procharger big red race bypass valve setups...

2V99GT

SVT God
Established Member
could any of you all that are running the procharger big red race BPV (vented or enclosed) post pictures of your setup? just looking to get some ideas.

thanks

2V99GT

SVT God
Established Member
i'm basically looking for the best location to put it... thanks.

img5595r.jpg

03GTGreen

Established Member
From what ive seen everyone has mounted it on the blower side goin into the intercooler, where the original bypass routes to. Although, I wouldnt get the (open) only one, get the dual one that you can either open or close

2V99GT

SVT God
Established Member
From what ive seen everyone has mounted it on the blower side goin into the intercooler, where the original bypass routes to. Although, I wouldnt get the (open) only one, get the dual one that you can either open or close
just curious what your reasoning is behind this?

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
just curious what your reasoning is behind this?

It's LOUD! I have the enclosed one, but am running it open. It's not AS bad, but eventually I'll run a tube to the blower inlet to quiet it down substantially. The picture you posted is exactly where mine is located.

GTCobraClone

Established Member
I have a procharger but was told by the previous owner that I could not put a blow-off valve because the MAF was on the in side instead of out. Its right after the filter

NoRdO

Established Member
Yea. You have a draw through MAF setup. You would need to run a recirculation valve or convert to a blow through setup.

firstsvt

workin those 28's
Established Member
The open bypass is unbelievably loud!! Just consider that when choosing.

My car sounds like a combination of a chainsaw & a jet engine, lol. But I love it.

Helomech74

Established Member
I have the open only Big Red Race valve mounted on the blower discharge tube. It's loud, but not too bad. It sounds like a street sweeper when idling along. I love the sounds.

01greycobra

Built and Blown!
Established Member
It's LOUD! I have the enclosed one, but am running it open. It's not AS bad, but eventually I'll run a tube to the blower inlet to quiet it down substantially. The picture you posted is exactly where mine is located.

That pic is from my car. And yes, it is LOUD. I wish it was quieter but I would never resort to recirculating that air back into the system. The sound was great at first, but it got real old real fast lol

SpittingCobra

Established Member
The bypass is better to listen to than the stupid backlass racket from the gears. That just sounds cheap to me. That's one of the reasons I took the bypass tube off of mine.

Users who are viewing this thread