Post up your whipple set up

Reaper14

Established Member
This one
20180915_152705.jpeg

V.C

joshdj13

Established Member
So youre saying it goes inside the hole not in the round groove on top?

Edit: just looked over the instructions again and i think i have it in the wrong location. I'm pretty sure I put it in the ring around the opening now inside.

Sent from my SM-G920V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

Reaper14

Established Member
Yeah it goes inside. I seen a video by pbd talking about how this was the reason most would bring it back with high idle & surging issues.

V.C

joshdj13

Established Member
Well im really not sure I'm just second guessing myself since you mentioned that. I'm 28 with the memory of a 84 yr old with Alzheimer's. I'm going to spray it over with starting fluid again to check fittings and connections before tearing into it.

Reaper14

Established Member
Yeah, it was just a suggestion, Im a newb to all this too so dont take my word for it lol. Could be something else, like o ring around tb or one of the green gaskets from lower intake or not a leak at all. Have someone with a fresh set of eyes take a look at it, might help.

V.C

joshdj13

Established Member
Well I spoke with my dad who helped with the install and hes pretty positive we installed it on top since our instructions werent very clear like one of the guys in kens video said. Needless to say I will be tearing into it in the next day or so.

joshdj13

Established Member
Ok so I did indeed have the o ring in the wrong spot so after fixing the idle issue has improved. Now I'm still having trouble with it going into limp mode when I get into boost. It throws codes p2111 and p2135 which are tps related. I'm going to email whipple and lund to see what I need to do to get this sorted. I already set my closed throttle position to .41 volts which is in their range (.4v-.45v) so idk

Reaper14

Established Member
I dont think it affects it, but are you shutting off your advance traction when launching/wot pulling. At least you got one thing sorted out.

V.C

joshdj13

Established Member
I just turned off traction control. How do you turn off advanced traction? Everything has been from a roll. The p2111 is throttle body stuck open, which I'm not sure what would cause that, and p2135 is throttle/pedal correlation.

Reaper14

Established Member
Yeah it was tricky & not a fan of some parts of the instructions either. I was more worried about having done the opg/cs correctly. Im no mechanic lol

V.C

joshdj13

Established Member
My dad and I are both, he being more so than I, mechanically inclined. But the tuning/electronics portion of these newer cars is beyond me. The o ring was really just bad instructions. They were pretty detailed but some specifics being left out and pieced together with different years was difficult. Im just glad im not the only one that has had this issue.

joshdj13

Established Member
On a side note, would it be ok to connect my boost gauge vacuum line into my bap vacuum line? I dont have any more barbed fittings and no one seems to carry a 1/8 barbed fitting.

Reaper14

Established Member
Im sure you can 't' off of it, but might be best to get an individual source from anothet port for accurate readings.

V.C

joshdj13

Established Member
Well Alex said that the tb on these kits are one that have the least problems. He mentioned that the voltage may not be for a gen 1. Does anyone happen to know their close position voltage?

Users who are viewing this thread