Procharger Challenge!

MarauderTJA

# 2 Procharger Marauder
Established Member
tallboy said:
I'm gonna kill carfixer. I'm just gonna kill him. :-D

The reasons I will not be taking my car to Orlando for the weekend are as follows:

1. My car is a garage queen. Not a daily driver. I would not be able to sleep at night with my car outside, or enjoy my day if it was parked at Sea World's public parking lot.

2. I will be having more than a few drinks this weekend [Jungle Jim's, here I come!]. I am weak of will and after a few cold ones, my right foot doubles in size and weight.

3. My wife will have to drive while I'm knocking back the "Twilight Zones" at Jungle Jim's. She is not allowed to drive my car. Period. End of sentence. Besides, we have four cars and I asked her which one she would be most comfortable driving. She said, and I quote-"mine."

Carfixer-lock your doors...

Now now now Chuck.

1.Don't kill Carfixer, we would both suffer with any mechanic work if you kill him. :poke:
2. Don't park your Neon anywhere near the Marauders that are there. :fart:
3. You could always sleep in your car to protect it. AS from what I hear you and your car are VERY close :lol:
4. And yes, alcohol does swell you right foot :nono:
5. Hopefully your garage is real secure, because I could use some extra tires for my car when you are gone. :D
6. Make sure you at least bring a picture of your car with you to prove you have a Marauder. :beer:

Good thing I am not able to make it. Man you have a beautiful ride, leaving it in the garage is sinful :bash:

TOM

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
MarauderTJA said:
Now now now Chuck.

6. Make sure you at least bring a picture of your car with you to prove you have a Marauder. :beer:
OUCH!!!!! A rabbit punch to the solarplex!!!!!!!

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
My car can be seen on the Trilogy Motorsports website. Doing a burnout for the whole world to see.

So can Billy's car-doing the burnout against which all others are judged.

My car stays in the garage this weekend.

Y'all can go to hell. :-D

MarauderTJA

# 2 Procharger Marauder
Established Member
Seriously

BillyGman said:
OUCH!!!!! A rabbit punch to the solarplex!!!!!!!

I do trust you know I am not serious. Chuck, I love my car as much as you do, and I fully understand your passion for your car. :rockon:

Last edited:

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
MarauderTJA said:
I do trust you know I am not serious. Chuck, I love my car as much as you do, and I fully understand your passion for your car. :rockon:

Note the smiley face in my post. It's all good. :-D

Besides-it's raining outside!!! :uh oh:

We're leaving this afternoon and are looking forward to meeting the Orlando boys... :beer:

MarauderTJA

# 2 Procharger Marauder
Established Member
tallboy said:
Note the smiley face in my post. It's all good. :-D

Besides-it's raining outside!!! :uh oh:

We're leaving this afternoon and are looking forward to meeting the Orlando boys... :beer:

That's cool. Just wanted to make sure buddy. Hey, have a good time in Orlando. I was contemplating going with my wife. But I just got back last night from Dallas, texas. Flight was delayed 2 hours from DFW and got in at 1am. Sucked. Plus with the weather, my wife desn't want to go. :shrug: With the rain we have been getting from this storm out in the gulf and just getting home, I really don't want to go either. :coolman: Say Hi to everyone for me and have a couple of cold ones for me. :beer:

Also, if you could check out the guys Marauder with the new delete resonator tips and tell what you think of the sound. I thinking about getting a set. As long as they are not loud on the highway (no droan).

Oh Yeah, don't kill Carfixer :lol:

Last edited:

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
MarauderTJA said:
Also, if you could check out the guys Marauder with the new delete resonator tips and tell what you think of the sound. I thinking about getting a set. As long as they are not loud on the highway (no droan).

Oh Yeah, don't kill Carfixer :lol:

You read my mind-I am very interesed to see how those tips sound, and if there is any drone. I might be getting a set for myself.

As for Carfixer, the Governor has granted him a stay of execution.

For now. :-D

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
MarauderTJA said:
[/B] :lol:

Tom, Have you found a Pot o' Gold me friend? It seems like your mod list has been getting longer and longer.

Slow down a little, let the rest of us keep up!

MarauderTJA

# 2 Procharger Marauder
Established Member
Mods

tmac1337 said:
Tom, Have you found a Pot o' Gold me friend? It seems like your mod list has been getting longer and longer.

Slow down a little, let the rest of us keep up!

Naw, no pot of gold. Small mods to enhance the experience. Hey, the Diablo dyno day is on and I am going. I e-mailed Scott and hopefully will get my tune taken care of on Saturday, hopefully first thing in the morning or last in the afternoon. That offer to stay at your house still open? I would like to come over Friday afternoon. We can chat cars.....or whatever.

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
MarauderTJA said:
Naw, no pot of gold. Small mods to enhance the experience. Hey, the Diablo dyno day is on and I am going. I e-mailed Scott and hopefully will get my tune taken care of on Saturday, hopefully first thing in the morning or last in the afternoon. That offer to stay at your house still open? I would like to come over Friday afternoon. We can chat cars.....or whatever.

Tom I have Friday off and will be waiting on you. I will round up some of the local members Friday night to hang out also.

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
Anybody have any information on water/methanol injection kits like Mr. Freeze by Anderson Motorsports?

The kit is $169.00, mix resevoir with half water, half methanol. The mixture is only injected under boost. Cools down AIT, good for 90 RWHP on 93 octane gas. A little too much unless the spray is controllable, but much less expensive than NOS.

MarauderTJA

# 2 Procharger Marauder
Established Member
tmac1337 said:
Tom I have Friday off and will be waiting on you. I will round up some of the local members Friday night to hang out also.

Cool. Got the 60 lb injectors in. Some fine adjustments necessary, but is running fine. Finally looking forward to getting my monster sweetened up with the tune.

MarauderTJA

# 2 Procharger Marauder
Established Member
tmac1337 said:
Anybody have any information on water/methanol injection kits like Mr. Freeze by Anderson Motorsports?

The kit is $169.00, mix resevoir with half water, half methanol. The mixture is only injected under boost. Cools down AIT, good for 90 RWHP on 93 octane gas. A little too much unless the spray is controllable, but much less expensive than NOS.

Tim, the methanol injection spray is only controlled by boost. There is no fuel/air changes. It just cools the charge based on the amount of boost being generated making a safer cooler air. Horsepower is still controlled through the tune. But far safer. It is the way to go my friend.

The kit will be in my car when you see me Firday night. Man am I ready for next Saturday. It is going to be a long week.

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
MarauderTJA said:
Tim, the methanol injection spray is only controlled by boost. There is no fuel/air changes. It just cools the charge based on the amount of boost being generated making a safer cooler air. Horsepower is still controlled through the tune. But far safer. It is the way to go my friend.

The kit will be in my car when you see me Firday night. Man am I ready for next Saturday. It is going to be a long week.

I can't wait to see this methanol system in action.

If it is everything you told me I'll be right behind you.

Tom, does this thing inject different quantities of the water/methanol solution depending on the amount of boost being used? I know the kit has some kind of solenoid, is this thing controlled by pressure?

One other thing you must consider before doing the install. The solution must be sprayed in BEFORE the AIT sensor so the computer recognized the temperature has dropped and can add in timing. I have a 4 degree timing adder in my tune, I'm not sure what is in yours but we'll find out on Saturday.

The way our AIT sensors are located in the top elbo it is no big deal to hook in the nozzle just before it. If the AIT sensor is right after the intercooler then that sensor would have to be moved, which is a minor thing anyway.

MarauderTJA

# 2 Procharger Marauder
Established Member
BillyGman said:
Tommy,it sounds to me that you and I are on the same page about this. That sounds good. Quite frankly, I'm a bit surprised that you would want to drive all that distance just to hangout with me and race against me, but that's just me looking at this through my own glasses (not that I wear glasses :-D ). I definately wouldn't drive all that way just to race against another Marauder owner, but maybe you're just a whole lot more enthusiastic about racing than I am, and I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on that. So if you're willing to drive all that way and back to meet with me at the track to race against me, then I'll be willing to be there.

I'd prefer ATTCO, New Jersey. I like it there. There's usually a whole lot less ricers racing there, than there are at many other tracks (atleast the times I've been there, that's how it was). If you end up getting Nitto drag radial tires like I run on my car, I can tell you what tire pressures work best for me, which I'm sure will work well for you too. If you get slicks, well then, you're on your own. Personally, I don't like the idea of using slicks on my car. Many of the Impala SS guys say that their drivetrains were fine until they ran slicks at the track. They just grab so abruptly that all the shock goes immediately into the drivetrain, and has much more of a tendency to break axles, ring & pinion gears, and especially U-joints. But that's your choice.[/QUOTE

Billy thanks for the kudos on coming up to race you and my enthusiasm. But I am traveling up north on busines in NJ (3 wks) and MA (2 wks) as well as visiting my mother on Cape Cod, where I am from. Naw, I don't think I'd drive that distance for a race. Unless a serious bet or for a pink slip was involved. :lol: As far as ATTCO, NJ that would be fine. I never raced there and don't know where it is. But if it works for you and I can get drag radials lined up for my car, it works for me. I keep you advised on how things are progressing the closer we get to August.

Tom, Cape Coral, Florida

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
maraudernkc said:
Billy, when you ran your best time, was your car warmed up to operating tempature?
It didn't seem to matter really. I ran two 12.2's consecutively in 70 degree temperature. Both were when the engine was fully warmed up. Then at around a 50 degree track temperature, I ran two 12.0's back to back. One was done when the engine was only partially warmed up, and the other was about 10 minutes later, and the engine was fully warmed up. And I don't usually bother with icing down the engine. I'm not saying that's neccessarily wrong to do. I just don't bother with things like that. The same goes with removing the driver's side headlight or using race gas. I always want to see what my car will run while it's in the exact same mechanical condition as the way it's run on the street.The only thing I sometimes do is open up the hood for a few minutes after a run while I'm in the staging lanes waiting to run again. But with a nice 1st & 2nd gear burnout before the race, I think that will usually heat up the engine pretty good anyway, unless the temperature is in the low 40's.

The only thing that I do differently when my car is on the track is take the air pressure down a little bit in the back tires to take full advantage of the track and the VHT compound. That's it. I'm pretty much an open book about what I do on the track as well as what I've done to my car. I get really turned off by racers who always want to keep secrets, and never want to say exactly what they did to their car. That's childish as far as I'm concerned. I would understand if we were professional racers, but come on. We're just amatuers, and this is just supposed to be for fun. it's our hobby, so why all the secrets? I don't like racing guys who want to keep secrets. That's for teenagers. If my car beats yours or anybody else's, I'm perfectly willing to tell them what I've done to it on and off the car boards.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread