Post up your favorite recipes... The SVTP recipe exchange..

AutoEuphoria

Captain Slow
Established Member
Maple Salmon

Fish:
1 lb salmon

Marinade/Sauce:
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 clove garlic, crushed (or 1 tablespoon dried garlic)
Salt/Pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 400F
Pour sauce into baking dish big enough for fish filet. If filet is too large, cut in half. Place FACE DOWN (pink/flesh side down) into the sauce and marinate in fridge for at least 20 min (while oven heats up). Flip fish filets over before placing in oven (pink/flesh side up). Cook uncovered for 20 minutes. Cut filets, drizzle excess sauce over filet before serving.

Creamy Ranch Pork Chops & Rice

Ingredients:

1 tbsp. vegetable oil
4 boneless pork chops, 3/4" thick
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (Regular, 98% Fat Free or 25% Less Sodium)
1/2 soup can milk
1 pkg. (1 oz.) ranch salad dressing mix
Paprika
Ranch-style rice

Directions:

HEAT oil in skillet. Add chops and cook until browned.

ADD soup, milk and 1/2 pkg. salad dressing mix. Heat to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat 10 min. or until done. Sprinkle with paprika.

SERVE with Ranch-Style Rice.

TIP: Ranch-Style Rice: Add remaining salad dressing mix to water when making rice.

Serve with your favorite frozen vegetable blend. For dessert, serve chunky applesauce topped with cinnamon.

Ride Along

i has an avatar!
Established Member
Glad this thread came back, I made some badass chicken last night, and it was healthy AND easy:

Lightly coat raw chicken breasts with Hoisin sauce, sautee in olive oil until browned, top with cheddar and monterey jack cheeses while warm to melt.

Top with cooked Corn, then a generous serving of Mango Salsa (store bought, pre-made), then sour cream.

Serve with tortilla chips.

Last edited:

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
Dutch Oven Breakfast

1 lb.bacon
10-12 medium potatoes; sliced
2 medium yellow onions; diced
12 eggs; beaten
1 1/2 cups fresh mushrooms; sliced
1 green bell pepper; diced
3 cups grated Cheddar cheese
3 cloves garlic; minced
picante sauce
salt and pepper to taste

Heat a 12" Dutch oven using 18-20 briquettes bottom until hot. Cut bacon into 1 inch slices. Add to Dutch oven and fry until brown. Add onion, mushrooms, bell pepper and saute until onions are translucent. Add potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cover and bake using 8 briquettes bottom and 14-16 briquettes top for 30 minutes. Season eggs with salt and pepper then pour eggs over top of potatoes. Cover and bake another 20 minutes. Stir gently every 5 minutes. When eggs are done, cover top with cheese and replace lid. Let stand until cheese is melted.

Serve topped with picante sauce.

Serves: 10-12

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
Chicken and Sausage Gumbo

1 Cajun Roux
8 Boned and skinned chicken breasts; washed
1 lb Sausage; cut 1/2 inch thick
8 c Water; divided
1/2 c Onion; diced
1/4 c Green onion; diced

Prepare Roux. Put 6 cups of hot water into gumbo pot or large dutch oven and turn fire to high. Add about 1/4 of roux at a time to the water, stirring constantly to melt roux. After the roux boils, check to see if the gumbo is thin enough. If it is too thick add up to 2 cups more water, stirring so that roux does not stick to bottom of pot. Add seasonings and meat. When the gumbo starts to rise in the pot, change fire to lowest degree. Do not cover. Cook until meat is done and the gumbo tastes cooked.

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
Well, it is that time of year again.....

Burgers are America's favorite grill food, and now turkey burgers share the spotlight with beef. Here we offer old and new classics for both kinds of burger. In this article you'll learn the differences between grinds, cooking for the grill or stovetop, how to test for doneness, and how to use ground turkey for delicious burgers.

Which Ground Beef?
Ground round: Top round is the leanest cut of beef, with bottom round not far behind. Both make dry burgers.

Ground sirloin: Made up of 85 to 90 percent lean meat, ground sirloin makes dry, compact burgers.

