Post some trivia about your life....

VegasMichael

Established Member
In the early 90s I was in the Navy and took leave. I was in Hawaii at the time and booked a flight on the old Northwest Orient. Went from Honolulu to Minneapolis on a DC 10 and read two thirds of a novel called The Silence of the Lambs. What a great book and movie. The plane was practically empty and flush with cute stewardesses who were up for my flirting and very responsive with cute comebacks. Best flight of my life. By jingo...

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
In the early 90s I was in the Navy and took leave. I was in Hawaii at the time and booked a flight on the old Northwest Orient. Went from Honolulu to Minneapolis on a DC 10 and read two thirds of a novel called The Silence of the Lambs. What a great book and movie. The plane was practically empty and flush with cute stewardesses who were up for my flirting and very responsive with cute comebacks. Best flight of my life. By jingo...

Too bad said stewardesses didn't hang out with you in Minneapolis. I suppose work whisked them away immediately.

I had casts on my legs for a few months as an infant. Not sure exactly why but they were off by the time I was 8-9 months. I then walked across the living room at exactly 10 months old, about the earliest I've ever heard for kids walking. My dad figures that the casts made my legs/core stronger than they would have been and that contributed towards the early walking.

VENOM1

6.0MAN
Established Member
I was in a very serious accident on my 23rd birthday that almost took my life. I was crossing the street via the crosswalk and was struck my an automobile (drunk driver) going 40 mph. Thanks to a Good Samaritan chasing the drunk driver all the way across town and back to his house as I doubt he would have been caught.

I broke my back, both tibias, left fibula, all my toes, 8 fingers, 4 ribs, had internal bleeding, road rash and a serious concussion along with several contusions that required stitches. It’s a miracle I wasn’t killed.

After a tremendously long recovery I’m happy to say I’m fully recovered but have more metal in my body than most pickup trucks do. Outside of discomfort with quick changes in outside temperature and aches/pains at 40 I’m still chugging along.

I still have anxiety crossing any street and as a father it’s extremely difficult for me when my kids do. I can’t explain the feeling. I guess I’ll take that over the alternative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
Too bad said stewardesses didn't hang out with you in Minneapolis. I suppose work whisked them away immediately.

I had casts on my legs for a few months as an infant. Not sure exactly why but they were off by the time I was 8-9 months. I then walked across the living room at exactly 10 months old, about the earliest I've ever heard for kids walking. My dad figures that the casts made my legs/core stronger than they would have been and that contributed towards the early walking.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
I once played the arcade game Q Bert for 12 hours straight on one quarter.

Got me into a regional video game contest in Boston that I proceeded to win on Q Bert.

First place was $3000.

That weekend when the contest ended the company sponsoring it packed up fled out of town and no one got paid.

I think I was about 16 at the time.

SHOdown220

Established Member
I possibly saved a little girls life several years ago.

It was winter time, temperature in the teens, 2 a.m. I was up late, couldn't sleep and decided to step outside for a smoke. I lived a few hundred feet from a moderately busy highway one direction and miles of woods the other direction with a few houses in between.

About the time I was finishing up I heard something and coming down the road was this little girl running as fast as she could. I stopped her and she couldn't have been more than 4 or 5 years old, dressed in pjs and very panicked. She said she woke up and no one was home so she was going to her grandma's house. I asked if she knew where grandmas house was and she said yes and kept walking, I walked with her but the way she was going was a dead end with only an abandoned house at the end. She was obviously lost, she couldn't tell me where she came from and was very scared.

I called the police who came out and met me. It took a little while to figure out who she was and where she came from but they finally got a call from a very panicked father. He was working late and the baby sitter he hired fell asleep on the couch. When the little girl woke up and couldn't find dad she basically let herself out of the house and went running.

I'm not saying I definitely saved a life that night but the odds were against her. It was very cold and she was really lost. It was a quiet area out of town and poorly lit back roads, who knows where she would have ended up

KingBlack

Established Member
same here, but grass dont grow on the playground.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
r.-kelly-running-sexually-abusive-cult-of-young-women-parents-complain-to-police.jpg

FJohnny

Established Member
So I'm 18 and on one of those Contiki bus tours through Europe with my brothers. We are at this huge campsite in Munich, Germany and hanging with about 50 people from everywhere. Bonfire and a large keg of beer and things are great.

There's this impossibly beautiful girl. Long blond hair, slim with the most perfect pair I have ever witnessed. (Canadian, so that's not many.) Anyway, she's arguing with a dozen tourists from Israel about some political thing. They ask if anyone is from America and I say is Canada close enough? Yup. They ask something and I give my honest answer. They all laugh and the beauty pouts. I realize I guessed the wrong answer.

She comes walking slowly over and I'm transfixed. Honestly, she's more beautiful than anything I've ever seen. I'm kinda terrified. I think maybe she's going to apologize like Canadians would or maybe continue the debate.

She slowly pours her entire beer over my head, laughs a musical laugh. Well, all in fun, I figure, so I slowly pour my entire beer over her wonderful boobs. She's wearing one of those cheese cloth shirts that used to be so popular and it goes completely transparent. No bra and I'm flat out gawking!

She walks off and returns a short time later with a new shirt. She says, "Come with me."

I made what I now realize was a poor decision and followed her. She could have had a pile of her friends waiting in the dark, for all I knew. She was traveling with a singing and dance group from America but even so, with big enough numbers it could have gone poorly.

She led me to her tent and told me to wait outside. When she came out she handed me a handful of change. What??? Turns out they were shower tokens. She took me to the girls washroom and we ended up in the shower stall plugging the meter until the water cooled off. Halfway through the standup session three girls from my bus, school teachers from South Africa, came in and started bugging us. We know you're in there, John....What are you doing in there? and stuff like that.

Anyway, when we were done she handed me a business card like I'd never seen before. Just her name with her city and state (California). Nothing else. Told me no one ever would dare treat her like that at home and she liked it. I looked on the back and she had hand written her phone number.

When I got home weeks later I decided I had to call her up. You guessed it, the number was a total phony. So, in the end, SHE WON!

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
When i was in 3rd grade everyone had to write a paper(i forget about what) and out of the entire grade 3 people with the best papers got to be selectman for a day and i got picked. I was on local tv, newspaper and in a parade. Surprised everyone because ive been a dumbass my entire life and to this day still cant write a good essay.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
2 weeks after reporting to my first Navy duty station in Long Beach (aircraft carrier), I was put on an ammo work detail. We had to carry cases of live ammo from the ammo room to a bomb elevator. Someone neglected to replace a floor plate (around 18" square) in the elevator floor and as I was carrying the ammo case into the elevator my right foot slipped into the hole in the floor. I didn't want to drop the ammo because I was afraid it would explode because we were told to carry them carefully. So I held onto the case as I started to fall. I got slammed against the elevator door edge with my hand trapped between the ammo case and the door edge. The weight of the case dragged my hand down the edge and something ripped a wide gash in my hand, severing the middle finger tendon. I didn't feel any pain, but immediately saw a red spot on my shirt that got bigger and bigger. I slipped the sleeve up to see what the damage was and was greeted with blood squirting 6-8" in the air due to a vein that also got severed. I walked to sick bay pretty much on my own, where the on-duty doctor tried to put the severed tendon down my arm.....without giving me any pain killer. :eek: THAT hurt so bad I almost punched him in the face. He quickly gave up and I was transported to the Naval Hospital where the surgeon pulled/tied the severed tendon, repaired the severed vein, stitched up the gash, and put my hand in a cast to immobilize it. They gave me an unexpected special 2-week leave to fly back to Connecticut. What a crappy way to start my 2-year carrier tour. But I did get to spend two weeks back home, being pampered by my future wife.

To this day, I have limited use of the middle finger on my right hand. I literally cannot flip off someone with my right hand because the finger can't fully extend. It extends maybe 2". :(

KingBlack

Established Member
So I'm 18 and on one of those Contiki bus tours through Europe with my brothers. We are at this huge campsite in Munich, Germany and hanging with about 50 people from everywhere. Bonfire and a large keg of beer and things are great.

