Post install results for Granatelli's Ford Coil-On-Plug connector kit

99SVTAddict

Established Member
no offense, but if I haven't had any misfires at 18 psi and 7500rpm with the stock ignition, i doubt an NA setup will have problems.

Agreed. These stock ignition systems are very good.

I have a buddy that purchased the 4V replacement wires. He has a 380RWHP bigbore n/a motor combo....picked up zero HP from the mod.

YardSpecial

War Veteran X 2
Established Member
quadcammer said:
no offense, but if I haven't had any misfires at 18 psi and 7500rpm with the stock ignition, i doubt an NA setup will have problems.
None taken Quad.

I have seen cars misfire on the dyno, thats what I have seen. (stock plugs)

Thats my experience

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
stock plugs are crap (most likely the reason).

people believe ford when they hear that they are good for 100k miles.

a properly gapped copper plug should have no issues what so ever with an NA motor with the stock ignition.

Im not saying its a good idea, but I feel the gains are overrated for a stock car.

just my .02

YardSpecial

War Veteran X 2
Established Member
Quad you know what??? I agree with ya. I just like trying new sheet.

Called pissing money in the wind. Next project is installing a Term diff with 3.55 gears............

01yellercobra

Established Member
quadcammer said:
Id like to know what the install of the wires themselves is like.

never got a straight answer on that.

slo984now said:
Install of the wire upgrade consists of pulling the COP off the plug, removing the stock boot and wire and tossing them in the trash, then snap the new wire into place and slide the boot over it. Push the COP back onto the plug and move onto the next one.

:banana:

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
Serpentor said:
ok, here is the infamous thread: I believe a new thread has recently been exploding on corral.net as well.

http://corner-carvers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25368&highlight=granatelli

there are also links in it to a few corral threads that are equally entertaining.
:beer:

WOW! Thanx for linking that!!! Any thread that has something like this as the second post:

Didn't we go through this 2-3 years ago on the Corral? I seem to remember a photo of his parts wrapped in shredded 'asian' newspaper. Somehow Kenny Boltz got a free k-member and a-arms out of the deal (which ended up breaking).

GMS is monkey**** waiting for some lube.

. . . and then picks up momentum is entertaining reading to say the least!

On an unrelated note, I see the folks over at cc.com are still bringing the pain w/ pine-tar/cork enhanced steel baseball bats! I decided long ago that my skin is waaayyy too thin for that place. I like being able to ask my suspension/open-track related questions in the forum over here w/o being told how much of a @#&%in' moron I am for even breahting . . . :eek: :nonono:

Serpentor

Rock Hard Member
Established Member
well, most of those guys are actually alright, esp Jack Hidley from MM and William Mathis before he took the job at Steeda. I've asked a few questions that were answered pretty well. As long as you read the wiki and do a thorough search, you get pretty good answers. Of course there are few a-holes, but I think even those guys are pretty reasonable if you stick to their rules. I do much more reading then posting over there though.

cobraracer46

Banned
It looks like Granatelli is blowing smoke up everyone's ass and making a quick buck at the same time by marketing a snake oil product like the coil on plug connector kit. :burn:

UCBeau

cobraracer46 said:
It looks like Granatelli is blowing smoke up everyone's ass and making a quick buck at the same time by marketing a snake oil product like the coil on plug connector kit. :burn:
i'm curious if you actually know anything or just post up to try and appear like you know something?

UCBeau

wals9331 said:
Ouch.....kinda harsh :uh oh:
i was asking a legit question..i see him post shit up that kinda makes one go "wtf?" but i never see any factual proof. in this case, i'd like him to post an explanation as to WHY it won't work. from my limited knowledge of electrical engineering, it seems like it will work, but i'm still taking a wait and see attitude.

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
SanDiego01Snake said:
i was asking a legit question..i see him post shit up that kinda makes one go "wtf?" but i never see any factual proof. in this case, i'd like him to post an explanation as to WHY it won't work. from my limited knowledge of electrical engineering, it seems like it will work, but i'm still taking a wait and see attitude.

I think he is just using the thread that was tearing this company apart as "proof" and from what I've read it also sounds like this comapny is pretty shady. But i do have to agree, my EE side says, "Hey that should help". Less resistance makes more power :p (or should i say, "lets more power pass")

Last edited:

UCBeau

no doubt GMS is a bit shady and that JR can be a total dipshit, but i never discount a company until i see dyno results and/or i hear people have been ripped off by them

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
SanDiego01Snake said:
no doubt GMS is a bit shady and that JR can be a total dipshit, but i never discount a company until i see dyno results and/or i hear people have been ripped off by them

Me neither...now we just need to get some sucker to buy and try them out :p

Users who are viewing this thread