Ground chuck: This sinewy shoulder cut is the number-one choice for burgers because it's so succulent and flavorful. Instead of settling for packaged, preground chuck, have it ground to order. Ask the butcher to trim off as much excess fat as possible before it goes into the grinder. Three ounces of well-trimmed chuck contains 7 grams of fat (3 saturated) and untrimmed chuck nearly twice that.

Regular hamburger: This mix of trimmings has the most fat of all the grinds, which means that the burgers shrink as they cook. Don't be misled by a package that says "75 percent lean." That means it's 25 percent fat; too much for anyone.

Cooking Burgers
Shape the meat into neat patties 1-inch thick at the center. Handle them gently or the burgers will be compact and crumbly. Place the meat on a grill rack coated with oil or nonstick vegetable spray and set 6 inches above a hot fire.

For well-done burgers, grill 4 minutes, until browned. Carefully turn and brown the other side, about 3 minutes. Do not press the burgers with a spatula while they cook or they will lose juices and flavor.

When cooking, use a stovetop grilling pan with grids molded into the bottom, if possible. It will prevent burgers from steaming in their own juices.

Safety First
The US Department of Agriculture recommends that all ground beef be cooked well done. Disease-causing organisms (live E. coli bacteria) found in undercooked ground beef can cause food poisoning. To make sure burgers are well done, cook until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center registers 160 to 165°F. Or make a thin cut in the center of the burger. If the hamburger is well done, the juices will be golden or clear.

Turkey, Too
To cut way down on fat, use ground turkey instead of beef. Ground white meat makes the lowest-fat burger of all, but a combination of ground white and dark meat turkey makes the best burgers.

To boost the juiciness of turkey burgers, work 1 tablespoonful olive oil or a chopped onion sautéed in a tablespoonful of oil into a pound of meat.

Bump up the flavor of ground turkey with 1 tablespoon Worcestershire or bottled steak sauce. Or boost flavor by adding 2 tablespoons bottled chili or barbecue sauce to a pound of turkey meat. For a different accent, work 2 tablespoons Chinese plum sauce and 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot into the burger and substitute scallions for onion.

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
Hawaiian Honey Burgers

You Will Need
1/2 cup honey
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon curry powder
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 pounds ground beef
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 can (23 ounces) sliced pineapple, drained
8 hamburger buns, split and toasted
Lettuce leaves (optional)

What to Do
1. In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients.

2. Crumble beef over mixture; mix well. Shape into eight 3/4-inch-thick patties.

3. Grill the burgers, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 3 minutes on each side. Brush with soy sauce.

4. Continue grilling for 4 to 6 minutes or until juices run clear, basting and turning several times.

5. During the last 4 minutes, grill the pineapple slices until browned, turning once. Serve burgers and pineapple on buns with lettuce if desired.

Serves: 8

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Dump Cake

Needed:
1. 9x12 GLASS baking dish
2. 2 cans cherry pie filling
3. 1 8.5oz can of crushed pineapple
4. 2 sticks of butter
5. 1 8 oz bag of shredded coconut
6 2 small bags of crushed pecans
7 1 box of yellow cake mix .. DRY ..

preheat oven to 350 degrees

Step 1.) Take 1 can of cherry pie filling and spread entire thing evenly in the baking dish
Step 1a) I like LOTS of cherries so I use about half of the 2nd can of cherries (cherries only out of can #2 )
Step 2) spread the crushed pineapple (juice and all) evenly over the cherry pie filling
Step 3) spread the DRY yellow cake mix next. I usually break up any large clumps with a fork before spreading it get it as even as you can.
Step 4) melt the 2 sticks of butter and pour it over the cake mix. get it as even as you can.
Step 5) Spread the shredded coconut next ... again evenly is the key
Step 6) Spread the pecans over the top ... add them to taste. One pack or Two it depends on your like of pecans ..

Bake for 1 hour at 350. baking times may vary some depending on your oven.