There's this impossibly beautiful girl. Long blond hair, slim with the most perfect pair I have ever witnessed. (Canadian, so that's not many.) Anyway, she's arguing with a dozen tourists from Israel about some political thing. They ask if anyone is from America and I say is Canada close enough? Yup. They ask something and I give my honest answer. They all laugh and the beauty pouts. I realize I guessed the wrong answer.

She comes walking slowly over and I'm transfixed. Honestly, she's more beautiful than anything I've ever seen. I'm kinda terrified. I think maybe she's going to apologize like Canadians would or maybe continue the debate.

She slowly pours her entire beer over my head, laughs a musical laugh. Well, all in fun, I figure, so I slowly pour my entire beer over her wonderful boobs. She's wearing one of those cheese cloth shirts that used to be so popular and it goes completely transparent. No bra and I'm flat out gawking!

She walks off and returns a short time later with a new shirt. She says, "Come with me."

I made what I now realize was a poor decision and followed her. She could have had a pile of her friends waiting in the dark, for all I knew. She was traveling with a singing and dance group from America but even so, with big enough numbers it could have gone poorly.

She led me to her tent and told me to wait outside. When she came out she handed me a handful of change. What??? Turns out they were shower tokens. She took me to the girls washroom and we ended up in the shower stall plugging the meter until the water cooled off. Halfway through the standup session three girls from my bus, school teachers from South Africa, came in and started bugging us. We know you're in there, John....What are you doing in there? and stuff like that.

Anyway, when we were done she handed me a business card like I'd never seen before. Just her name with her city and state (California). Nothing else. Told me no one ever would dare treat her like that at home and she liked it. I looked on the back and she had hand written her phone number.

When I got home weeks later I decided I had to call her up. You guessed it, the number was a total phony. So, in the end, SHE WON!

have you gotten tested for STD's since that encounter?

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
Back in 2000, I was living near Indianapolis. One day, a friend of mine and I drove up to Decatur, Indiana. We were going to visit Lingenfelter Performance. We took my friends '91 NSX. It was basically stock, except for a cold air intake, exhaust, and a small shot of nitrous.

When we get there, we start walking around the lot in back to see what they are working on. The first person we met was Graham, who did all of the tuning; he was in the dyno room. We are talking and he asks what we're driving. He said he's interested in putting the NSX on the dyno. So, we strap it down so he can play with it. We are not charged for dyno session.

Graham then takes us inside for a tour of the shop. It is very clean and organized. He asks us if we had met John. We hadn't, so he calls for him. In walks the man, the myth, the legend. With a big smile on his face, he greets us with a handshake. We start talking about his new Stage 1 and 2 twin turbo kits for the Corvette. He shows us a few things and a couple of cars.

As if the day couldn't get any better, John asks if we would like to go for a ride. ( Uh, yeah! ) We walk out back to a yellow Stage 2 Corvette that has recently been completed. John takes me out for a spin in the vette. The car is so docile and quiet during normal driving. We go out on a divided stretch of road and he does a few rolling pulls. Traffic is light, so he stops and goes from a dig, not once, but twice! Man, does that car pull!

We go back to the shop and he takes my friend out for a ride. I could not stop grinning. John Lingenfelter just took me for a ride in a new Stage 2 Twin Turbo Corvette!! Unbelievable.

We each buy a t-shirt, which John signs. We hang out for another hour or so and then head back home.

I am saddened by the loss of John. It makes this experience even more special and I am so grateful for the opportunity. Seeing him in the shop with a big friendly smile on his face, he looked like how I felt, a kid in a candy store.
20190309_124241.jpeg 20190309_124219.jpeg 20190309_124300.jpeg 20190309_124323.jpeg

Attachments

• 20190309_124241.jpeg
    20190309_124241.jpeg
    402.2 KB · Views: 264

Users who are viewing this thread