Procharger question

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
bigslim said:
All hell did not break out because of JD's run. The hell broke out because there wasn't any valid truth to the advertising that was in the thread. I consider JD and good guy and had a lot of hanging with him the summer. Truth be told I wished he lived closer so we could hangout more. I was one of the first to say how he beat me at MVIII. I say congrats to JD and hope to see him in the 11's soon.

Okay slim, I'll take your word for it, although I did not read the original post.

But let's be fair then as long as were talking truth in advertising.

Why is there a claim on the Trilogy website that the stock kit will get a car into the 12's? 12.9 at that. Tallboy is the only person who I know who has a basically stock car with K@N air filter kit with a 12.9 and he did it on the coldest day we had down here so far at night. Out of totally stock cars, over 100 kits, how many break the 12's? And I do not know if Chuck borrowed some widened rims or not or what else he has done to his car, that is for him to say.

So is it fair to say that for these 2 years before Chuck was able to run a 12.9 that that claim on the website is a lie, an out right exaggeration, or misleading statement?

Don't get pissed, fair is fair, debate it please.

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
Smokie said:
Is all in how you wish to interpret the word opportunity if you take this word to mean guaranteed then it would be a lie.

Let me offer a similar scenario, the Trilogy web site has a comparo on different S/C options with results included, the stated claim is that a bonestock MM. will run a 12.95 quarter mile with just a T-Kit.

Would you consider this to be what the majority of bonestock MM's are running??? or a best case scenario???

Before some of you get all riled up and think I am attacking Trilogy, consider this: I own a Trilogy kit, I love my kit, I consider Jerry a good friend and a most honorable man who has ALWAYS kept his word in every respect.

I know ONE owner that has run a bonestock T-Kit in the 12's--Tallboy. Period. Therefore the claim is true!!! but it is not the AVERAGE. Can we agree. :)

So the claim is NOW true, well after 2 years, although that is a negation considering Chuck has a Line Lock kit and a K&N Intake and is no longer stock.

Last edited:

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
The claims on the Trilogy website are valid. The claimed 12.95 run on a stock Trilogy was accomplished with none other than Dave P. himself at the wheel, driving a car with the Trilogy and nothing else. Not even a K&N. This has been duplicated [and exceeded, by the way] many times since then.

Trying to divert the focus of this thread is a feeble attempt to once again cloud some serious credibility issues.

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
tallboy said:
The claims on the Trilogy website are valid. The claimed 12.95 run on a stock Trilogy was accomplished with none other than Dave P. himself at the wheel, driving a car with the Trilogy and nothing else. Not even a K&N. This has been duplicated [and exceeded, by the way] many times since then.

Trying to divert the focus of this thread is a feeble attempt to once again cloud some serious credibility issues.

Yeah right Chuck, that claim is a serious exception to the rule, an outright exaggeration in an optimistic sense based on Trilogys part.

Optimistic, that's what Greg is. Too bad you don't like it.

All you have succeeded at is getting everyone mad at each other and blowing things out of proportion, your usual tactic while you claim to be holier than thou.

Congratulations, don't choke on the Kool Aid!

Done with this one, carry on fella.

Last edited:

MarauderTJA

# 2 Procharger Marauder
Established Member
tallboy said:
...And you know I consider you a friend. Remember who went on-line and gave the ProCharger guys mad props for thier incredible performance at SSHS5? It was me.

My problem is not with any F.I.T. customer. I have seen JD run and complimented him more than once. I have pm'ed you kudos and engouragement in your endeavors as well. I told you I felt you would be the first F.I.T. car in the 11s, and I meant it. No one has cheered you on or supported you more than I have.

My problem is with Greg. The guy just cannot tell the truth unless the proverbial gun is put to his head, and you know this to be true, Tom. All I want is for this guy to TELL THE TRUTH.

For some reason, this seems to be a continuing problem for this guy.

Peace.

