POST NEW CARLSBAD TIMES!

captain4g63

Idiot
Established Member
Originally posted by jhwalker
Capt4 --
We keep finding out about your car bit by bit... What other neat mods do you have in that hot Cobra? Yours is another car I would have liked to see run on the ET Streets.

The 6200 rpm in 4th sounds almost perfect, doesn't it?

JW

Thanks for the kind words. I have a 2.80, densecharger, water injection and missing mufflers (I figure absence is more flow than anything else :)) and that's it, no shifter, tires, or anything whatsoever.(period)

2 cents off the top of my head...
I haven't seen Juan's dyno but 6300 and 117... I would think 5800ish would be better (My goal is mid 120s). My car seems to like 6k shifts rather than 6.5s, which leads me to believe 373s are better. I know I don't want to be shifting in the traps (still need to do a few more calculations).

captain4g63

Idiot
Established Member
I wanted to try your ETs, but I'm a bit bashful and would have felt bad for leaving most of them in the burnout box.:burnout:

As far as the ET Streets, I'm cheap (obviously). I would like to use my stock 17s (rim) at the strip and the 18s in my living room for day-2-day. Fortunately, M/T will be finished testing their new ET Streets for 17s next month. YUMMY. Shortly thereafter I will get kicked out of Carlsbad for not having a cage.

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Capt4
Interesting mods. I love the fact that we are all getting there taking different paths.
"I have a 2.80, densecharger, water injection and missing mufflers (I figure absence is more flow than anything else ) and that's it, no shifter, tires, or anything whatsoever.(period) "
Upon reflection, amazing...

Whenever we hook up again, remember that these are the 'Community ETs'. I usually get the best run I am going to get on the 2-3 run, and after that I am just abusing the car.
Then adam run a couple of times, but he has been considering running different tires just for informative purposes.
Throw in an early reservation.

Is anyone running 3.90s?
JW

Last edited:

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
i gotta pay closer attention to the tach near the end of the 1/4. what are people w/ the stock gears ending up at (assuming a 115-117 trap)? based on my last dyno sheet it looks like my hp peaks at around 5800 so i suppose crossing the 1/4 at that point would be good?

captain4g63

Idiot
Established Member
Originally posted by jhwalker
Capt4
Interesting mods. I love the fact that we are all getting there taking different paths.

I agree.

Upon reflection, amazing...

Thanks, I'm really just trying to keep my warrenty :-D

Whenever we hook up again, remember that these are the 'Community ETs'. I usually get the best run I am going to get on the 2-3 run, and after that I am just abusing the car.
Then adam run a couple of times, but he has been considering running different tires just for informative purposes.
Throw in an early reservation.

JW

Awesome, thanks for bringing your compressor and letting everyone use it.

Originally posted by FuShnickens
i gotta pay closer attention to the tach near the end of the 1/4. what are people w/ the stock gears ending up at (assuming a 115-117 trap)? based on my last dyno sheet it looks like my hp peaks at around 5800 so i suppose crossing the 1/4 at that point would be good?

I have the stock gears and ran a 116.xx in every run. I agree the stock ratio is perfect. Now I understand why Juan was spinning 2nd so bad...

ADR

Greased Lightning
Established Member
I trapped 115, when on my first run I ran a best of 12.65 I thought it was because it wasn't as hot, but then when i thought about it I always trap the same so the car is running pretty consistant, so what happened for me to go from 12.65 to 13.01 and still be trapping 115, so I studied the Time slips and noticed that my 60 was a little worst but not much but my 330 ft -1/8 was way slower, from spinning, its all about traction and launching, once I learn to do a decent burn out and get these Nittos broken in and get some traction it should help. Comparison below.

875 RT .733
2.200 60ft 2.297
5.621 330ft 5.917
8.370 1/8 ET 8.706
90.11 1/8 mph 88.77
12.650 1/4 ET 13.014
115.68 1/4 mph 115.05

ADR

Greased Lightning
Established Member
I think with the IRS and the TQ we have you dont need to do high rpm launches, unless you have ET Streets, on the 12.65 run I launched dam near from idle.

captain4g63

Idiot
Established Member
Originally posted by ADR
...its all about traction and launching.

Your correct, that's why it's so important to have a time and trap for gauging performance. The time is all in the 60ft, and the mph is all about power.

Last edited:

ADR

Greased Lightning
Established Member
I'm getting another tune next week so we'll see, probably not this weekend but next weekend I will be going back and this time I will learn to melt these dam Nittos:gt:

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Originally posted by Tetge
ADR: just spend money like there is no tomorrow. That seems to help performance

I carefully plan and replan each purchase. I wonder why I have spent so much on 1 day delivery? :bash:
Sometimes simply in response to a false upgrade rumor started by a certain Tetge...
JW

Thank the Lord that B&D didn't have NOS systems in stock the day after I saw PModdy's dyno pull with the laughing gas.
JW

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by Tetge
They have been cool about letting us have fun over here. But it keeps the main forum clean while we are playing in the children's area.

U mean playing in the Kitty Litter?

:lol:

:beer: to LL & Dano :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread