Procharger Challenge!

maraudernkc

Procharger Kit #0
Established Member
This challenge goes out to all Trilogy owners. There seems to be some debate that the Procharger cars are not as quick as the Trilogy cars on the track.

I disagee with this and offer a challenge to any Trilogy owner that wants to find out.

For this race to take place will will need to find two cars that have close to the same mods.

We have cars in Florida, Iowa and Kansas currenty. This challenge was made on mm.net and not one person except the owner of Trilogy, Jerry Barnes stepped up to the plate and said let's go.

One Procgarger car

One Trilogy car

One Track

Two winners

Who is up for the challenge? :burnout:

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
Who said the Procharger cars weren't as quick as the Trilogy cars? Not me.

There are two Procharger equipped cars here in Florida, and I am friends [I think] with both owners. One car has 4:10 gears, Cobra exhaust, and a Stallion torque converter. The other has these and more. These cars should easily be solid 12 seconds cars. Considerably faster than my car, which runs low 13s with a Trilogy and nothing else. I have yet to run it with the K&N, but I doubt it will make an appreciable difference in my E.Ts.

I'm sure that sooner or later, we'll all run into each other at the track. I'm sure a good time will be had by all, and regardless of the outcome, I'm sure the word "rematch" will be thrown around.

DEFYANT

Adm!nistrate This.....
Established Member
Yaknow... Somewhere else on this board I read that it seams everyone tries to "measure up" to the Trilogy kit. I dont uinderstand this. There should be a larger challenge. Like:

Trilogy
vs
Vortech
vs
Nitrous
vs
Turbo
vs
Procharger

I would find that more interesting. Perhaps at MVIII this debate can be settled finally.

Probably not now that I think about it... Who ever loses will most likely claim the other car has a mod it shouldnt have or was tuned too aggressivly....

Blah! The war goes on.

Yo MarauderMark, get that car back from DR and put an end to all this ;)

Oh and BTW, I am not afraid to run my car against anyone. I am not about the mod. It's about having fun. But for you it seems like you have something to prove to the world at a Trilogy owners expense. That does not bode well for your credability.

No flames intended here. This is just how I see it.

So when is the race?

maraudernkc

Procharger Kit #0
Established Member
Chuck, I am not saying you are one of the people that said the Procharger cars are not as quick.

This is for fun. That's why we have these cars.

tallboy said:
Who said the Procharger cars weren't as quick as the Trilogy cars? Not me.

There are two Procharger equipped cars here in Florida, and I am friends [I think] with both owners. One car has 4:10 gears, Cobra exhaust, and a Stallion torque converter. The other has these and more. These cars should easily be solid 12 seconds cars. Considerably faster than my car, which runs low 13s with a Trilogy and nothing else. I have yet to run it with the K&N, but I doubt it will make an appreciable difference in my E.Ts.

I'm sure that sooner or later, we'll all run into each other at the track. I'm sure a good time will be had by all, and regardless of the outcome, I'm sure the word "rematch" will be thrown around.

DEFYANT

Adm!nistrate This.....
Established Member
Better yet, why not race against each other regardless of the mods.

Let the fastest Marauder win!

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
Defyant said:
Better yet, whay not race against each other regardless of the mods.

Let the fastest Marauder win!

Absolutely! And, when the time comes I'll be at the track, too. I don't have a 12 second car and I can't drag race for shit. But, that won't stop me from getting in on the fun!

After all, I got my ass handed to me by carfixer this winter. He turned a 12.68 to my 13.33-I actually saw his board light up as he went past me. I got next to him in the cool-down lanes and started screaming "you just ran a 12.68!!!" [Sumbitch.] :beer:

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
And I was just thinking to myself earlier today how boring the threads on MM.net had become lately. Nothing like SVTperformance.com to spice up everyone's lives a little bit.

Let's see how long it takes for everyone to stop beating their chest's this time?

It is inevitable that a Procharger and Trilogy will face off someday. So what? We are talking tenths of a second here! All in good fun.

I am not of the opinion that minor mods make a real sizeable power difference at the track.

