POST NEW CARLSBAD TIMES!

amwalker

the wrench
Established Member
Originally posted by Tetge
If you guys do Famoso, could you keep it a secret? This last C-Bad thread was a little obsessive. The buildup would have done Hollywood good. It was fun, but, I am retiring and, after Sal's Mustang Day 6, I will not be racing my car.

we've heard that before:rollseyes: :dw:

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Originally posted by captain4g63
I don't understand why you guys don't like the stock shifter. I love it. I have only missed one shift EVER, that one being my first time racing the beast at c-bad. Now that I said that I'm sure my tranny will fall out halfway down the track next time.

Some of the Cobras are freaks so the shifter works. Some are so bad that they are literally causing damage to people. :nonono:
I think Dean, who is our current 11 sec hero, may get his shoulder operated on.
After the UPR schtuff, mine is day and night different.
After Famoso earlier this year with the stock clutch I had to shift with both hands and bent the firewall out from pushing so hard -- and Tetge had to adjust the clutch every time we got together.
:idea: :nonono: What did I just say!!! Tetge adjusted my clutch every...
:bash: :bash: :bash:
JW

amwalker

the wrench
Established Member
yeah, you beat me, when it was my first run of the day on cold et streets...no excuses when paired up with an old guy like you though...:burn:

Venomous Mofo

Congrats to all. Wish i could of attended. Hot as hell up in the Bay Area over the weekend.

I see your beloved Cobras got a little dirty :lol1:

Anyone coming out to irwindale on thur?

stang99

Isn't irwindale an 1/8th mile track? Sorry but for me it's that rush that the Cobra has in 3rd and 4th that really makes running it in the 1/4 such a pleasure. It just hunkers down and pulls like a MF all the way to the end of the 1/4. If the strip were a 3/8th mile, I'd bet that the Cobra would be a serious contender stock along with Vipers and Z06's. Rice would be parked for the most part as well as the ill handling short geared drag specific cars.

stang99

Yah. And on the freeway, if the devil takes you and you shift back to third iit is possibly even more awesome since it is cooled down and making even more boost and HP than it does at the strip. Major, arrest me officer and take me to jail, rush. And, so far, no one has complained when I put the rush on them, not that they are anywhere around to complain.

stang99

How are the 4.10's as daily drivers. Did they bother you when you drove down to C-Bad? I need to know because I have decided to try 4.10's but I could still cancel the install.

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
BTW James, if I'm not mistaken, you trapped 114 on your 12.362 run, and Brian trapped 109 on his 12.362 run. I think I clearly remember you only being a few mph behind me in trap, which we attributed to your slicks. And, with the troubles Brian had, he slowed significantly by the end of the track.

captain4g63

Idiot
Established Member
Originally posted by SonicVenum
James,
6200-6300, I believe. I tried to pay attention to that on one of my good passes. That's with a 117 trap.

Crap thats high, my GSX is close to that.....I'll stick with the 3.73s

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Originally posted by captain4g63
Crap thats high, my GSX is close to that.....I'll stick with the 3.73s

Capt4 --
We keep finding out about your car bit by bit... What other neat mods do you have in that hot Cobra? Yours is another car I would have liked to see run on the ET Streets.

The 6200 rpm in 4th sounds almost perfect, doesn't it?

JW

Users who are viewing this thread