problems with coil #8 check engine light

scotmach

Established Member
The Steeda CAI requires a tune so I guess we can assume it has been tuned. Or has it? There's a chance someone put this CAI on and didn't tune it. Not a great chance but still a chance. I think at this point I would use the GPS and go visit the former owner. Just to give you some more pieces to the puzzle.

murse

Established Member
Premium Member
I agree with scotmach, go ring the doorbell. also when you say exhaust, what exactly??? does it have cats??? or an O/R pipe??? that would tell you if it was tuned (or the anti-fouler spacers)

either way good luck. :beer:

Dlic

Established Member
Yeah kind of weird to pull in the guys driveway with his old car. It just has axle backs. Maybe he didn't think it needed a tune. Damn compression tester better get here soon.

5.0jake

Established Member
Yeah kind of weird to pull in the guys driveway with his old car. It just has axle backs. Maybe he didn't think it needed a tune. Damn compression tester better get here soon.

I think a phone call would be sufficient.

4VFTW

Established Member
I don't buy junk smartass.

Ironic coming from a guy who bought a Mustang with what looks like a blown motor. and as for compression testers , I have the one I bought from Discount auto 20yrs ago and it works flawlessly...cost me about $25...total piece of garbage:rolleyes:

pickles

Established Member
The Steeda CAI requires a tune so I guess we can assume it has been tuned. Or has it? There's a chance someone put this CAI on and didn't tune it. Not a great chance but still a chance. I think at this point I would use the GPS and go visit the former owner. Just to give you some more pieces to the puzzle.

My car wouldn't even idle with the steeda cai and stock tune, so I'm gonna say its likely tuned

Dlic

Established Member
(4vftw)maybe you should read before you make smart ass comments. This happened while I was doing a autocross!!! And just FYI. I work 70 hours a week. I don't have time to go get a tester so I ordered one through a friend with snap on. Sorry it upset you that I didn't do the test yet. But feel free to come look at it if your that concerned.

Dlic

Established Member
Pickles thanks that defiantly helps to know if it's really tuned.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
My car wouldn't even idle with the steeda cai and stock tune, so I'm gonna say its likely tuned

Not true. Started my car with stock tube with jlt intake, long tubes and no cats. Did the same with the old Paxton setup I had. It wasn't pretty but it did hold a idle. But if it wasn't tuned that car would run like shit. Maf would be way off.

Dlic

Established Member
Not true. Started my car with stock tube with jlt intake, long tubes and no cats. Did the same with the old Paxton setup I had. It wasn't pretty but it did hold a idle. But if it wasn't tuned that car would run like shit. Maf would be way off.

Car runs perfect. Still even with this issue of engine light on.

Jebadias

Established Member
Do a search for the guy's email. I got an email in 2003 about a Charger I owned in '97 and was happy to answer questions. Not a big deal to get an email and if he responds then you will know.

Users who are viewing this thread