Procharger Challenge!

maraudernkc

Procharger Kit #0
Established Member
klmore, thanks for the offer but I am looking for a Trilogy car. I want to run a roots against our centrifical car.

klmore said:
I'm game.

My car is currently in Florida and I could get there some how to have some fun. I'm on the high side of mods, but my car is detuned to save me from myself (and my right foot). :D

I could also meet up in Dallas if we needed to. I know there are some Trilogy MM's running around DFW. Any ProChargers in DFW?

As long as it's all for fun, I'm not looking for a pissing match with anyone. I get enough of that crap at work.

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
klmore said:
I'm game.

My car is currently in Florida and I could get there some how to have some fun. I'm on the high side of mods, but my car is detuned to save me from myself (and my right foot). :D

I could also meet up in Dallas if we needed to. I know there are some Trilogy MM's running around DFW. Any ProChargers in DFW?

As long as it's all for fun, I'm not looking for a pissing match with anyone. I get enough of that crap at work.

Where in Florida? More mods being done, or just service? I'll be in Orlando this weekend with a friend of mine...

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
klmore said:
My car is at Dennis Reinhart's shop. It should be done this week if I don't add anything else. :-D

I thought that thing was done the first week of May? It's still there? What are you up to now? :coolman:

klmore

Established Member
I added some gauges and and other small things. Dennis sent out some of the parts so jigs could be made for them. We are also having a set made in aluminum and polished.

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
klmore said:
I added some gauges and and other small things. Dennis sent out some of the parts so jigs could be made for them. We are also having a set made in aluminum and polished.

I guess that's the price you pay for being an innovator. :coolman: Do you know when you'll be picking it up? How are you getting it home?

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
Tallboy, I hereby challenge you to a beer guzzling contest.

The loser will be required to make love to BillyG's car and star live in his next video.

bigslim

Established Member
maraudernkc said:
What is the best quarter mile time anyone with a Marauder has run that has a blower and stock tires? No Drag radials or slicks. Anyone know? Just curious.
I saw Dave run the Trilogy I car at Lapeer last year on stock tires with just a blower and 410's. The first run was a 15.9. It was spinning all the way down the track. Two runs later he ran a 12.4.

bigslim

Established Member
maraudernkc said:
What is the best quarter mile time anyone with a Marauder has run that has a blower and stock tires? No Drag radials or slicks. Anyone know? Just curious.
I will be at Eaton Open House at Milan on the 21st. I have the blower, 410's and a K&N Mass Air. I have stock tires. I will let you know how I run.

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
maraudernkc said:
We have cars in Florida, Iowa and Kansas currenty. This challenge was made on mm.net and not one person except the owner of Trilogy, Jerry Barnes stepped up to the plate and said let's go.

One Procgarger car

One Trilogy car

One Track

Two winners

Who is up for the challenge? :burnout:
First off, if you would get some real Hi-perf tires on your car instead of those wussy standard radials that won't grip under any kind of power even on the drag strip, then maybe you wouldn't have to make such restrictive stipulations about your potential challengers not being able to run drag radials as you did in one other thread on here. Furthermore, you wouldn't have any excuses either as you do now, since you're running wussy tires in the back of your car. What good is all that power if you can't even hook it up at the track on a consistent basis? In that case, even at the track, every time you mash the go pedal down, it's a big question mark as to how your car is going to launch. With factory stock tires, it's all about Luck during the launch. What a waste. You spent all that money for a supercharger, but then you get cheap when it comes to the tires.

Secondly, I wish you lived closer to me, because I'm not going to FLA just to race anyone. If you want to come up to NJ, or NH, then fine, but I wouldn't expect you to do that either just to race anyone.

Thirdly, you claim that "this challenge was made on MM.net" but I don't remember seeing it. And I just went on there to look up all the threads you've started since you've had the supercharger on your car installed, and there aren't any concerning this so called "challenge". Therefore you must have mentioned it in a post of yours which was located in a thread that was about something else entirely. So it's very likely that many other Marauder board members didn't see it either, including many of those who have Trilogy equipped Marauders.

Last edited:

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
tmac1337 said:

The loser will be required to make love to BillyG's car and star live in his next video.

LOL! I accept! I think we should start first thing in the morning, though. You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning.

However, after riding in Billy's car, I can tell you this: It's not something to joke about.

The freakin' thing FLIES!

klmore

Established Member
tallboy said:
I guess that's the price you pay for being an innovator. :coolman: Do you know when you'll be picking it up? How are you getting it home?

