Procharger Challenge!

maraudernkc

Procharger Kit #0
Established Member
Billy, that is a very fair question. Let's get two cars that have close to the same mods. I just got Tom some 60Lb Injectors but he won't be able to use them anywhere close to there limits. Tom would you please list all mods you have to your car. This racing stuff is just for fun. No one wants to loose but it aint no big deal.

Thanks, Greg

BillyGman said:
I was just explaining to Greg, why his challenge was a bit unrealistic, and wasn't very well known either as he implied that it was. However, I wouldn't mind racing you at all. But since I'm very open about everything that I've done to my car, and I include all of my modifications in my sig on both boards, I'm compelled to ask you what have you done to your car other than the supercharger, and how much boost you're running?

MarauderTJA

# 2 Procharger Marauder
Established Member
BillyGman said:
I was just explaining to Greg, why his challenge was a bit unrealistic, and wasn't very well known either as he implied that it was. However, I wouldn't mind racing you at all. But since I'm very open about everything that I've done to my car, and I include all of my modifications in my sig on both boards, I'm compelled to ask you what have you done to your car other than the supercharger, and how much boost you're running?

Sure Billy. The present mods on my car are listed on my MM.net signature, but I would be happy to update you.

04 Silver Birch Marauder: 4.10 gears (I do alot of highway driving), upgraded tranny with shift kit, 3000 stall PI Stallion, P1SC Procharger running 12 lbs boost with 2 core under-front air dam, air-to-air intercooler; 90 mm Lightning Mass Air with Diablosport MAFia mass air extender; presently the car has 42 lb injectors but are being replaced next week with 60 lb injectors, being re-tuned at Diablosport on June 18th; Exhaust, Cobra ported & ceramic coated manifolds w/high flow cats, X-pipe, Flowmaster Super 40's and complete 2.5" exhaust to tips. By the time I head north the first of August I will additionally have 31 spline axles installed, a driveshaft loop and a transmission cooler. Once the final tune is completed I will be posting the dyno sheet for all to see.

I am sure we will both have some fun as well as impress many of those who watch us race. No matter who wins. :beer: Hope we can show everyone what S/C Marauders are capable of doing at the track. Would be also cool if you could make the Southern Super Heavy Shootout in Georgia this November so we could show and compete with the SS Impala boys with our Marauders. I know a lot of Marauder guys will going there from all over the eastern U.S. I know it is a long ride (w/4.56's) for you, but it would be an impressive showing ifyou were there.

Tom, Cape Coral, Florida

Last edited:

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
maraudernkc said:
Billy, below is the link to the thread on the Procharger challenge. Tmac started the thread and like I said before the only person that stepped up was Jerry Barnes.http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16798&page=1&pp=15
Okay then Greg. I stand corrected on atleast one of my three points. Thanks. I guess I didn't pay attention to that thread since it was TMAC presenting a challenge for someone else's car, so I didn't take that too seriously. especially when TMAC has a tendency to say things just to push buttons and get reactions from people.

But the thing about the drag radials that I was saying still applies. It wouldn't even be fair, nor worth it for me to race my Marauder up against another one that doesn't have drag radials. I know that I'd win, and there would only be excuses for the loser that he didn't have drag radials, and that he couldn't hook up like I was able to. It just wouldn't make for an interesting contest if one Marauder has good rubber, and one doesn't. It's different if the track in question is real lousy, and nobody is hooking good. That would be beyond the driver's control. But lack of good tires is another story.

Last edited:

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
MarauderTJA said:
Sure Billy. The present mods on my car are listed on my MM.net signature, but I would be happy to update you.

04 Silver Birch Marauder: 4.10 gears (I do alot of highway driving), upgraded tranny with shift kit, 3000 stall PI Stallion, P1SC Procharger running 12 lbs boost with 2 core under-front air dam, air-to-air intercooler; 90 mm Lightning Mass Air with Diablosport MAFia mass air extender; presently the car has 42 lb injectors but are being replaced next week with 60 lb injectors, being re-tuned at Diablosport on June 18th; Exhaust, Cobra ported & ceramic coated manifolds w/high flow cats, X-pipe, Flowmaster Super 40's and complete 2.5" exhaust to tips. By the time I head north the first of August I will additionally have 31 spline axles installed, a driveshaft loop and a transmission cooler. Once the final tune is completed I will be posting the dyno sheet for all to see.

I am sure we will both have some fun as well as impress many of those who watch us race. No matter who wins. :beer: Hope we can show everyone what S/C Marauders are capable of doing at the track. Would be also cool if you could make the Southern Super Heavy Shootout in Georgia this November so we could show and compete with the SS Impala boys with our Marauders. I know a lot of Marauder guys will going there from all over the eastern U.S. I know it is a long ride (w/4.56's) for you, but it would be an impressive showing ifyou were there.

Tom, Cape Coral, Florida
Well, everything kinda equals out between my mods and yours except for one thing. The boost pressure you're running. My 9.5 PSI to your 12 PSI isn't close to an equal or equivalent match. But I'll be willing to run you anyway, as long as you assure me that you're all set with some drag radials on your car. I won't run any Marauder that doesn't have drag radials. I'll drive two states into New jersey to meet with you for some track racing, but as far as the Impala boys, forget that. I won't drive all the way to GA to race my daily driver, and my only car at that.

Last year those Impala guys told me that they would be willing to have an event for us close to the tri-state area (NY,CT, NJ) but when the plans were all ready to be made, they backed out when they found out my car was supercharged, and running low 12's. They were very happy to run me the year before when I was in the mid 13's. And I did meet with them in New jersey (as did Marty, and fat bastid) to race them. But when they found out I was supercharged, they back pedaled on their promise to include us Marauder owners in one of their tri-state events, and after I clearly specified to them that I will not go to Maryland nor to GA to race them, that's when their story changed and they insisted that we go to GA to race them all of a sudden. So count me out. I thought they were great sportsmen, but I no longer believe that. They're only bent on trying to prove that Chevy's are somehow better than Fords. So much so, that they will try to tip the odds in their favor, and that kinda highschool stuff isn't for me. I haven't any loyalty to any car manufacture. They all make junk, and once in awhile, they come up with a decent car.

Last edited:

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
BillyGman said:
TMAC has a tendency to say things just to push buttons and get reactions from people.

Say it ain't so Billy!

If that is true it is also true you do the same thing, so don't squirm very much about this racing stuff or you might fall off your high horse.

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
MarauderTJA said:
WOW, two 6 + footers. What a challenge! I don't know Tim, Chuck has some really long legs to pack away a lot of beer...I think he may have you beat here :beer: Beer to beer intercooler or beer to air intercooler...Man...We could start some serious sh--t here..

I know Chuck is tough competition, a worthy beer guzzling adversary. Next time I'm over there staying at my parents house it's on!

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
Tom I will race you if the following conditions are strictly met:

1. Our spare tires weigh exactly the same.
2. All the planets in the solor system are correctly alligned.
3. If my horoscope tells me that day is a good day.
4. We both have the same amount of tread on our race tires.
5. You drop 2 pounds of boost or fatten yourself up 40 pounds.
6. My car is blessed by a local priest (Navchap will do).

Last but not least,

6. My mother gives me permission.

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
SouLRioT said:
Is this going to take place at the Pic-Nic??? :pop:

BTW most of you know me from mm.net, if you dont, oh well.

Bill, I'll race you to the picnic.

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
tmac1337 said:
Tom I will race you if the following conditions are strictly met:

1. Our spare tires weigh exactly the same.
2. All the planets in the solor system are correctly alligned.
3. If my horoscope tells me that day is a good day.
4. We both have the same amount of tread on our race tires.
5. You drop 2 pounds of boost or fatten yourself up 40 pounds.
6. My car is blessed by a local priest (Navchap will do).

Last but not least,

6. My mother gives me permission.
And this is exactly the typical garbage from TMAC that I was talking about. Now all of you see why I didn't take his thread about any procharger challenge seriously. And now it's time for me to put TMAC on another "ignore" list just as I had him on the Marauder board "ignore" list before he was banned......... Kids..... :nonono:

maraudernkc

Procharger Kit #0
Established Member
Billy, I wiil have to agree with you on this subject about drag radials. It should be a race with slicks/Drad radials. We will get some for the race.

BillyGman said:
Okay then Greg. I stand corrected on atleast one of my three points. Thanks. I guess I didn't pay attention to that thread since it was TMAC presenting a challenge for someone else's car, so I didn't take that too seriously. especially when TMAC has a tendency to say things just to push buttons and get reactions from people.

But the thing about the drag radials that I was saying still applies. It wouldn't even be fair, nor worth it for me to race my Marauder up against another one that doesn't have drag radials. I know that I'd win, and there would only be excuses for the loser that he didn't have drag radials, and that he couldn't hook up like I was able to. It just wouldn't make for an interesting contest if one Marauder has good rubber, and one doesn't. It's different if the track in question is real lousy, and nobody is hooking good. That would be beyond the driver's control. But lack of good tires is another story.

SouLRioT

Dragula
Established Member
Thanks for the warm welcome, I've been checking in on this site for over a year now, but it wasnt as active as it has been lately.

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
maraudernkc said:
Billy, I wiil have to agree with you on this subject about drag radials. It should be a race with slicks/Drad radials. We will get some for the race.
That would be fine. But I want Tom and I to be clear on something here if I'm going to drive 3.5 hours each way just to race the man. This is one supercharger CUSTOMER racing against another supercharger CUSTOMER, and nothing more. I don't get sponsored in any way shape or form by Trilogy Motorsports to race anyone. This would be one board member to another, and that's it. I want Tom to have drag radials, because if he doesn't, it won't be fair to him, and will make for a very uneven competition. One that wouldn't be worth either one of us driving hours just to enter in.

I'm simply a another Trilogy customer, and nothing more. the only thing that I've ever received from Trilogy Motorsports other than the supercharger kit that I payed full price for, is a lousy leather jacket for destoying two sets of tires to shoot a burnout video that I entered in their contest. It's a great company, with a great owner/CEO, but I've never even met their owner, nor anyone of their 90 employees. I've merely spoken with a few of them on the telephone a few times. I just want to maike that perfectly clear in an attempt to prevent this from becoming something other than an amatuer contest w/out sponsors. If my car were to break down at the track, it will come out of my pocket just like it would for most other amatuer racers.

My prediction for this race is that my car will jump out ahead due to having more low-end torque and slightly taller gears, with Tom's car catching up somewhere during the last half of the race due to his 12 PSI of boost to my 9.5 PSI. And because oif those two factors, it will be too close to call, with an outcome that can go either way. However, I expect TOM to run on 93 octane pump gas just like I always do both on the street and the track. I don't have any dual position chip which includes a race gas tune. I run on the track just as my car is on the street. And you can ask John (aka "Jet" on the Marauder board) about that since he met with me at the track and raced me. If anyone has any knowledge of Tom being anything but a procharger customer who is NOT sponsored to be any type of racing nor walking advertisement for any vendor, then speak up, because I want to know about it. As far as I'm concerned, I wouldn't want anything to do with a spnsored race between one vendor, and the other. that's for the pros. This is just a hobby to me, and one that I have to finance on my own (which BTW is why you won't see me driving cross country to enter in races).

Last edited:

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
I know Both Billy and Tom. Two great guys who I'm sure will become fast friends. [Pun intended.]

Billy-Tom is a stand-up guy and a straight shooter, just like you are.

Tom-when you meet Billy, you'll find out why he and I are such good friends.

Billy-I'm happy to take that "lousy leather jacket" off your hands the next time I'm in Connecticut. :-D

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
tallboy said:
Billy-I'm happy to take that "lousy leather jacket" off your hands the next time I'm in Connecticut. :-D
Now let's not get panicky. :-D

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
BillyGman said:
And this is exactly the typical garbage from TMAC that I was talking about. Now all of you see why I didn't take his thread about any procharger challenge seriously. And now it's time for me to put TMAC on another "ignore" list just as I had him on the Marauder board "ignore" list before he was banned......... Kids..... :nonono:

Nice "Holier than Thou" rap. Please, put me on your ignore list. Just tells me that you can dish it out but cannot take it yourself.

And I would have thought you had more balls than that......... :nonono:

MarauderTJA

# 2 Procharger Marauder
Established Member
BillyGman said:
That would be fine. But I want Tom and I to be clear on something here if I'm going to drive 3.5 hours each way just to race the man. This is one supercharger CUSTOMER racing against another supercharger CUSTOMER, and nothing more. I don't get sponsored in any way shape or form by Trilogy Motorsports to race anyone. This would be one board member to another, and that's it. I want Tom to have drag radials, because if he doesn't, it won't be fair to him, and will make for a very uneven competition. One that wouldn't be worth either one of us driving hours just to enter in.

I'm simply a another Trilogy customer, and nothing more. the only thing that I've ever received from Trilogy Motorsports other than the supercharger kit that I payed full price for, is a lousy leather jacket for destoying two sets of tires to shoot a burnout video that I entered in their contest. It's a great company, with a great owner/CEO, but I've never even met their owner, nor anyone of their 90 employees. I've merely spoken with a few of them on the telephone a few times. I just want to maike that perfectly clear in an attempt to prevent this from becoming something other than an amatuer contest w/out sponsors. If my car were to break down at the track, it will come out of my pocket just like it would for most other amatuer racers.

My prediction for this race is that my car will jump out ahead due to having more low-end torque and slightly taller gears, with Tom's car catching up somewhere during the last half of the race due to his 12 PSI of boost to my 9.5 PSI. And because oif those two factors, it will be too close to call, with an outcome that can go either way. However, I expect TOM to run on 93 octane pump gas just like I always do both on the street and the track. I don't have any dual position chip which includes a race gas tune. I run on the track just as my car is on the street. And you can ask John (aka "Jet" on the Marauder board) about that since he met with me at the track and raced me. If anyone has any knowledge of Tom being anything but a procharger customer who is NOT sponsored to be any type of racing nor walking advertisement for any vendor, then speak up, because I want to know about it. As far as I'm concerned, I wouldn't want anything to do with a spnsored race between one vendor, and the other. that's for the pros. This is just a hobby to me, and one that I have to finance on my own (which BTW is why you won't see me driving cross country to enter in races).

Billy, my car is a daily driver as well as a long haul highway crusier once or twice a year. No one is sponsoring me I can assure you. If I break anything I don't have a 3.5 hour drive, I have more that 1000 miles to worry about to get home. I would be renting a car or flying home as well as having to get the car repaired, which would really suck. With the power my car is putting out I also wouldn't even think of racing you or anyone else for that fact without drag radials or slicks. No sense in it. BTW, we could also race at New England Dragway if that is closer for you. I have to arrange getting some drag tires for my car as well as a mutual time frame to arrange our race. Hopefully both of these can be arranged. Oh yeah, I only run 93 octane in my car and will be the tune I drive up north with in my car. Nothing sneaky or hidden.

TOM, Cape Coral, Florida

Last edited:

MarauderTJA

# 2 Procharger Marauder
Established Member
tallboy said:
I know Both Billy and Tom. Two great guys who I'm sure will become fast friends. [Pun intended.]

Billy-Tom is a stand-up guy and a straight shooter, just like you are.

Tom-when you meet Billy, you'll find out why he and I are such good friends.

Chuck, I have no reason to doubt you. You too are a straight shooter and a stand-up guy, even though you won't taske your car to Orlando on Saturday :shrug: I am lookng foward to the meeting and hopefully the race.

BTW, I am here stuck at DFW Airport on my laptop with my flight home delayed until 8:30 Pm. Won't get home until mid-night. Made my wife happy :lol:

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
MarauderTJA said:
Billy, my car is a daily driver as well as a long haul highway crusier once or twice a year. No one is sponsoring me I can assure you. If I break anything I don't have a 3.5 hour drive, I have more that 1000 miles to worry about to get home. I would be renting a car or flying home as well as having to get the car repaired, which would really suck. With the power my car is putting out I also wouldn't even think of racing you or anyone else for that fact without drag radials or slicks. No sense in it. BTW, we could also race at New England Dragway if that is closer for you. I have to arrange getting some drag tires for my car as well as a mutual time frame to arrange our race. Hopefully both of these can be arranged. Oh yeah, I only run 93 octane in my car and will be the tune I drive up north with in my car. Nothing sneaky or hidden.

TOM, Cape Coral, Florida
Tommy,it sounds to me that you and I are on the same page about this. That sounds good. Quite frankly, I'm a bit surprised that you would want to drive all that distance just to hangout with me and race against me, but that's just me looking at this through my own glasses (not that I wear glasses :-D ). I definately wouldn't drive all that way just to race against another Marauder owner, but maybe you're just a whole lot more enthusiastic about racing than I am, and I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on that. So if you're willing to drive all that way and back to meet with me at the track to race against me, then I'll be willing to be there.

I'd prefer ATTCO, New Jersey. I like it there. There's usually a whole lot less ricers racing there, than there are at many other tracks (atleast the times I've been there, that's how it was). If you end up getting Nitto drag radial tires like I run on my car, I can tell you what tire pressures work best for me, which I'm sure will work well for you too. If you get slicks, well then, you're on your own. Personally, I don't like the idea of using slicks on my car. Many of the Impala SS guys say that their drivetrains were fine until they ran slicks at the track. They just grab so abruptly that all the shock goes immediately into the drivetrain, and has much more of a tendency to break axles, ring & pinion gears, and especially U-joints. But that's your choice.

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
MarauderTJA said:
Chuck, I have no reason to doubt you. You too are a straight shooter and a stand-up guy, even though you won't taske your car to Orlando on Saturday :shrug:

I'm gonna kill carfixer. I'm just gonna kill him. :-D

The reasons I will not be taking my car to Orlando for the weekend are as follows:

1. My car is a garage queen. Not a daily driver. I would not be able to sleep at night with my car outside, or enjoy my day if it was parked at Sea World's public parking lot.

2. I will be having more than a few drinks this weekend [Jungle Jim's, here I come!]. I am weak of will and after a few cold ones, my right foot doubles in size and weight.

3. My wife will have to drive while I'm knocking back the "Twilight Zones" at Jungle Jim's. She is not allowed to drive my car. Period. End of sentence. Besides, we have four cars and I asked her which one she would be most comfortable driving. She said, and I quote-"mine."

Carfixer-lock your doors...

Users who are viewing this thread