Post IC meth injection install

Blown38

Established Member
Got the trans in the car and took it to Fun Ford Weekend at VMP. Working on the getting the regular race gas tune worked out on it. Finally got somewhere on the last pass. Went 10.94 at 126. Unfortunately didn't get a datalog on that run. But a previous run the IAT's got to 16x. Blower was making 22 psi I believe with a 6.55 crank and the 3.5 upper. Outside temp was 85* DA was about 1900ft.

Big positive the car shifts thru all the gears.

MY DREAM

Established Member
Thanks for the update, keep it coming. I look forward to the data as I am looking into a Killer Chiller.

James

0-MYSTACHROME-4

Established Member
Dont you want it to spray into the blower and cool it down and the intercooler and not bypass that and go directly into the ports which go straight into the head. Correct me if im wrong but the whole water/meth injection is to cool everything down and should be sprayed pre blower for best results?

MY DREAM

Established Member
I'm pretty sure that your IAT2 sensor is after the blower in the lower intake manifold. Rear driverside corner to be exact. By spraying post blower you can cool the air down the most just before it inters the cylinders and lower the IAT2 which will reduce the amount of timing pulled. Spraying pre blower will cool the air down before going into the blower but as it goes through the blower and the air is compressed it will heat back up. Compressed air will heat up. Just my theory.......

James

MalcolmV8

Established Member
I'm pretty sure that your IAT2 sensor is after the blower in the lower intake manifold. Rear driverside corner to be exact. By spraying post blower you can cool the air down the most just before it inters the cylinders and lower the IAT2 which will reduce the amount of timing pulled.

However if you look at the location of the sensor when you have the blower off the car it's tucked up in the corner side and doesn't even look like it's in direct flow path. It looks to me like when you spray meth it won't even touch the sensor.
When I used to spray nitrous on my old eaton setup I saw absolutely ZERO change in IAT2 and nitrous is a hell of a lot colder than water/meth. IMO on these specific cars with the PD blower and location of IAT2 water/meth is purely for raising octane. I spray pre blower and perhaps it does cool the blower down some, really have no data to support that though.

MattACK

Established Member
^^ +1

I spray it on my lightning with a Whipple and see no change at all in IAT2s. Now if you're turbo or centrifugal that is a different story.

For the fella above that said water/mety injection can hurt power, you're right. Reason being that is slows the combustion process, so you need to increase timing to account for it. The good thing is you can increase the timing beyond the 20hp you may have lost.

Users who are viewing this thread