procharger big red race bypass valve setups...

Max97COBRAtkd

Established Member
The above pic by V8volvo is exactly how I have mine. I think it's an awesome mod and well worth it... reminds me of my old turbo car, except louder, lol.

MDK210

F150 Rep
Established Member
just got off the phone with Procharger, tech said the stock bypass and Bosch I was referring to are different beast. Bosch was shipped with their import kits and is plastic but the stock kit in ours is black aluminum by Proflow. He said at about 450-500rwhp would be a good time to starting thinking about a second stocker or one of the race even though this article says completely different http://www.musclemustangfastfords.c...d1sc_supercharger/cogs_and_bypass_valves.html. I asked about the flange and he said it's basically there just to mount it and any exhaust shop could do it. Said it should be mounted on the intercooler tubing. I'm going to get under in it this weekend to see where everything is. Does everything sound about accurate?

Last edited:

Maynor

Established Member
just got off the phone with Procharger, tech said the stock bypass and Bosch I was referring to are different beast. Bosch was shipped with their import kits and is plastic but the stock kit in ours is black aluminum by Proflow. He said at about 450-500rwhp would be a good time to starting thinking about a second stocker or one of the race even though this article says completely different Procharger D-1SC Supercharger - Cogs and Bypass Valves - Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords. I asked about the flange and he said it's basically there just to mount it and any exhaust shop could do it. Said it should be mounted on the intercooler tubing. I'm going to get under in it this weekend to see where everything is. Does everything sound about accurate?

If noise is a concern and you're not open tracking or making mondo power, I'd keep the existing proflow valve you have. Add a second one after the intercooler. The two in combination will probably vent enough pressure not to worry about the red race version.

I don't know what MAF setup you're running but unless its a blow through design, you'll need to figure out how to plumb the 2nd valve's discharge into the intake side of the supercharger. Not a big deal but a little planning is necessary.

The big red race bypass isn't inexpensive and you will need to get an exhaust shop to weld on the bigger flange. Not hard but it adds additional cost. However, you're done after that. No more worries about not enough bypass down the road.

I've got mine mounted exactly like v8volvo but I'm running the recirculating model vented to atmosphere since I have a blow through setup and am too lazy to plumb the discharge to the intake side of the supercharger. I don't mind the sound but the damn dust it kicks up under the car means its impossible to keep it clean...

John

MDK210

F150 Rep
Established Member
Mine is like V8volvo's too. It's a recirculated setup but it vents into the atmosphere blowing up dust and shit everywhere. Other than the flange it should be a easy swap...

MDK210

F150 Rep
Established Member
i just read a thread of a guy on another mustang forum who had the stock pro flow valve and replaced it. He held up the bottom end and the butterfly valve wasn't even flush thus leaking air. Anybody notice in gains in boost after the race valve install? I'm installing it next Monday and will record the Air/fuel, PSI now with the proflow then after the install. Here is the link with the photo!
[ame=http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112180]Best price for Procharger Race valve - ModularFords.com[/ame]

MDK210

F150 Rep
Established Member
Is that the only way?

yes. Because you MAF is on the intake tubing it's relying on all that air it accounted for initial, if it doesn't get the air you're going to run like crap.

PS
I've been hearing that HKS makes of BOV for this possibly but I have no other info on it.

Last edited:

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
my old procharged set up with racevalve
[ame=http://s146.photobucket.com/albums/r273/no_slow_svt/?action=view&current=first_pass.flv]
th_first_pass.jpg
[/ame]

[ame=http://s146.photobucket.com/albums/r273/no_slow_svt/?action=view&current=101_0672.flv]
th_101_0672.jpg
[/ame]

Last edited:

Steedafied

Established Member
needs a vacuum line. Valve won't work without it, you'll just have a BOV welded to the piping if you don't :rolling:

I see. I assume when you buy the valve new it comes with the fitting and vac line right? Also, where's the best place to tee it into? I was thinking the driver side fuel rail vacuum lines, but i'll already have my boost gauge teed into that, will having two things teed into that line negatively affect anything?

Users who are viewing this thread