Yes, you have supported me. No doubt and thanks. But, some time back we had a discussion on the mistake Greg made. But that doesn't mean things never change. Its all in the interpretation, personal opinions and friendships.

This whole thing looks like the Triology & Procharger henchmen are out enforcing, defending and stabbing each other in the back whenever there is a chance and opportunity. :burn: It ultimately hurts both Greg and Jerry. The internet and forums like this are healthy and informative. But it gets to a point when opinions get emotional and non objective, then it becomes point less.

I am done with this thread. :rolleyes:

May all of you have a happy and safe Thanksgiving holiday. :beer:

Last edited:

MI2QWK4U

Motor City Marauders
Established Member
Well...first of all Greg, I consulted with other moderators at MM.net at the request of membership, just like I would do for you. That line about it being moderated by a Trilogy Moderator was way out of line. Your original post indicated that with your base kit with the stall and 4:10s would run high 11s and low 12s. Low 11s was plain out false advertising, with the appearance that your ride would run high 11s with the bigger package. There is no supercharger kit period that will give you 11s with a stall and 4;10s. NO ONES. Period. So why would you even suggest that concept when trying to sell your product? Someone buys your setup with stall and gears, and doesnt get into the 11s, dont you think they might be pissed? I would. I didnt purchase my supercharger based on how fast, rather how much of an improvment over stock with a factory look. You should have included some type of disclaimer that with widened rims, some type of drag/slick tire, smaller pully, that you would be very close. Anyone with racing experience knows that the faster your car runs, the more expensive every tenth of a second becomes. So running 12.2 is awesome for any kit, to make it run into the 11s will cost a decent amount. I am sure that Mark will hit 11s if he is determined, just like the others in the 11 sec club. No one attacked your kit or equipment, so dont get your knickers all in a bunch, what you were told was to eliminate the misleading wording, you didnt, and the moderators did. If you want to make this personal, go ahead, I am not. If any of this spills over onto MM.net, whoever brings it will get a nice vacation, that has already been discussed, an no one is above recieving a vacation. I cant help it you were wrong, and the only recourse is to cry and call it a Trilogy thing, grow up.

MI2QWK4U

Motor City Marauders
Established Member
maraudernkc said:
Chuck, yes I did what is the big fffffffffnnnnnn deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I than went back and edited it at the request of Dave and he still deleted the word oppurtunity out of the thread. :pop:

Taking more liberties with the truth again? I asked you about it first, voicing concern that the wording may raise some concerns about the 11 second claim. You didnt have the decency to return my message. At that point another moderator and I were discussing it. WE decided that it needed to be edited, WE sent you a full explaination as a courtesy, and WE agreed on what should be changed, and it was done. I never acted alone, rather as a team of moderators, which is the way it should be. So stop your crying and stop your smart comments towards me. I should be used to it by now, this is far from the first time you have taken cheap shots at me, only hurts you brother. I would be careful about ripping on the moderators though, Logan doesnt like it very much....

Cobra25

Established Member
I almost can't believe how much some of you just nit pick & all the B.S. that goes on about Who has a better kit or which is better, Or who said what. Trilogy & Procharger but have great kit's and both vendor's are very up front and honest people. You all bought a Marauder because you loved the car, you joined the group to meet good people, you moded it to make it faster and too have fun with it. I really think some of you have nothing better to do than fight with each other . Some of the Guy's with the Trilogy kits some time go a little too far. Remember it's easy to make friends and harder to get them back when you loose them. Some of you put the 1/4 mile times inhead of your friendships, whats wrong with you ? Wake up !

Smokie

Established Member
I would like to wish all my fellow Marauder owners a Happy and Safe Thanksgiving, may you find yourself this thursday at a table surrounded by the people that you love and care about.

I wish you all peace of mind and good health, take care. Javier.

