Potential lead on new Shelby's (including a Superman model)

RocketRide03

Established Member
Marc,
How do you coordinate between your UT and the KS dealer? Can your home dealer just transfer car, and then you purchase from them? Or do you go buy from the KS dealer doing electronic money transfer and fax to buy it? I have never done any out of state purchases, but looks like that might be the only way to go to get one of these cars.

Thank you

Last edited:

farmboy90

Established Member
I am in AZ and ordered from a dealer in Iowa. Bought my Boss from another state too. It is fairly simple. You just ask the selling dealer to do a "Courtesy Delivery". All this really means is that they update your order to include the destination dealer's information. Your car is built and shipped to the destination dealer. You pay, and do all the paperwork, with the selling out-of-state dealer. They never see the car. Ford drop ships it from the factory to the local dealer.

Sometimes you will find that selling dealers do not want to do a courtesy delivery. There is some risk for them in doing this. The car could get built and shipped, and then you back out on the deal. They are now stuck paying to have the car shipped back to them. You might be able to alleviate their concerns by leaving a non-refundable deposit with them.

There are also problems finding local dealers who will accept a Courtesy Delivery. If you do, they very typically charge for this "Service". It is usually $300-$500. This is much cheaper than plane tickets and gas though, so it is a viable option if you can find a local dealer to do this.

maverikb

Established Member
Id send you a PM but am unable too (too new of an account?).

My dealer screwed me (see post). so am looking to place ANOTHER order with an honest dealer.

drmustang

Banned
Hey guys,

I might be able to help those of you still looking for a car. It seems like it is becoming harder and harder to find dealers with allocation. Looks like the limit this year will be about 3,725 cars, so they are obviously limited and rare. As I have said before, "get them while you can".

I know of a dealer who has a superman model arriving. I know a couple of you were looking for this combo (DIB with Red stripes). I believe it has all options but the glass roof. I am checking to see if there is an ADM on this car. This car is built and ready to go.

I also think I can put you in touch with a dealer with unused allocation. I suspect this would be a 4th quarter build (since Ford is halfway through 3rd quarter right now).

Please PM me with your details if you are interested in either. This will be first come first serve. And please be serious in your intent to buy. I see lots of members on this forum trying to help others out, so please be considerate of that and only ping me if you are interested.

Oh, and I know of a dealer who has two Boss allocations. One for the base and one for the LS. If you want a Boss, I can help you there too. This is 4th quarter allocation though.

UPDATE: I found out the base boss has an ADM of $1000 and the LS has an ADM of $1500.

That is the first any of us have heard about "limits", at least from a credible source. A "limit" of 3,725 cars? Where did that number come from, out of a car salesman's ass? "Limited and Rare" you say, who are you? That would be a huge chage from everyone of the previous years. GT500s have been built by the tens of thousands at this point and have NEVER been rare or limited. Is anyone at this point dumb enough to believe that Ford would purposely curtail production to a volume less that what could be expected to clear the market? Do you think Ford is in the business of providing enthusiasts with hd to find, collectabe items.

Your post is packed with hype and BS my friend. It sounds as if you have something to gain by convincing othrs here that any of the nonsense in your post is true. Anyone with a modicum of common sense knows that there will not be a shortage of Mustangs that cost over 60 grand and in some cases in excess of 70 grand.

drmustang

Banned
Here we go again

Thats for sure!

I post something that you don't like and you feel the need to exert your control and come after me. Gotta be te 50th time you have done this. Give it a break Pal. You should attempt to become more tolerant of opinions that differ from yours.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I'm not saying anything other than farm boy is right in his numbers (you watch come November i'll be right, again) Maybe you should do some fact checking before posting- as it's not that I don't like what you post- its just usually incorrect lol

Last edited:

farmboy90

Established Member
That is the first any of us have heard about "limits", at least from a credible source. A "limit" of 3,725 cars? Where did that number come from, out of a car salesman's ass? "Limited and Rare" you say, who are you? That would be a huge chage from everyone of the previous years. GT500s have been built by the tens of thousands at this point and have NEVER been rare or limited. Is anyone at this point dumb enough to believe that Ford would purposely curtail production to a volume less that what could be expected to clear the market? Do you think Ford is in the business of providing enthusiasts with hd to find, collectabe items.

Your post is packed with hype and BS my friend. It sounds as if you have something to gain by convincing othrs here that any of the nonsense in your post is true. Anyone with a modicum of common sense knows that there will not be a shortage of Mustangs that cost over 60 grand and in some cases in excess of 70 grand.

Yeah, I can't actually substantiate any claims I've made. I have nothing to do with dealerships, Ford, etc. My guess of 3,700 - 4,000 cars is as good as anyone's I suppose. I can only tell you that Ford has CURRENTLY projected to build that many (at least as of last week). For all I know they may change this as the year goes on. I posted this information here:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...68633-here-update-number-produced-so-far.html

Not sure what else I can say here.

