Post one newer pic of your ride (EVERYONE!!)

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Let my girl drive her "4-wheeler" around the block to mamaw and papaw's after taking the governor off and giving her second gear. She really thought it she was fast today, and it made me happy

I've got 22k on the TRX now and besides a realllly long warranty BS, it's been solid lol

568a5cf7adbf9ec649fda10c3ce5749c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TRX looks dope bro! Love it!

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
When did you get that killer Golf R, Brett? Maybe I missed it in some other thread. 750hp! You've got one killer stable there!
Yea thats my DD Bob along with my Trackhawk. Had that about 6 months now. Pretty much everything u can do to a Golf R for the most part.

Its terribly unreliable tho. I break it OFTEN..... Most unreliable thing ive ever owned actually lol but also one of the most fun so I just keep fixing it.

Its down right now actually. Broke one of the blades off the Garrett G30-770 Exhaust wheel lol. I run it HARD so yea it breaks a LOT lol.

I could upgrade to the G-1050 Turbo but I would lose a 1000 rpm's in spool and require a new fuel system and head studs.

This thing spools up pretty quick once ur making some rpm's. It needs rpm tho its only a 2.0L (4) cylinder lol its tiny so ALL the power comes from boost!

Handles like its on rails I swear has full Ohlins coilovers suspension with every brace known to mankind lol. I surprise a LOT of ppl with it. Its flex fueled I run it on E60 most of the time. Get E85 right in Southington right off exit #28 I-84 either way.

I have another Golf R im swapping an RS3 into. Its in Cali. Hopefully be done by end of summer. Its run by a stand alone Syvex with a sleeved motor with custom cams and head work. Has Magnesium wheels, AP front brakes, Dodson clutches, IROZ 1100 Turbo kt, IROZ billet intake, IROZ Fueling system. 3000 lb weight.

Shooting for 60-130 mph in 2.XX seconds. Built Trackhawk does it it in 3.XX. I think with GOBS of nitrous I can get it in the low 3's which is sick for an SUV.

Both DD Trackhawk and Golf R just do totally different things Bob but its fast AF. Beat my 780 whp Redeye Challenger pretty bad from a 60-150 roll. 3200 lbs.

IMG_0569.jpeg

IMG_3454.jpeg

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yea thats my DD Bob along with my Trackhawk. Had that about 6 months now. Pretty much everything u can do to a Golf R for the most part.

Its terribly unreliable tho. I break it OFTEN..... Most unreliable thing ive ever owned actually lol but also one of the most fun so I just keep fixing it.

Its down right now actually. Broke one of the blades off the Garrett G30-770 Exhaust wheel lol. I run it HARD so yea it breaks a LOT lol.

I could upgrade to the G-1050 Turbo but I would lose a 1000 rpm's in spool and require a new fuel system and head studs.

This thing spools up pretty quick once ur making some rpm's. It needs rpm tho its only a 2.0L (4) cylinder lol its tiny so ALL the power comes from boost!

Handles like its on rails I swear has full Ohlins coilovers suspension with every brace known to mankind lol. I surprise a LOT of ppl with it. Its flex fueled I run it on E60 most of the time. Get E85 right in Southington right off exit #28 I-84 either way.

I have another Golf R im swapping an RS3 into. Its in Cali. Hopefully be done by end of summer. Its run by a stand alone Syvex with a sleeved motor with custom cams and head work. Has Magnesium wheels, AP front brakes, Dodson clutches, IROZ 1100 Turbo kt, IROZ billet intake, IROZ Fueling system. 3000 lb weight.

Shooting for 60-130 mph in 2.XX seconds. Built Trackhawk does it it in 3.XX. I think with GOBS of nitrous I can get it in the low 3's which is sick for an SUV.

Both DD Trackhawk and Golf R just do totally different things Bob but its fast AF. Beat my 780 whp Redeye Challenger pretty bad from a 60-150 roll. 3200 lbs.

View attachment 1832962

View attachment 1832964
Like I already said, you're building one hell of a killer personal corral. No holds barred! The paint on that Golf R looks brand new. How old is the paint?

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Let my girl drive her "4-wheeler" around the block to mamaw and papaw's after taking the governor off and giving her second gear. She really thought she was fast today, and it made me happy

I've got 22k on the TRX now and besides a realllly long warranty BS, it's been solid lol

Shortly after getting my kids their power wheels, I gave them second gear and man it was fun to see them smile. Problem was, they were ready for more! So I purchased an adapter off Amazon to use my 18V Ryobi batteries and that gave it just the right amount of kick! Also helps that it recharges faster, so less down time.

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
Freshly washed. Might be trading her at the end of the year on an RS6 Avant.
b8453429115f5bde3651c3ee03faf34e.jpg

I have an Avant and would 100% rather have the GT4. Totally not impressed and will be trading it in 2 months or so (stupid Colorado DOT employee backed into me so I need to get that repaired first). Owned it less than a year.

jrandy

Established Member
Today was the day to put the hardtop on the hoist for the new ~6-8 months. Ended up tossing on the Ford tonneau cover for the back and putting the sunshade back on... Not really sure if I'll keep it the tonneau or not. Haven't been too impressed with it so far.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-18 at 3.13.42 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-18 at 3.13.42 PM.png
    3 MB · Views: 66

kaz109

Established Member
I have an Avant and would 100% rather have the GT4. Totally not impressed and will be trading it in 2 months or so (stupid Colorado DOT employee backed into me so I need to get that repaired first). Owned it less than a year.
No idea how you could not be impressed

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Let my girl drive her "4-wheeler" around the block to mamaw and papaw's after taking the governor off and giving her second gear. She really thought she was fast today, and it made me happy

Very nice man.
What was up with the warranty BS??

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
No idea how you could not be impressed

Shrug. It's been underwhelming given the reviews and expectations. Sure it's fast. It's also soulless. The electronics suck. I've put about 10k miles on it. I think I'd know if I liked it by now. Probably my biggest car purchase regret ever.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
Very nice man.
What was up with the warranty BS??
thanks man, nicest vehicle I’ve owned so far.

she was leaking brake fluid…ruined vacuum pump, ABS module, and master cylinder needed replaced. but it was there for 9 weeks…they didn’t start seriously working on it til i mentioned it was well past the requirements for a lemon law in AR. this dealer is…uhh…special lol

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Today was the day to put the hardtop on the hoist for the new ~6-8 months. Ended up tossing on the Ford tonneau cover for the back and putting the sunshade back on... Not really sure if I'll keep it the tonneau or not. Haven't been too impressed with it so far.
Oooo....that is nice.

Users who are viewing this thread