay for speed but she is almost done.
20130628_122903_zps7835e558.jpg
IMG_20130812_134310_564_zps28e40883.jpg
IMG_20130812_134207_681_zps8bc62037.jpg

Very nice bro, that intercooler don't leave much room under the hood on that right side huh? The saying in the car world is "speed cost money, how fast you want to go?" LOL

This is what I have read as well. I have 1300 miles on my aluminator and its pushing out just over 600hp but I dont rag on it too much. My first trip to the strip and I only made 2 passes with my best MPH of only 127.

That's not bad that's around where I am at losing some with the auto. I went 130MPH but it was a cold night and conditions were perfect!

Newskool Mach

9 second club
Established Member
Well I have finally thrown in the towel and got rid of the Mach. I was taken a drive a couple of months ago driving easy and it started running rough, really rough. Limped it to a freinds house got my trailer picked it up and took it to the shop. No compression on the passenger side of the motor. Long story short snapped a cam bolt. Builder did not take responsibility. I have had it. Sold it to a buddy and bought this;

Daledetail1_zps68734972.jpg

Daledetail2_zpsc0567c65.jpg

Daledetail3_zpsca7d6895.jpg

Daledetail4_zps74eab45d.jpg

Daledetail5_zps5fc13fea.jpg

Daledetail6_zps783f3a46.jpg

It will be in for a Fluid twin turbo kit in a month or so. I'll miss the Mach but not much...

mystickb1996

Established Member
good choice man, looks like it had you bleeding money. that 5.0 will be a 9s car all day with there kit, gotta love the red fluid car that runs on dr's in the low 9s

Newskool Mach

9 second club
Established Member
good choice man, looks like it had you bleeding money. that 5.0 will be a 9s car all day with there kit, gotta love the red fluid car that runs on dr's in the low 9s

Yea I have seen the red Fluid car run. Thats what got me into a Fluid turbo kit. MY car is going to be one of the second set of test cars and will get the kit soon. I will not be running E85 so low 10s will probably be as fast as I go for while thanks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread