Post up your whipple set up

Reaper14

Established Member
My simple mind didnt do to good with their instructions either. I ended up just filling a 5 gal bucket with 50/50 orange & then just vacuum filled to the line. Add the water wetter 1st to both engine coolant & H/E. I forgot to & had to empty some back out.

V.C

joshdj13

Established Member
I'm assuming right here?
20180902_173029.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G920V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

joshdj13

Established Member
I'm honestly not sure. The instructions say to run a 1/8 id fuel line from the bap to the manifold. Im not really sure why it would run to a voltage booster but idk.

Reaper14

Established Member
Im not sure either. If its the same as the one for the regulator then yes, that is the spot. I left it be & T'd off from the 1/8 one farther down by the tb

V.C

joshdj13

Established Member
Ok i read on AMs page that is is a vacuum line to the manifold. I do have a line that goes from the butterfly valve to the barbed fitting up front.

Last edited:

joshdj13

Established Member
Just need to add coolant and get something to make a new fitting for my home made inlet tube (replacing the tube as soon as the holidays over and I can get the correct part). Then the first start.
20180903_135925.jpeg

joshdj13

Established Member
Well It runs. Having some issues with the start up tune thats suppose to let me limp up to the shop down the road for the tune. Smells rich but has codes for lean at o2s and the throttle is hanging up and wants to climb as you try to drive. I'm 15 minutes from the shop so I hope they will just come down and data log/street tune to get it to the shop. The pvc tube is just temporary till I can get the correct piece sent. Not sure how to embed videos but here you go.

Reaper14

Established Member
It almost looks like the pvc tube is supposed to go there to match the rest. Sounds good. I didnt go with their start up tune but I assume that it should help you make it to the shop. You gonna be running 93, or e85? Im looking forward to your dyno run. I had mine emailed since no dyno around for me to use so I have no idea what mine makes.

V.C

Reaper14

Established Member
Thats who I went with. They sent me the start up tune & ran great from the start. No codes or anything bad. Sent back logs back & forth on my 3 days off & got the 91 tune done. They sent me a tank drain tune & I started the e85 the very next week. Thats when I noticed a mist of oil covering the passenger side of engine. I freaked out thinking I did something wrong when I installed the cs/opgs. Took it back appart, but all looked good. I ordered the catch can & once arrived we did back & forth logs 4 times in one day & all was said & done.

V.C

joshdj13

Established Member
Idk. I'll see how things go with these guys and may have to say screw it and wait for a lund tune. Things really happened too fast. Since I was able to get the whipple sooner than anticipate I wanted to install it over the long wedkend and didnt really have time to plan for tuning other than a local guy who works with kurgan motorsports. I'm also a bit worried cause I didnt get my 1 piece drive shaft installed like I wanted so hopefully it will hold together till I have my clutch installed and can have it put in at the same time.

Reaper14

Established Member
Idk. I'll see how things go with these guys and may have to say screw it and wait for a lund tune. Things really happened too fast. Since I was able to get the whipple sooner than anticipate I wanted to install it over the long wedkend and didnt really have time to plan for tuning other than a local guy who works with kurgan motorsports. I'm also a bit worried cause I didnt get my 1 piece drive shaft installed like I wanted so hopefully it will hold together till I have my clutch installed and can have it put in at the same time.

I know what you mean. I have a stack of parts that I bought along with the blower that I have yet to install, since the beggining of the year. Clutch being one of them. Im still rocking the stock one. I just haven't had time, nor will I any time soon. I might even have to sell them along with the car here soon to top it off.

V.C

Users who are viewing this thread