Bring what you got with a smile on your face.

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
tallboy said:
After all, I got my ass handed to me by carfixer this winter. He turned a 12.68 to my 13.33-I actually saw his board light up as he went past me. I got next to him in the cool-down lanes and started screaming "you just ran a 12.68!!!" [Sumbitch.] :beer:

Claude is still using his gas? Why, that is simply devilish!

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
tmac1337 said:
Claude is still using his gas? Why, that is simply devilish!

Naah-he sold his Zex setup. This was with Nitrous, 4:10 gears, pulleys, and a tune. Most impressive, no?

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
tallboy said:
Naah-he sold his Zex setup. This was with Nitrous, 4:10 gears, pulleys, and a tune. Most impressive, no?

Very much so. Scott Beer suggested I install nitros with a 25 shot. After hearing this I may have to consider it ;-)

maraudernkc

Procharger Kit #0
Established Member
What is the best quarter mile time anyone with a Marauder has run that has a blower and stock tires? No Drag radials or slicks. Anyone know? Just curious.

MarauderTJA

# 2 Procharger Marauder
Established Member
tmac1337 said:
Very much so. Scott Beer suggested I install nitros with a 25 shot. After hearing this I may have to consider it ;-)

That shot would act like an additional intercooler for you Tim. Lower intake temps are the result. I had a 75 hp N20 shot on my prior 93 Mustang Cobra with a Procharger blower. Ran high 10's. Would be interesting.

MarauderTJA

# 2 Procharger Marauder
Established Member
tallboy said:

It will be interesting to see what Mel (Bootlegger) is gong to run with his 125 shot and 4.30 gears. BTW, my son-in-law bought Claude's N20 set-up (which he istalled) for his MK VIII w/4.10's, Nitto's and tranny kit. He is having a ball and is getting balls wanting to take on Marauders.. I told him good luck...

maraudernkc

Procharger Kit #0
Established Member
One of the best things about these Procharger/Marauders are how they drive. They drive like a stock Marauder. You would never know there was a blower under the hood until you mashed the pedal and than the afterburners kick in. :burnout:

MarauderTJA

# 2 Procharger Marauder
Established Member
maraudernkc said:
One of the best things about these Procharger/Marauders are how they drive. They drive like a stock Marauder. You would never know there was a blower under the hood until you mashed the pedal and than the afterburners kick in. :burnout:

Yeah, its true. But you gotta love that sweet sounding whistle when you pull in places. The distinct sound that snaps necks everywhere you go. :rockon:

HwyCruiser

Procharger #3
Established Member
We came pretty close at CFR a few weeks back for a pretty decent matchup... Beautiful drive up, rain the next day, beautiful drive back.

WTF? :nonono:

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
MarauderTJA said:
That shot would act like an additional intercooler for you Tim. Lower intake temps are the result. I had a 75 hp N20 shot on my prior 93 Mustang Cobra with a Procharger blower. Ran high 10's. Would be interesting.

It is only a thought. I dare not tread near the mysterious edge of car disintegration in my stock state. I do plan on building my engine up in a couple of years however. That is why I am interested when engine building is discussed. 2 years now and just turned 11K.

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
MarauderTJA said:
Yeah, its true. But you gotta love that sweet sounding whistle when you pull in places. The distinct sound that snaps necks everywhere you go. :rockon:

The airbox on my car has taken most of the whistle sound away. The whistling seems to eminate out from the K&N filter the most. Enclose it and it is almost gone, sound dampened.

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
Defyant said:
Yo MarauderMark, get that car back from DR and put an end to all this ;)

He still has his car at DR's? How long has it been now? I feel sorry for him.

klmore

Established Member
I'm game.

My car is currently in Florida and I could get there some how to have some fun. I'm on the high side of mods, but my car is detuned to save me from myself (and my right foot). :D

I could also meet up in Dallas if we needed to. I know there are some Trilogy MM's running around DFW. Any ProChargers in DFW?

As long as it's all for fun, I'm not looking for a pissing match with anyone. I get enough of that crap at work.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread