Post up your whipple set up

Reaper14

Established Member
Yeah anything past 4pm in my area gets sent to the next day. Laptop will come in handy. Dont forget to back up all your tunes just in case. I have a little over 20 tunes & I like to look at them & pretend I know what Im looking at.

V.C

joshdj13

Established Member
Well I loaded the revised tune and it still idles at about 1400rpm. I also tried to get into boost a bit since a wot pull is my next step and it threw it into limp mode. Did any of yall have similar issues? I asked if it was something they could address in the tune or if it was something I needed to do on my end but didnt get a response so idk.

Sent from my SM-G920V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
Mine went into limp mode once when I jumped on it in 1st w/out turning traction control off all the way. My car idles good most of the time. Occasionally it will rise to 12/1300 rpms but it will come back down eventually.

A lot of people have tuning idle issues with the 132 TB, even Whipple.

joshdj13

Established Member
Hmmm I wasnt sure if it was tuning related or if the throttle body electronics, even though it came from whipple, werent right.

On a separate note I did my next round of logs with a couple wot pulls to 6k in 3rd. Pretty thrilling to say the least.

Reaper14

Established Member
Maybe yout 132 tb needs adjusting some. 1500 at idle is too high. Did you do your wot pull on 15's with a good tire? I did my 1st wot pull on 20's. No comparison to how it felt compared to the 15's on bias.

V.C

joshdj13

Established Member
It may need to be adjusted. Idk. I did the pull on 18x10's .

This is what Alex said "That pulley combo is pretty aggressive, fueling is doing well but if it's a stock bottom end 12 GT i'd lower boost some, but fueling is proper.
The car is idling a 760 or so rpm. Which is quite normal.
This should be your final tune.
All looks real good datawise.
Another round of logs, but Confirm boost as we saw high load for this combo. "

I'm ordering a boost gauge tonight to see what I'm making. I thought 3.75 was suppose to be a good boost range (10-11#) especially with full exhaust. It also may be them just covering there end.

joshdj13

Established Member
Just took it out on this last tune and the car wants to go into limp mode when i roll on the throttle in 2nd. Also it wanted to surge when rolling on it in 3rd. I guess when I send this last batch of logs I'll send some of that as well. Also it still doesnt idle below 1250rpm so I guess i will be trying to make adjustments to the throttle body.

Reaper14

Established Member
I thought the 3.75" was the lowest (biggest pulley) amount of boost the 2.9l run. Its the one Im running. Are you running a different harmonic balancer? Maybe all your surging is due to the 132mm tb being off position (assumimg that it is). Have you contacted Whipple about it?

V.C

joshdj13

Established Member
I thought the 3.75" was the lowest (biggest pulley) amount of boost the 2.9l run. Its the one Im running. Are you running a different harmonic balancer? Maybe all your surging is due to the 132mm tb being off position (assumimg that it is). Have you contacted Whipple about it?

V.C
No, I'm going to see about adjusting it tomorrow before I call whipple. I believe the 3.8 is the smallest offered in any kit and The harmonic balancer is stock. I tried , though not sure if I did it right, logging tps and tps 2 through livelink and tps 2 was reading .3-.4 volts. The whipple adjustment, assuming its the same for our cars as well as the s550, is suppose to be .75-.85 volts in relaxed position. So IF I logged it right that seems to be my issue as far as idle goes.

On a side note I did order a roush boost gauge and vent pod today.

Reaper14

Established Member
I was never told my pulley combo is agressive, but I do know 10-11 psi is pushing it. I might just switch to that 3.8 for rod/block safety reasons. Im far away from being able to afford a new short block.

V.C

joshdj13

Established Member
Well an update, I pulled my throttle body off and checked my fully closed voltage, which is suppose to be the most critical according to whipple, and it was .32v. Its suppose to be .4v-.45v so I set it at .41v. Fixing to button it up then reinstall and I will be back to update.

joshdj13

Established Member
Car is still idling high at around 1300rpms. Idk what the f%&$ing problem is. I did a kam reset, reset high idle code, and let it run with the ac on to help it relearn throttle position. Any more ideas?

joshdj13

Established Member
Well I did a throttle relearn and now with the ac on it will idle around 1000ish rpms. Took it for a test drive and Regardless of what rpm I floor it in it goes into limp mode. I also get surging above 3000 when rolling on the throttle. Ugh I need lund to be open on the weekends so I can shoot them a new log now that I adjusted the throttle voltage.

Checking codes thrown this last go around and it threw p0507, p2111, and p2135

Last edited:

Reaper14

Established Member
The one I seen most people miss is the one from lower intake to blower right on the front. Its like an 1.5" hole for the bypass or what ever its for. Seal goes on inside not on top ring. Not saying you missed it, but maybe

V.C

Users who are viewing this thread