Potential lead on new Shelby's (including a Superman model)

farmboy90

Established Member
I have a potential lead on new Shelby's (including a Superman model)

Hey guys,

I might be able to help those of you still looking for a car. It seems like it is becoming harder and harder to find dealers with allocation. Looks like the limit this year will be about 3,725 cars, so they are obviously limited and rare. As I have said before, "get them while you can".

I know of a dealer who has a superman model arriving. I know a couple of you were looking for this combo (DIB with Red stripes). I believe it has all options but the glass roof. I am checking to see if there is an ADM on this car. This car is built and ready to go.

I also think I can put you in touch with a dealer with unused allocation. I suspect this would be a 4th quarter build (since Ford is halfway through 3rd quarter right now).

Please PM me with your details if you are interested in either. This will be first come first serve. And please be serious in your intent to buy. I see lots of members on this forum trying to help others out, so please be considerate of that and only ping me if you are interested.

Oh, and I know of a dealer who has two Boss allocations. One for the base and one for the LS. If you want a Boss, I can help you there too. This is 4th quarter allocation though.

UPDATE: I found out the base boss has an ADM of $1000 and the LS has an ADM of $1500.

Last edited:

Snoopy49

Established Member
I would love to know if the dealer I ordered my car from, actually had an allocation for it.
Is there any way to verify it? My salesman can't or won't tell me.

farmboy90

Established Member
I would love to know if the dealer I ordered my car from, actually had an allocation for it.
Is there any way to verify it? My salesman can't or won't tell me.

Man that is tough. To be honest, your dealer SHOULD know this. And they shouldn't, in good faith, take an order for which they can't fulfill. The only way to really know would be to ask their Rep. But they won't give you that contact info, so you just need to escalate this and get a GM or someone to confirm they have allocation.

h34d

Back In The Saddle
Established Member
I'm the only "superman" order that I'm aware of and am still waiting on mine. I'm pretty stubborn and want the exact options that I ordered, no more no less. If that means I'm waiting for three more months then that's what I'll do. I still have the 5.0 to occupy my time...

:beer: It is appreciated though, I'm sure you'll help someone.

farmboy90

Established Member
Nope. LOL Just a regular dude trying to help out if I can. I had a huge struggle getting a 2012 Boss and now a 2013 Cobra, and neither would have been possible without help from folks on the various boards.

So just trying to pay it forward if I can.

Last edited:

Snoopy49

Established Member
Man that is tough. To be honest, your dealer SHOULD know this. And they shouldn't, in good faith, take an order for which they can't fulfill.

I agree.
One of the reasons I decided to order the car from my present dealer is because when I approached the nearest dealer, he was up front and said that someone had already gotten his first allocation and he was not sure if he was going to get a second. He said the best thing he could do was either put me on a list and call me if he gets an additional allocation or try to trade with a dealer that already has one on the lot. And then basically told me not to hold my breath. This sure doesn't jive with Fords statement that everyone who can afford and wants a GT500 will get one.

farmboy90

Established Member
This sure doesn't jive with Fords statement that everyone who can afford and wants a GT500 will get one.

Yeah, we really need to stop propagating that story. It just simply isn't true. Ford will NOT build as many as people want.

People on here go crazy over dealers who tell them that these are limited. The dealers are telling the truth though.

Will there be some sitting on lots in a few months? Very, very, likely. That doesn't mean Ford has met demand. It just means the potential buyer either don't know about the ones sitting on the lots, they want one with different options, or they can't agree on price.

Last edited:

Snoopy49

Established Member
From Merriam-Webster On-Line Dictionary

Definition of LIMITED:
Confined within limits : restricted

Synonyms: bounded, circumscribed, defined, definite, determinate, finite, measured, narrow, restricted

Definition of SYNONYM
One of two or more words or expressions of the same language that have the same or nearly the same meaning in some or all senses.

Ryan23

Established Member
You can look at the "limited" status from a couple different points of view. If you are looking for that blue GT500 with red stripes and only a glass roof... That would certainly be a "limited" car. The odds are not in your favor that you will find another one just sitting around a dealer lot. Or in my specific case, I wanted white with black stripes, PP/TP/REC/NAV... not easily located.

However, if you are willing to compromise on colors and options a little, I would hardly call the car limited. As I pointed out in the other "MSRP" thread, a little legwork goes a long way. I compiled a list of 51 cars sitting in lots in my surrounding three states. I found one at MSRP without too much drama. Call me lucky, but it sounds like there are other folks who successfully did their legwork and located cars at MSRP too. Sure, I had to look a little deeper than Ebay and cars.com but patience and research are two traits that I have in spades.

The "online hype" of this car almost precluded me from being a Mustang owner again (been 21 years since my last one). Glad I went out and looked for myself.

Ryan

speednutz

Established Member
Yeah, we really need to stop propagating that story. It just simply isn't true. Ford will NOT build as many as people want.

People on here go crazy over dealers who tell them that these are limited. The dealers are telling the truth though.

Will there be some sitting on lots in a few months? Very, very, likely. That doesn't mean Ford has met demand. It just means the potential buyer either don't know about the ones sitting on the lots, they want one with different options, or they can't agree on price.

It's pretty crazy now.
I know of a guy who went 3 states away from his home state and paid 6 thousand bucks over MSRP to get a 2013........ Pretty Crazy If You Ask Me.

Snoopy49

Established Member
Have you noticed that the majority of the cars for sale by dealers are heavily optioned and many are black? In my case I want a white / stripe delete GT500 with the SVTPP option and nothing more. I may not have to pay more that MSRP for one of the available cars, but I will have to pay $5000 - $7000 more for unwanted and very expensive options plus my chances of getting the color combination I want are very slim.

So I am left with a car that is the wrong color, and has more than one option I don't want and I still have to pay more. If these cars were not limited production, I would not have to consider this option and I would be able to go to any Ford dealer and either buy it off the lot or order it and be assured that my order would be built. That is not the case.

If I am going to spend $60,000 plus tax and license for a Mustang, I will get exactly what I want or walk.

Last edited:

Marc

Established Member
Have you noticed that the majority of the cars for sale by dealers are heavily optioned and many are black? In my case I want a white / stripe delete GT500 with the SVTPP option and nothing more. I may not have to pay more that MSRP for one of the available cars, but I will have to pay $5000 - $7000 more for unwanted and very expensive options plus my chances of getting the color combination I want is very slim.

So I am left with a car that is the wrong color, and has more that one option I don't want and still have to pay more. If these cars were not limited production, I would not have to consider this option and I would be able to go to any Ford dealer and either buy it off the lot or order it and be assured that my order would be built. That is not the case.

If I am going to spend $60,000 plus tax and license for a Mustang, I will get exactly what I want or walk.

Exactly what I am saying. If I am paying $60K+ or a car, I want EXACTLY what I want. I would say 90% of them that are on cars.com are black. Either heavily modded, not modded, or $5K-$30K over MSRP. I ran into one locally today for $15K over.

I have a dealership calling me back tomorrow. I was 0 for 7 today calling around for the above reason.

farmboy90

Established Member
Ok, I just PM'ed back a couple of you who wanted to know more about some unused allocations. I have 2 leads on cars that you can order. PM me for details, but here is the gist:

- He currently has a "superman" car on order. This is DIB/red stripes. I believe it is fully optioned except for the glass roof. This car is supposed to schedule anytime now for an August build. There is still time to change the color and maybe some of the options. This is being sold at MSRP. If you want this, you need to move ASAP as it is scheduling soon.

- Another dealer has an unordered guaranteed allocation. When it will build is not known, but you might be able to find out from the dealer. All I know is the allocation is unused and guaranteed and you can order to your specs. I am not sure if it is MSRP, you'd have to ask the dealer.

Marc

Established Member
Well I just got off the phone with the dealership that has the "superman car". It has a build date of August and still hasn't went to build as of yesterday. The dealer is checking on changing the color/options for me. He should know by Friday. If it goes through, then I will be ordering from him. Already sent him my color/options. He has my telephone number and email and will be sending me the documents to get this started.

I am trying NOT to get my hopes up as I have had several deals fall through on my venture to get one ordered. But, I should know by Friday if the deal is a "Go".

Thanks again Scott! Appreciate the lead!

farmboy90

Established Member
Well I just got off the phone with the dealership that has the "superman car". It has a build date of August and still hasn't went to build as of yesterday. The dealer is checking on changing the color/options for me. He should know by Friday. If it goes through, then I will be ordering from him. Already sent him my color/options. He has my telephone number and email and will be sending me the documents to get this started.

I am trying NOT to get my hopes up as I have had several deals fall through on my venture to get one ordered. But, I should know by Friday if the deal is a "Go".

Thanks again Scott! Appreciate the lead!

Hope it works out for you bro. I'll feel good that I was able to help someone else out. :beer:

carguy19

Established Member
I can get order slots for anyone that wants them.

There is an adm but its not an unreasonable one. Its equivelant to approximately the state sales tax and dmv fees in NJ. So between 4-6750 depending on how heavy a car it is.

I'm not looking to add any commission onto these cars if you guys are buying the cars for yourselves, not to resell or for someone that isnt a valid member on this site with less then 50 posts.

This offer for you guys is just another member (me) doing the job that I do as a courtesy to help you guys, but Im working for you guys for free basically where typicaly I'd take a 5-7.5% on top of the dealer markup as a commission.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

Users who are viewing this thread