Potential lead on new Shelby's (including a Superman model)

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Have you noticed that the majority of the cars for sale by dealers are heavily optioned and many are black? In my case I want a white / stripe delete GT500 with the SVTPP option and nothing more. I may not have to pay more that MSRP for one of the available cars, but I will have to pay $5000 - $7000 more for unwanted and very expensive options plus my chances of getting the color combination I want is very slim.

So I am left with a car that is the wrong color, and has more that one option I don't want and still have to pay more. If these cars were not limited production, I would not have to consider this option and I would be able to go to any Ford dealer and either buy it off the lot or order it and be assured that my order would be built. That is not the case.

If I am going to spend $60,000 plus tax and license for a Mustang, I will get exactly what I want or walk.

The profit is higher on a fully loaded car- that's why they order them that way.

Is what it is- ill take my two option car thank you :)

carguy19

Established Member
The profit is higher on a fully loaded car- that's why they order them that way.

Is what it is- ill take my two option car thank you :)

I got spoiled by all the bullshit working with all these european cars. LOL

I got all but the glass roof.

I thought for sure the cars would have been more available now, its actually getting tighter now.

reason4treason

Established Member
Have you noticed that the majority of the cars for sale by dealers are heavily optioned and many are black? In my case I want a white / stripe delete GT500 with the SVTPP option and nothing more. I may not have to pay more that MSRP for one of the available cars, but I will have to pay $5000 - $7000 more for unwanted and very expensive options plus my chances of getting the color combination I want is very slim.

So I am left with a car that is the wrong color, and has more that one option I don't want and still have to pay more. If these cars were not limited production, I would not have to consider this option and I would be able to go to any Ford dealer and either buy it off the lot or order it and be assured that my order would be built. That is not the case.

If I am going to spend $60,000 plus tax and license for a Mustang, I will get exactly what I want or walk.

last time i looked at the cars.com list was a month ago, but it seemed that there were quite a few white. true, the overwhelming majority were black, and about 85% were heavily optioned. if you got a white/black, the seats aren't effected and the stripe could easily come off. other than that, yep, it's a bit like trying to pick fly shit out of pepper. quite the chore.

i don't think it can be overstated that there really should be a quick, simple way for a customer to find out what dealers still have allocations left. i can't see who could possibly be at a disadvantage by that; quite the opposite. it would seem to help everybody, and Ford/SVT for sure knows how many total allocations they have granted thus far.

finsrin

Established Member
Dealer in Auburn WA has one allocation left.
Say Bill sent you.

finsrin

Established Member
Jennifer in Texas 281-604-3750
Has a high optioned Candy Red on order and customer backed out.
MSRP 66190
Call for details.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Dealer in Auburn WA has one allocation left.
Say Bill sent you.

I used to work at Scarff Ford where Ken works and I remember him. If anyone decides to follow up in that, be careful with them as they are the typical dealership that's out to screw you over. Found out a lot of shady stuff while I worked there as a teen.

Paul1138

Established Member
It is $5k over MSRP at the dealer in WA, I called and checked. Best one so far for me is a dealer in VA that wants $18k over MSRP.

drmustang

Banned
It is $5k over MSRP at the dealer in WA, I called and checked. Best one so far for me is a dealer in VA that wants $18k over MSRP.

$18,000.00 over sticker. These guys are just beautifull aren't they. Is there any wonder why so many people despise car dealers.

Lemers

Established Member
Anyone know of any allocations between Kansas City and Omaha? I've takes to a few dealers so far and the only allocation I found the dealer wants $5k ADM.

Marc

Established Member
Called the dealership again on this lead. Looks like they changed the options to my car. The superman car had not been built yet. I should have 100% clarification if not today, next week for sure. This would mean a August/early Sept build. Crossing my fingers...

Marc

Established Member
^^^ Thanks. Actually worked the coordination between the local dealer here and the dealer in KS where I am buying the car. My dealer here told me that he has made contact with the dealer in KS and working dealer codes, transportation, etc...

So, hopefully, again, next week I will have 100% confirmation.

ugotda7

Established Member
Anyone know of any allocations between Kansas City and Omaha? I've takes to a few dealers so far and the only allocation I found the dealer wants $5k ADM.

I heard that Don Vance Ford in Springfield, MO and Mel Hambleton Ford in Wichita, KS have some coming in.

Users who are viewing this thread