Last edited:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Yeah, I can't actually substantiate any claims I've made. I have nothing to do with dealerships, Ford, etc. My guess of 3,700 - 4,000 cars is as good as anyone's I suppose. I can only tell you that Ford has CURRENTLY projected to build that many (at least as of last week). For all I know they may change this as the year goes on. I posted this information here:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...68633-here-update-number-produced-so-far.html

Not sure what else I can say here.

It's ok man- Drmustang is just a hater. :)

drmustang

Banned
It's ok man- Drmustang is just a hater. :)

Wrong again Chris, I abslolutely love this stuff. It is in fact you with the issues. You just can't seem to accept the fact that there are perspectives on these matters that are different than yours. A person who does not share your thoughts is neither a "hater" or wrong. You just don't seem to be capable of embracing this simple concept. Its OK, I accept and respect your right to have your own personal opinions here while you are totally intolerant of mine. Enjoy

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
You dont give opinions. You bash. And you call other people out. And you do it wrongfully. Like you always have. There is a big difference between giving an opinion and just being blatantly wrong.

You don't know anything about the availability of this car- so don't give your what you call an "opinion" on it. Why don't you do some research and bring some facts to the table for once?

At risk of letting you ruin another thread- ill stop here. Hopefully someone else picks up on your BS and sets you straight.

h34d

Back In The Saddle
Established Member
Thats for sure!

I post something that you don't like and you feel the need to exert your control and come after me. Gotta be te 50th time you have done this. Give it a break Pal. You should attempt to become more tolerant of opinions that differ from yours.

So you start "bashing" Chris for "bashing" you because you "bashed" farmboy. Perhaps being more tactful in your disagreements would lead to a more civilized conversation.

I know, crazy right...?

Snoopy49

Established Member
It would be interesting to see how much impact the CAFE Standards had on Fords decision to limit the production on these cars.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
It would be interesting to see how much impact the CAFE Standards had on Fords decision to limit the production on these cars.

I originally thought the same- but with those standards not being exceptionally high until we have a new lighter mustang chassis- it might not matter- along with things like 3cylinder Eco boost motors in foci and fiesta- the average will continue to rise for FMC- thus hopefully allowing cool cars like this to continue to be built

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
I believe the CAFE standards have very little to do with the production numbers of the GT500. Overall it gets decent ratings on its own, even if they built 10,000 of them it would have a minuscule effect on the average for Fords entire product line.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I believe the CAFE standards have very little to do with the production numbers of the GT500. Overall it gets decent ratings on its own, even if they built 10,000 of them it would have a minuscule effect on the average for Fords entire product line.

Exactly- cars like the focus and the fusion which get great fuel mileage have most of the effect on it

Snoopy49

Established Member
Here is something else to consider.

California Air Resources Board
...each CARB state will pose a different regulatory challenge for automakers, because consumer appetites vary from state to state, and therefore no two state fleets are alike. Accordingly, the mix of vehicles automakers “deliver for sale” in California differs from what they “deliver for sale” in other states. These differences mean that being in compliance in California, and offering the exact same choice of vehicles nationwide will not guarantee compliance in any other CARB state. Thus, the more states that opt into the CARB regime, the more cumbersome the patchwork would become.

...Generally, CARB’s regime would pressure automakers to “deliver for sale” small vehicles in each CARB state (irrespective of consumer demand) to offset the sale of larger vehicles.

Article is dated 27 January 2009. The situation may be better or worse at this time, I'm betting on worse.

Green Car Congress

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Have you noticed that the majority of the cars for sale by dealers are heavily optioned and many are black? In my case I want a white / stripe delete GT500 with the SVTPP option and nothing more. I may not have to pay more that MSRP for one of the available cars, but I will have to pay $5000 - $7000 more for unwanted and very expensive options plus my chances of getting the color combination I want is very slim.

So I am left with a car that is the wrong color, and has more that one option I don't want and still have to pay more. If these cars were not limited production, I would not have to consider this option and I would be able to go to any Ford dealer and either buy it off the lot or order it and be assured that my order would be built. That is not the case.

If I am going to spend $60,000 plus tax and license for a Mustang, I will get exactly what I want or walk.
I'm ordering white w/ blue stripes and only the SVTPP. I was tempted to order more, but the packages are not cheap. When I bought my wife's M3 sedan, it started at $48K and we optioned it up to $62K. I won't do that again.....

Good luck!

Jeff

speedrx

Established Member
Mac Haik Ford in Houston has a DIB/Red superman coming in around 8/12 that is unclaimed, SVT, Recaro's, Elec, etc. 65K MSRP, not sure if they will negotiate or add ADM.

Users who are viewing this thread