I knew up front it would take a couple of months and I have a Mustang to drive so I'm not really put out all that much. The only down side so far is I have ended up spending to much on the Mustang since I was driving it everyday. :shrug:

I'm debating on pick up now. I'm not real sure if I will fly in and drive back, or if I will have it shipped back. The shipping is pretty reasonable if you consider airfare, gas, and time spent driving.

When I get it back I'm going to repaint the hood and deck lid and have all of the scratches touched up. My wife and 3 year old have been hell on my paint and I want it to look as good as it runs. So it will be mid summer before I go back to driving it every day. :eek:

SouLRioT

Dragula
Established Member
tmac1337 said:

Is this going to take place at the Pic-Nic??? :pop:

BTW most of you know me from mm.net, if you dont, oh well.

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
SouLRioT said:

It's good to see you over here, Bill!

This won't happen at the picnic-neither TMAC or I are going to drink that much, then get behind the wheel. A beer ot two, fine. But I've got a feeling we're capable of much more... :beer:

MarauderTJA

# 2 Procharger Marauder
Established Member
Challenge

BillyGman said:
First off, if you would get some real Hi-perf tires on your car instead of those wussy standard radials that won't grip under any kind of power even on the drag strip, then maybe you wouldn't have to make such restrictive stipulations about your potential challengers not being able to run drag radials as you did in one other thread on here. Furthermore, you wouldn't have any excuses either as you do now, since you're running wussy tires in the back of your car. What good is all that power if you can't even hook it up at the track on a consistent basis? In that case, even at the track, every time you mash the go pedal down, it's a big question mark as to how your car is going to launch. With factory stock tires, it's all about Luck during the launch. What a waste. You spent all that money for a supercharger, but then you get cheap when it comes to the tires.

Secondly, I wish you lived closer to me, because I'm not going to FLA just to race anyone. If you want to come up to NJ, or NH, then fine, but I wouldn't expect you to do that either just to race anyone.

Thirdly, you claim that "this challenge was made on MM.net" but I don't remember seeing it. And I just went on there to look up all the threads you've started since you've had the supercharger on your car installed, and there aren't any concerning this so called "challenge". Therefore you must have mentioned it in a post of yours which was located in a thread that was about something else entirely. So it's very likely that many other Marauder board members didn't see it either, including many of those who have Trilogy equipped Marauders.

I will be in New Jersey this August for two to three weeks.. In Trenton and Tom's River as well as Boston and Cape Cod for a couple of weeks. I will be driving north in my Marauder for business and to visit my mother there. I still have car enthusiast and drag racing friends in New Jersey and on Cape Cod where I am from orignially and drag raced on both tracks with previous cars I owned since the 70's. If I can get some drag radial tires for my car, I would like arrange to meet with you on either track and meet your challenge. :rockon: What do you say?

Tom, Cape Coral, Florida

MarauderTJA

# 2 Procharger Marauder
Established Member
SouLRioT said:

Hey Bill, welcome over to the dark side. Things can be said here, civil and otherwise as well as educational. Kinda fun here..

Tom, Cape Coral, Florida

MarauderTJA

# 2 Procharger Marauder
Established Member
tallboy said:
It's good to see you over here, Bill!

This won't happen at the picnic-neither TMAC or I are going to drink that much, then get behind the wheel. A beer ot two, fine. But I've got a feeling we're capable of much more... :beer:

WOW, two 6 + footers. What a challenge! I don't know Tim, Chuck has some really long legs to pack away a lot of beer...I think he may have you beat here :beer: Beer to beer intercooler or beer to air intercooler...Man...We could start some serious sh--t here..

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
MarauderTJA said:
I will be in New Jersey this August for two to three weeks.. . :rockon: What do you say?

Tom, Cape Coral, Florida
I was just explaining to Greg, why his challenge was a bit unrealistic, and wasn't very well known either as he implied that it was. However, I wouldn't mind racing you at all. But since I'm very open about everything that I've done to my car, and I include all of my modifications in my sig on both boards, I'm compelled to ask you what have you done to your car other than the supercharger, and how much boost you're running?

Last edited:

maraudernkc

Procharger Kit #0
Established Member
Billy, below is the link to the thread on the Procharger challenge. Tmac started the thread and like I said before the only person that stepped up was Jerry Barnes.http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16798&page=1&pp=15

BillyGman said:

Users who are viewing this thread