Rider90

Established Member
bigslim said:
Grow up, sell your car and go away.
Deal, but if I sell it can I get a PT Cruiser?
gay.gif

bigslim

Established Member
Rider90 said:
Deal, but if I sell it can I get a PT Cruiser?
gay.gif
What do you drive for the winter? I have a PT big I do not want to drive my "SUPERCHARGED" MM in the winter. Do you have a supercharged MM? I don't thing so. You always seem to chime in on the supercharged threads. Buy one, then talk. I have had enough of your stuff at MM.net. You come in with your stuff starting zingers and then back away to see if you can get something started. It will not with me anymore.

bigslim

Established Member
Cobra25 said:
I almost can't believe how much some of you just nit pick & all the B.S. that goes on about Who has a better kit or which is better, Or who said what. Trilogy & Procharger but have great kit's and both vendor's are very up front and honest people. You all bought a Marauder because you loved the car, you joined the group to meet good people, you moded it to make it faster and too have fun with it. I really think some of you have nothing better to do than fight with each other . Some of the Guy's with the Trilogy kits some time go a little too far. Remember it's easy to make friends and harder to get them back when you loose them. Some of you put the 1/4 mile times inhead of your friendships, whats wrong with you ? Wake up !
The true friends stay true friends. I have met some terrific people from all over the country. Hopefully I will continue to keep them as friends. The ones that remain my friends are the real friends. BTW, no one here stated that their kit was better than the other. It was all about the truth.

Rider90

Established Member
bigslim said:
What do you drive for the winter? I have a PT big I do not want to drive my "SUPERCHARGED" MM in the winter. Do you have a supercharged MM? I don't thing so. You always seem to chime in on the supercharged threads. Buy one, then talk. I have had enough of your stuff at MM.net. You come in with your stuff starting zingers and then back away to see if you can get something started. It will not with me anymore.
I don't know "Slim" looks like I came in with a zinger, started something, and it didn't work on you?

And why should I buy a supercharger just so I can talk in the threads regarding them? What does that have to do with posting a comment about how touchy the rat pack gets when a Procharger/Vortech starts nipping at your heels on the timeslip page? You fellas even edited a post on the other site just because it was misleading, isn't this common when talking to a diverse crowd? If a man selling a supercharger kit wants to talk people into high 11's why should anyone stand in his way? Just because "You" spent a large chunk of change on getting your Marauder where it needs to be doesn't give you the right to shun upon others for dreaming of the same without spending as much money. I guess now I'm referring to Dave? Sorry Dave, you can't lock this thread, you'll have to find someone else. Dave, you crossed the line editing someone else's post because it clashed with your beliefs and the beliefs of your companions. I don't care if you agree, nor do I care for any reply you may or may not be thinking of. I have my opinion, and that is why it is my opinion and not one we share together.

I don't care who has a supercharged car. Me, You, Whoever, it doesn't matter to me. A Marauder is a Marauder, although sometimes I get the vibe that the Marauders must be different between Michigan and Illinois. I don't care who has the most "Mods" or who is the fastest, I guess my theory is if you can drive it, have fun, park it and feel good about the money you've put into the vehicle - you're good to go. I must be strange, be that as it may, who really cares.

I do wonder, though, when someone goes Route #2 verses your Route #1 and spends much less - do you feel the need to defend yourself for your purchase decision?

If anyone wants to E-mail me to discuss this further, please? [email protected]. I don't need to waste the space on this wonderful board.

bigslim

Established Member
Rider90 said:
I don't know "Slim" looks like I came in with a zinger, started something, and it didn't work on you?

And why should I buy a supercharger just so I can talk in the threads regarding them? What does that have to do with posting a comment about how touchy the rat pack gets when a Procharger/Vortech starts nipping at your heels on the timeslip page? You fellas even edited a post on the other site just because it was misleading, isn't this common when talking to a diverse crowd? If a man selling a supercharger kit wants to talk people into high 11's why should anyone stand in his way? Just because "You" spent a large chunk of change on getting your Marauder where it needs to be doesn't give you the right to shun upon others for dreaming of the same without spending as much money. I guess now I'm referring to Dave? Sorry Dave, you can't lock this thread, you'll have to find someone else. Dave, you crossed the line editing someone else's post because it clashed with your beliefs and the beliefs of your companions. I don't care if you agree, nor do I care for any reply you may or may not be thinking of. I have my opinion, and that is why it is my opinion and not one we share together.

I don't care who has a supercharged car. Me, You, Whoever, it doesn't matter to me. A Marauder is a Marauder, although sometimes I get the vibe that the Marauders must be different between Michigan and Illinois. I don't care who has the most "Mods" or who is the fastest, I guess my theory is if you can drive it, have fun, park it and feel good about the money you've put into the vehicle - you're good to go. I must be strange, be that as it may, who really cares.

I do wonder, though, when someone goes Route #2 verses your Route #1 and spends much less - do you feel the need to defend yourself for your purchase decision?

If anyone wants to E-mail me to discuss this further, please? [email protected]. I don't need to waste the space on this wonderful board.
Spoken like a true 18 year old. You have no clue to what is going on.

First off, I don'y have one of the fastest MM's. I do not wish to have one of the fastest. This was not the reason I got mine blown. The base MM lacked off the line power. the blower took care of that.

Second, I have never said mine is better than anyone else's. I have given mad props to JD and his Procharged car. I got to hang with him at MVIII. Where were you? Oh I forgot, some of you guys in Chicago talk the talk but don't walk the walk. It is easy for you to type words into a computer but it is another thing to actually do something. We have never backed down from anything.

Third, if you read the post Dave wrote he did not act alone in doing what he did. He said that he spoke with the other mods and "THEY" as a team did what needed to be done. Read closely before you post "young one".

Lastly, I am not the only one that is really getting tired of your BS on the site. I saw the little zinger you put on Greg's thread. This is not the first time this has happened. It was because of you that Mac and I got a three day vacation. I will not allow that to happen again. I will watch over your post and If I see anything that is remotely offensive I will report it.

BTW, I bet you bought one of those penis enlargement kits because you are part of a diverse crowd and found it not to be misleading.

maraudernkc

Procharger Kit #0
Established Member
If any of this spills over onto MM.net, whoever brings it will get a nice vacation, that has already been discussed, an no one is above recieving a vacation

Dave, don't come over here and threaten people. We all know the rules.

Why don't you just step down and let Tmac take your place. :idea:

MI2QWK4U said:
Well...first of all Greg, I consulted with other moderators at MM.net at the request of membership, just like I would do for you. That line about it being moderated by a Trilogy Moderator was way out of line. Your original post indicated that with your base kit with the stall and 4:10s would run high 11s and low 12s. Low 11s was plain out false advertising, with the appearance that your ride would run high 11s with the bigger package. There is no supercharger kit period that will give you 11s with a stall and 4;10s. NO ONES. Period. So why would you even suggest that concept when trying to sell your product? Someone buys your setup with stall and gears, and doesnt get into the 11s, dont you think they might be pissed? I would. I didnt purchase my supercharger based on how fast, rather how much of an improvment over stock with a factory look. You should have included some type of disclaimer that with widened rims, some type of drag/slick tire, smaller pully, that you would be very close. Anyone with racing experience knows that the faster your car runs, the more expensive every tenth of a second becomes. So running 12.2 is awesome for any kit, to make it run into the 11s will cost a decent amount. I am sure that Mark will hit 11s if he is determined, just like the others in the 11 sec club. No one attacked your kit or equipment, so dont get your knickers all in a bunch, what you were told was to eliminate the misleading wording, you didnt, and the moderators did. If you want to make this personal, go ahead, I am not. If any of this spills over onto MM.net, whoever brings it will get a nice vacation, that has already been discussed, an no one is above recieving a vacation

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
maraudernkc said:
Dave, don't come over here and threaten people. We all know the rules.

Why don't you just step down and let Tmac take your place. :idea:

Thanks, but no thanks.

I hope everyone is happy fighting with each other!

And all because Greg was excited one of his kits ran a 12.2 with a 3.80 pulley and he allegedly was optimistic in a post. Thats funny, I read that stuff all the time, but when Greg does it it's a big deal.

Happy Holidays to anyone who actually gives a shit!

Cobra25

Established Member
bigslim said:
The true friends stay true friends. I have met some terrific people from all over the country. Hopefully I will continue to keep them as friends. The ones that remain my friends are the real friends. BTW, no one here stated that their kit was better than the other. It was all about the truth.
I too have met some terrific people and made alot of new friends since I got my Marauder. I sometimes have a hard time reading some of the B.S. that is printed. Thats why I respect guy's like TMAC & MarauderTJA , just to name a few ,because they tell you truth & are up front about things. While no one is perfect, we all do our best to be honest & help each other out. ( True Friends stay true friends) most of the time, but not always. BigSlim may you & your family have a Happy Thanksgiving & A Happy & Safe Hoilday season.

Rider90

Established Member
bigslim said:
BTW, I bet you bought one of those penis enlargement kits because you are part of a diverse crowd and found it not to be misleading.
Where did the penis enlargement kit come from? First the PT Cruiser, now you're bringing up my genitals...

bigslim said:
Lastly, I am not the only one that is really getting tired of your BS on the site.
This is good to know. As a person constantly seeking out approval from people over the internet this makes me worried. Do keep me updated on my status in everyone's book, please?

bigslim said:
It was because of you that Mac and I got a three day vacation.
If Mac felt I was the reason he took a "Vacation" then we would have told me, no excuses. He hasn't said a word and you're the first person to bring this up. How can I be responsible for something someone else does?

bigslim said:
I will watch over your post and If I see anything that is remotely offensive I will report it.
I'm impressed, you now have the power that everyone else does. Keep up the good work. If I felt the need to really tell you how I felt I would probably E-mail you or call you, unfortunately, the passion to shoot down someone else isn't that strong in this punk. I'll keep posting these "Zingers" and you can tell me how much you won't respond to them.
bigslim said:
Oh I forgot, some of you guys in Chicago talk the talk but don't walk the walk.
Or we have obligations in our own town that need tending to? Maybe a job? The financial situation from one member to the next does not intrest me, so we don't need to get into how you can take vacation time. I make my ends meet. But, if I was in your shoes, I would be taking the vacation time and meeting some of my Motor City Marauders at the next gathering. Not to fight, or argue, that would be stupid. Probably to shake hands, smile, pretend we want to meet the other person as so many do in these situations, and turn the other cheek? Unless we can reinact West Side Story. I'm game.

bigslim said:
Second, I have never said mine is better than anyone else's.
And I never accused you of saying this. Now I'm glad.
bigslim said:
Read closely before you post "young one".
First the PT Cruiser, now the genitals, now you are calling me "Young One." Are you breathing heavily, too? This is getting us no where.

On another note...
bigslim said:
I am not here to start anything. I just read Greg's thread offering his kit for the hoildays. In the thread he states that if you buy his upgraded complete kit you will be able to run in the high 11's to low 12's. Now I know his kit makes the car run good. I have seen it run in the low 12's. My question is who has run his MM with Greg's kit in the 11's yet? Please don't start a mine is better than yours war. Maybe I missed something but I have yet to see someone post numbers supporting Greg's claim.
You meant to start something otherwise you would not have posted this. You knew that if you wanted to get the information for yourself you could have just message one person - Greg himself. He would know if anyone with his kit was pulling 11's. But, you had to make it an attraction, and get the rest of the gang riled up making it seem like Greg is taking his own cheap shot at the MM Community by lying and make false claims, blah, blah, blah. If you didn't want to start an issue, you would have NOT been the author of this thread.

You gonna E-mail me yet, Slim? Or continue making up zingers about my age?

Users who are viewing this thread