Powder Coated My Stock Wheels Black

kyl

Peanutbutter & Jealous
Established Member
I will get some better pics tomorrow but these will have to do for today.
Just finished up this week long project, and I topped it all off with a new pair of MT 305/35/18 ET's

untitled-1.jpg

rdsnk46

Established Member
I dont think its for me but as long as your happy with the final product! Maybe take some long angle shots of the car(Further away) as to see the whole car from a distance! Also try to put the car in direct sunlight!

chuckstang

Established Member
Looks awsome

I have wanted to do this, did you do this yourself? What was your process and what products did you use and how much?

Please pm me the details if you dont mind

thanks

que4dog

Established Member
...Maybe take some long angle shots of the car(Further away) as to see the whole car from a distance! Also try to put the car in direct sunlight!

+1. Also, clean the tires and wheels and shine the tires. That should give you the look you envisioned. Then you will need to tint the windows to really set your car off.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
+1. Also, clean the tires and wheels and shine the tires. That should give you the look you envisioned. Then you will need to tint the windows to really set your car off.

+2

kyl

Peanutbutter & Jealous
Established Member
Looks awsome

I have wanted to do this, did you do this yourself? What was your process and what products did you use and how much?

Please pm me the details if you dont mind

thanks

The process is pretty easy and on the cheap side. I jacked up my car put it on jack stands took the wheels off and brought them to a local discount tire. They took the tires off for me and removed the TPMS sensors. I then had the wheels powder coated, $37.50 a wheel. Then had the TPMS sensors reinstalled and the new tires mounted and balanced. All-in-all it cost me $150 for the powder coating and about $150 for the mounting, balancing, new hose clamp style TPMS sensor mounts.I got the tires for $530ish.

kyl

Peanutbutter & Jealous
Established Member
I dont think its for me but as long as your happy with the final product! Maybe take some long angle shots of the car(Further away) as to see the whole car from a distance! Also try to put the car in direct sunlight!

These were just a few quick hi res shots. I'll take some good shots of it this weekend. No glare or in the shade shots.

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
you got those m/t on the stock 9.5 inch rim correct how do they fit? do they bulge a lot i got some 295 bfgs on my 18x9.5 rims and they bulge since bfgs run really wide

kyl

Peanutbutter & Jealous
Established Member
you got those m/t on the stock 9.5 inch rim correct how do they fit? do they bulge a lot i got some 295 bfgs on my 18x9.5 rims and they bulge since bfgs run really wide

With the 35 sidewall its a little tight but I think they fit perfect. I have no wories at all. I saw some pics of other members who put them on before I took the plunge, I'm actually shocked they fit as well as they do.

Stripe Delete

Crazy SVT Poser
Established Member

Ill back him on that.They fit perfect and look and hook great to boot. :banana:
100_3641.jpg

I wasted alot of time worrying about the rim being too narrow and waiting for a wider stock looking rim to come out. Def dont buldge like the BFGs stuffed on a too smalla rim.

Users who are viewing this thread