procharger big red race bypass valve setups...

sideways03

LS What?
Established Member
Is there a reason that everyone mounts the race BPV straight to the piping and not to a hose like the standard one? Is it just because the race BPV does not have the ability to be mounted to a hose like the standard?

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
Is there a reason that everyone mounts the race BPV straight to the piping and not to a hose like the standard one? Is it just because the race BPV does not have the ability to be mounted to a hose like the standard?

Correct.

firstsvt

workin those 28's
Established Member
you let me down bro i want moar video of your car

[ame="http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e234/jmstarck/?action=view&current=jasonsflyby.flv"]jasonsflyby.flv video by jmstarck - Photobucket[/ame]

uploading better vid now.....

Last edited:

MDK210

F150 Rep
Established Member
I'm looking into the race series enclosed. Supposedly my BPV is located near the fender and might look like the one in the photo but I could have swore when I opened the hood and looked down over the radiator I could see the Bosch BPV that's stock. I called ATI and they said most people locate it in that area, thing was I never told him where it might be but I'm going to take it apart next weekend and see where the hell this thing is. All I know is it's loud and blow's all kinds of crap around when I pull into places with debris.

MDK210

F150 Rep
Established Member
dont do it like this!
2000MustangGT102.jpg

Why?

Max97COBRAtkd

Established Member
forgive me but what's backwash? I have a feeling mine might be setup like this but I'll have to check next weekend.

The hot air coming directly out of the blower is being sucked in by the filter when it is placed there, not the best idea.

As a side note, I just made a maiden voyage after installing it and OH MY GOD!!! I'm in love! It was the open race bpv.

2V99GT

SVT God
Established Member
The hot air coming directly out of the blower is being sucked in by the filter when it is placed there, not the best idea.

As a side note, I just made a maiden voyage after installing it and OH MY GOD!!! I'm in love! It was the open race bpv.
could you snap a picture or two? is it in the same location as the first picture in this thread?

Max97COBRAtkd

Established Member
could you snap a picture or two? is it in the same location as the first picture in this thread?

no problem man, I'll try to get some after I get back from Modular Depot tomorrow, probably some video too. Just getting a tune for the 15lb. pulley :rockon:

Maynor

Established Member
Mine is setup the same way as the picture shown in post 3. Obviously, you have to run a blow-through MAF setup to make this work.

I put it here to save the belt. The closer to the blower (and pre-intercooler), the less likely the supercharger will stall causing the pulley to skid or mis-align on the belt when the throttle blades snap shut.

And yeah, its loud. I have the recirculating version (running vented direct to atmosphere) but its a ball when your overtaking cars during open track events. They always come up to you in the pits talking about how they heard that "jet" coming up behind them before they give the point-by. :)

You can put a filter on it to quiet it down. Especially the whistle, but it does affect the blow volume the valve can vent.

Last edited:

Stopsign32v

Established Member
i love loud, but if it's too loud i may switch. i doubt it though.

No its ****ing LOUD. When he says its loud that doesn't mean its above average alot loud. He means its stupid cant hear your exhaust over it loud. Pop the hood and blip the throttle with your hand at the throttle body and it hurts your ears.

I'm talking about the open version.

I've got mine in the stock BPV location.

Last edited by a moderator:

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
No its ****ing LOUD. When he says its loud that doesn't mean its above average alot loud. He means its stupid cant hear your exhaust over it loud. Pop the hood and blip the throttle with your hand at the throttle body and it hurts your ears.

I'm talking about the open version.

I've got mine in the stock BPV location.

+1, Couldn't had said it better myself. I had mine on(open version) for 30 minutes before i took it off and sold it. For high hp cars that actually need it i could see. But way to much and pointless for just a weekend cruiser IMO.

MDK210

F150 Rep
Established Member
Mine is setup the same way as the picture shown in post 3. And yeah, its loud. I have the recirculating version (running vented direct to atmosphere) but its a ball when your overtaking cars during open track events. They always come up to you in the pits talking about how they heard that "jet" coming up behind them before they give the point-by. :)

Found out from the previous owner mine was setup this way too. Bosch is by the intercooler and it vents into the atmosphere yet it's the recirculating setup. I talked to Procharger and they said with the power I have I'm borderline with the stock bypass. They recommended a additional Bosch or the race one. Question is which version of the race one do I need (close or open) and do I need to to use any of the stuff that comes with it or is it i just a swap from Bosch to race which should take about 5 minutes I would imagine?

v8volvo

Face Smasher
Established Member
Here is where I mounted mine; right where the stock bypass was

IMG_1142Large.jpg

And just like every says, it's LOUD. Driving down the street, coupled with my loud exhaust, people always turn and stare.

Small video that really doesnt do it justice

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3FVgIWh_yU"]YouTube - Procharger 'Big Red' race valve[/ame]

Users who are viewing this thread