Post some trivia about your life....

CV355

_
Established Member
Yea but angry birds... Im sure that ceo is up there lol

I kick myself for that quite often. There have been several other ideas that either got poached or someone beat me to it.

Nobody at Kenne Bell would ever admit this, but in 2008 I started looking at cooling methods for the blower housings as part of my college thesis. At first I looked into air cooled and determined it wouldn't do squat and was a terrible idea, then started looking at a water jacket. I swapped a few emails with KB, then called and spoke to one of their engineers for a little while. He basically said there's no need to improve on their existing platform because it was more efficient than the competition. Then, lo and behold, their liquid cooled line comes out two years later.

buffalosoldier

Established Member
They can convince you otherwise, that's what they do. Then once it's too late you unconvince yourself, rapidly.
Kind of like the story of the scorpian and the frog.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Bob: What carrier were you on? I was on the Carl Vinson. CVN70.
I was on an anti-submarine carrier, USS Kearsarge, CVS-33. It's since been de-commissioned. I'm still active with the Kearsarge Association. Every other year they put together a re-union in different areas of the country. I was an LI3 (Lithographer) and spent my entire tour about the Kearsarge working in the Print Shop.

The Carl Vinson has a rich and interesting history. Osama bin Laden was buried at sea from the Carl Vinson.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
hmm, a couple things come to mind

• From age 7 to 15 I was one of the premier Kart racing drivers in the state of South Carolina. Competed in National circuit races when they came to town, and won many times/placed well. I have a room of trophy's. I was more of the local home grown Carolina boy champion type. Not a series traveler. I've had multiple offers since to wheel cars, trucks, karts, sprints, you name it. Just never done much more than drag race since then though. Had I moved to Charlotte, got into legends, or possibly graduated to cars, I could very well have been in Nascar/Road racing. A lot of people don't believe me though.
  • When I was 11 or so, my mom had a sweet 97 Crown Vic. I shut my right index finger in the door. It fractured/chipped the bone. Damn near took the finger off. Stitches etc. The doc said a piece of bone was missing, and they couldn't find it via X-rays. I wake up one day months later to a small 1/8" round bump on my left hand next to my index knuckle. Turns out the bone chip traveled up my arm, through my heart, and down to my left hand. Could've killed me.
  • My family namesakes side has been a hot mess. It's very storied and tied into politics in GA, the war of northern aggression, and the revolutionary war. After an entire century of marriage, kids, death, and more, Four generations depend on me to have kids. Otherwise our last name dies off for good. Good news is I have an ol' lady who wants de babies.

hunterp

Established Member
  • When I was 11 or so, my mom had a sweet 97 Crown Vic. I shut my right index finger in the door. It fractured/chipped the bone. Damn near took the finger off. Stitches etc. The doc said a piece of bone was missing, and they couldn't find it via X-rays. I wake up one day months later to a small 1/8" round bump on my left hand next to my index knuckle. Turns out the bone chip traveled up my arm, through my heart, and down to my left hand. Could've killed me.

That's not scary at all...

Users who are viewing this thread