Very very tasty dessert

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
Guacamole

INGREDIENTS
3 avocados - peeled, pitted, and mashed
1 lime, juiced
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup diced onion
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
2 roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 pinch ground cayenne pepper (optional)
Add to Recipe Box
My folders:

DIRECTIONS
In a medium bowl, mash together the avocados, lime juice, and salt. Mix in onion, cilantro, tomatoes, and garlic. Stir in cayenne pepper. Refrigerate 1 hour for best flavor, or serve immediately.

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
Grilled Sweet-and-Sour Chicken

Ingredients

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lb)
1/2 cup sweet-and-sour sauce
1 can (8 oz) pineapple chunks, drained
1/2 medium green pepper, cut into strips
1/2 medium yellow pepper, cut into strips
1/2 medium red pepper, cut into strips
1/2 small onion, cut into small wedges
1/2 cup (dry) white rice
1/2 cup (dry) brown rice

Directions
1. Heat gas or charcoal grill. Cut four 18x12-inch pieces of heavy-duty foil; spray with cooking spray.
2. Cook rice according to directions.
3. On one side of each foil piece, place 1 chicken breast. Top each with 1 tablespoon sweet-and-sour sauce and one-fourth of the pineapple, bell pepper and onion. Top with remaining sauce.
4. Fold foil over chicken and vegetables so edges meet. Seal edges, making tight 1/2-inch fold; fold again. Allow space on sides for heat expansion. 5. When grill is heated, place packets on gas grill over medium heat or on charcoal grill over medium coals; cover grill. Cook 15 to 20 minutes, rotating packets 1/2 turn after 10 minutes, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170°F). Place packets on plates. Cut Fold back foil. Serve over rice.

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
Since I am in London, I figured it was appropriate to post a traditional English recipe :)

Bangers and Mash

Ingredients

6 plump sausages
4-6 large potatoes, peeled and quartered
salt
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons butter
nutmeg
2 onions, finely sliced
1 tablespoon cooking oil
1 tablespoon flour
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/2 glass wine
1/2 chicken stock cube, dissolved in 300 ml water
salt and pepper, to taste

Directions

1 Grill or fry the sausages.
2 The healthiest way is to grill them in the oven at 350 F or 180 C for 20-30 minutes.
3 Meanwhile, boil the potatoes until tender.
4 Drain potatoes and mash with milk, butter, salt and nutmeg until smooth.
5 For the gravy, heat oil in a frying pan and sauté onions until nicely browned.
6 Stir in the flour and then the mustard, followed by the wine. A few seconds later add the stock and allow to thicken.
7 Pile the mash onto a plate, followed by the sausages and lovely spoonfuls of the gravy.

KindaStock

Established Member
this thread delivers. Since moving into my apartment at school, I've been cooking for myself and roomates quite a bit. Any quick recipes for the poor college kid?
I use the hell out of my george forman grill.

Knock out the fat!!! ftw

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
Elephant stew

Ingredients

1 Elephant
10 Warthog
200 pounds tomatoes
half ton potatoes
2 bags onions
200 lbs salt
1 wheelbarrow onions (heaped)
10 liter vinegar
20 liter chutney
4 Guineafowl

Method

Hunt the elephant, warthog and guineafowl. Hang guineafowl to ripen. Cut elephant into edible chunks, (will take about a month). Boil the warthog with other ingredients (except guineafowl) till nice and juicy. Now boil elephant chunks over high flames till tender. (will take about 4 weeks) and add everything together. Boil for another 5 to 7 days.

Produces about 3,500 helpings.

Note: If the above isn't enough, add the guineafowl as well.

01_OXFORD_SVT

10th Anni FTMFW
Established Member
I started with the soup, stews and chilis.. I pride myself on my chili making ability. I can work with pork and chicken pretty well too..

Whats a beef burgundy? Sounds pretty good.

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
Here is a stupid simple meal...
Cook some white rice.
Cook some chicken breast, when it's done, cut it up.
Pop open a can of cream of chicken and bring to a boil. Toss in cut up chicken breast. Let it simmer for a few.

Slap the rice on a plate and pour the breast soupy mix over it. Doesn't seem like much... fills you up though and I like it.

Users who are viewing this thread