Post install results for Granatelli's Ford Coil-On-Plug connector kit

01trublue cobra

Established Member
When you compare the stock boots and wire in the boot is a big difference.It starts up alot better and I noticed the throttle response right away, it pulls harder on the low mid range RPM torque wise.I didn't pull it above 5k, because of traffic. I was going to dyno it , but I need the money for some protien shakes at GNC. I give this product two thumbs up.

YardSpecial

War Veteran X 2
Established Member
Kinda $$$$$$$$ Been wanting to get a set.
Oxnard, CA - A major shortcoming of 2v and 4v (16v and 32V) 4.6 liter and 5.4L Ford engines has always been a weak ignition system with no known high performance coils or coil-on-plug connectors available, until now! Granatelli Motorsports, Inc. is proud to introduce the next part in the long line of performance engine parts for 2v and 4v (16v and 32V) 4.6 liter and 5.4L Ford engines: Hi-Performance Coil-On-Plug Connector Kits (P/N 28-1519S, 1996-98 2V Ford engines, P/N 28-1505S, 1996-98 4V Ford engines, P/N 28-1697S, 1999-05 2V Ford engines, 28-1705S, 1999-05 4V Ford engines). During our initial evaluation we found that the Granatelli Hi-Performance Coil-On-Plug Connector Kits exhibit near “0” ohm resistance with RFI/EMI outputs less than O.E. because we utilize an exclusive solid stainless connector cable with stainless snap lock spark plug connectors and a patented EMI/RFI protection ring. Our kit increases power to the spark plug up to 35% over stock which is an amazing accomplishment. High temperature silicone boots resists temperatures up to 500 degrees f. (ideal for use with aftermarket headers and turbocharger systems). Installation is as easy as changing the factory units. Engineered to exceed OEM specifications and be OBD-II computer safe, they will not void your factory powertrain warranty.

Here is a picture
28-1812Ssmall.jpg

BonannoDA

Established Member
I think the price your talking about is for wires only. Check out the thread on Modularfords.com. I believe the COP's are acually like 400.00 or close to it

UCBeau

BonannoDA said:
I think the price your talking about is for wires only. Check out the thread on Modularfords.com. I believe the COP's are acually like 400.00 or close to it
+1

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
COBRA90GT said:
So are they delivering +50rwhp gains or what? LOL

If they come with a sticker i would say they will certainly yield a 50RWHP gain
:D

SVECobraR

Established Member
01trublue cobra said:
When you compare the stock boots and wire in the boot is a big difference.It starts up alot better and I noticed the throttle response right away, it pulls harder on the low mid range RPM torque wise.I didn't pull it above 5k, because of traffic. I was going to dyno it , but I need the money for some protien shakes at GNC. I give this product two thumbs up.

cheapvitamins.com, it'll be your best friend.

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
01LaserCobra said:
Bought mine from Steeda......... (cheaper)

Need to save some coin, just bought a 3.55 pumpkin for $525

01trueblue cobra said:

Okay, I am officically waaaaayyy confused on this! I've been waiting for an ignition upgrade for these cars for years. The Plasma Booster turned out to be a flop but if we can finally get high capacity COPs I'm all in, it would be a great compilment for f/i and especially N2O!

I don't get what the difference in these two products is though? The Granetelli kit is a connector kit that comes w/ eight connectors and costs $105 for all eight connectors. The Steeda kit is an actual high capacity COP replacement that costs $60/ea so for eight of them you'd be dropping $480(!) :eek:

Do I have that right, or am I missing something? :shrug:

Snake Eyes

Established Member
Here is the thread on ModularFords
http://www.modularfords.com/forums/...erformance-coil-on-plug-coil-packs-36930.html

Here is the link to Granatelli's product page
http://www.granatellimotorsports.com/mustang.htm
http://www.granatellimotorsports.com/fordcoilonplugconnectors.htm

28-1812Ssmall.jpg

These are just the Connectors.

28-1812CPsmall.jpg

These are the Coil Packs & Connectors. (these are prob worth a lil bit of power)

Until I see some independent dyno tests to prove that they make a significant difference I would hold off on spendin the money. JMO Iridum plugs get the job done just fine.

Last edited:

Serpentor

Rock Hard Member
Established Member
after that fiasco of a thread on cc.com on their suspension parts, I wouldnt buy anything from Granatelli to save my life.

Users who are viewing this thread