problems with coil #8 check engine light

4VFTW

Established Member
Not sure who tuned it. I just got the car this way.
UPDATE: pulled the plug. Has oil on the threads and burnt oil on the tip something is going on. Just not sure what. Swapped coils 7 to 8. Doubt that's the problem.

no bueno

you just bought the car? like how recently and from who?

Last edited:

Dlic

Established Member
Just bought the car from manheim auto auction. Was owned by Fred beans ford west Chester pa. Has factory warranty but I assume I'm screwed. I just don't understand how it runs so smooth with this problem. I'll be doing a compression test ASAP. God damn iphone needs a compression test app!!

Last edited:

Dlic

Established Member
After this is fixed what's my next move to keep this from happening again??

Dlic

Established Member
How do I flash it back to stock without having the original tuner?

I don't know how to post pictures here. And yes I bought it at a car auction. Mannheim pennsylvania. It's the largest auto auction around

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
How do I flash it back to stock without having the original tuner?

I don't know how to post pictures here. And yes I bought it at a car auction. Mannheim pennsylvania. It's the largest auto auction around

damn, you need to find someone willing to flash it back to the ford oem tune. on the down low. Probably why this was at the auction. Do you know anyone at a ford dealer? Also need to find the oem air box and intake

Last edited:

5.0jake

Established Member
nope. im not getting in trouble. that is fraud. not worth losing a job for. should have done more research before bidding on the car.

I thought the dealer could tell if the car was flashed regardless of whether it was flashed back to stock or not?

mantis118

Established Member
I thought the dealer could tell if the car was flashed regardless of whether it was flashed back to stock or not?

They go by key cycles. If the ecm shows 20 cycles of the key but car has 30k miles on it, that would tell them it was recently flashed.

5.0jake

Established Member
They go by key cycles. If the ecm shows 20 cycles of the key but car has 30k miles on it, that would tell them it was recently flashed.

Right, I have heard that before. There wouldn't be any point in flashing back to stock then if that were the case...

theACE

Established Member
Can you not just turn the thing on and off a $hit load of times then? Like 400 times?

Dlic

Established Member
No compression test yet. I should be getting it soon had to order a tester.

Dlic

Established Member
Sounds like no matter what I do to put it back to stock if... There is a issue I'm screwed either way. If I wanted it fixed under warranty. After all these hoops like I said I'm better off building a new short block piston and rod kit.

Users who are viewing this thread