Post up your whipple set up

joshdj13

Established Member
Just pulled the trigger on a polished 2.9 front feed head unit w/o throttle body. Will be buying the parts box but am curious of what kind of set up everyone is running. Not sure what size injectors or t/b i should go with and whether there is a bigger inlet tube for it or if the stock is all she wrote.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Reaper14

Established Member
I know they also come with closed air boxes, but the Cobra style for the s550 is only other one I've seen.
20180312_212653.jpg

Reaper14

Established Member
I would wait for their frequent %15 off sale & buy the tuner kit. Then buy the tb, fans, & lg heat exchanger separately at %15 off ea. Either go for a semi used/new bap & injectors & install myself. Also, I believe (not %100) the upgraded h/e pump is now standard along with iat 2 sensor so dont let them talk you in to paying extra for those. If you shop around you find good deals.

Sean@LethalPerformance

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The gen 3 Whipple is a monster out of the box, but it really wakes up with the larger, elliptical 132mm throttle body.. I saw a post earlier last week of the 132mm elliptical tb gaining 42whp and 20 wtq over just swapping out the stock tb on the Whipple kit.

In regards to injectors, the Injector Dynamic 1050x's will supply you with plenty of fuel. Those can support over 900whp on e85.

joshdj13

Established Member
Well i received my head unit yesterday. It is apparently the same head unit that ran on the 2015 supersnake (polished with shelby by whipple on the side). Im not sure if it has been ported or if its normal but the inside appears to have been hand ground. The guy I bought it from ran the 132mm but im curious if it was opened up for the 150mm. Either way im excited.

I'll probably be buying the tuner kit since the stage kits come with smaller injectors and I'm also picking the 132mm throttle body. I dont know much about injectors but id's are crazy expensive compared to bosch deatschwerks, seimens, ect. I know you get what you pay for but they seem overpriced and over hyped. I'll be tuned for 93 since e85 isnt available near me.

Last edited:

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
Ask your tuner what you need before you buy anything else. By the way, your tuner needs to be Ken @ Palm beach Dyno. You’re welcome.

Info@Injected

Any whipple installing dealer can tune the vehicle for you or facilitate the process. Whipple does not recommend one dealer over another unless based solely on location.....let’s be clear.

OP, give me a shout if you need anything. Where in GA are you at?

joshdj13

Established Member
Any whipple installing dealer can tune the vehicle for you or facilitate the process. Whipple does not recommend one dealer over another unless based solely on location.....let’s be clear.

OP, give me a shout if you need anything. Where in GA are you at?
About a hour from Kennesaw

Last edited:

Sean@LethalPerformance

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I really like my lund tune. The only issue is I dont have a laptop to datalog with

If you get the SCT bdx handheld, that will allow you receive and send out tunes directly from the device. Or you can get an nGauge and log through the device then just load the SD card onto your desktop to send out the logs.

joshdj13

Established Member
Whats the smallest "recommended" pulley size I should run with stock block, 1 7/8 Lts, and 3" exhaust?

Also just nabbed a new 132mm tb for $300 super stoked.

Sent from my SM-G920V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread