Post up your Bassani catbacks, especially those of you with 3" systems!

DSGWhippedSnake

Right you are ken
Established Member
Got my Bassani 3" catback last week so I took some time to do some test fitting. I still have some stuff left to do before I can bolt it up.

Who else is running a Bassani 3"? I had a 2.5" Bassani catback previously and I noticed that some Bassani systems sound different than others. It seems like some have more of a "hollow" or "gargly" sound compared to others with a more clean sound. I also noticed that on this 3" system, the internals of the mufflers have 2 baffled straight-through sections where as my old 2.5" system only had 1 baffled straight-through section. Does anyone know anything about this? I haven't called Bassani directly yet to ask them about it, but I'm curious as to what others think.

Anyway, here's a preview of mine. The setup is ARH 1-7/8 LT's, 3" collector, 3" o/r x pipe and the Bassani 3" catback. I'll have some videos once the car is back up and running. :beer:

8CDAF2AD-61DA-42CF-B994-F9370D4054FB.jpg

Deric

Established Member
My phone doesn't like photobucket, but the first few seconds of your in-car video sounds just like my 3" flowmaster setup.

Can't wait to hear more. I'm thinking of going the same route as you. Looks great in the pic!

TClark22

Established Member
interested to hear it!

I may need a 3" option for my coyote swap if my 2.5" bassani doesn't mate up well to the 3" x pipe

DSGWhippedSnake

Right you are ken
Established Member
Here's my old 2.5" system. I loved it, by far the best quality/best sounding system I've had. Hopefully the 3" system sounds as good

[youtube_browser]xWokrP2k-WM[/youtube_browser]

1raresnake

Established Member
Kooks 1 7/8 with 3 in O/R X pipe with Full 3 in Bassani all the way back. Also had stage 3 comp cams

[youtube_browser]C0oKcz6SMaI[/youtube_browser]

DSGWhippedSnake

Right you are ken
Established Member
Kooks 1 7/8 with 3 in O/R X pipe with Full 3 in Bassani all the way back. Also had stage 3 comp cams

[youtube_browser]C0oKcz6SMaI[/youtube_browser]

Sounds sick!! How old is the catback? Apparently Bassani switched from a single straight through internal muffler to dual straight through internals

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nick, your 2.5" setup sounded really good. I just know you're going to love the sound of your new 3" setup. Just in time for spring (30 days!).

DSGWhippedSnake

Right you are ken
Established Member
3" Bassani CB here .... with Bassani mid-length headers & X-pipe!! Love it! :)

You have the baffles in??

20130906_161618.jpg

2013-04-21155552.jpg

Looks great! I love the sound of a full Bassani exhaust. Very unique! And yep, I plan to keep the baffles in. I had them in on my old 2.5" system and I loved the sound

Users who are viewing this thread