Post IC meth injection install

Blown38

Established Member
Gonna give the lower intake meth injection install a shot.

With a 2.3 whipple at 19psi and a 625ml jet from Snow in one of the vacuum ports pre blower we didn't see any decrease in IAT2.

I am using a snow kit and CM5 cooling mist jets (lower profile). Going with 4 jets one for 2 cylinders and the 4 flow enough for 1000hp.

Got the intake tapped and tested the position for flow/atomization. The jets are 3.25" in from the outer edge of the intake.

Here are a few pics and a video.
20130309_112035_zps0cb0265f.jpg

20130309_112008_zpsdae9eb63.jpg

Lots of volume with the four jets.:eek:

20130309_214036_zps0596fcd7.jpg

And the video.

[youtube_browser]i2Uf8LGgpEU[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

Avispa

Established Member
Good stuff!! Meth injection really helps some difficult cases. Ran a 65 Corvette 427 with 13.5:1 compression on pump gas using a kit Edelbrock sold back in the 80s.

I do wish you'd reconnect your PCV system, unless its only the lower intake outlet you have plugged. (yeah if that hose cracks you have a nasty job ahead of you) The oil mist from the PCV system will make your blower last a lot longer, even if it means having to clean the TB once in a while. I get this advice directly from JDM Engineering.

Blown38

Established Member
Good stuff!! Meth injection really helps some difficult cases. Ran a 65 Corvette 427 with 13.5:1 compression on pump gas using a kit Edelbrock sold back in the 80s.

I do wish you'd reconnect your PCV system, unless its only the lower intake outlet you have plugged. (yeah if that hose cracks you have a nasty job ahead of you) The oil mist from the PCV system will make your blower last a lot longer, even if it means having to clean the TB once in a while. I get this advice directly from JDM Engineering.

Yeah I have just plugged the lower. I've also had the thought that the oil in the blower lubricates, but it is such a mess. I have oil separators on both valve covers. I can't stand the oil smell of plain vented covers.

MY DREAM

Established Member
That is exactly what I was wanting to do but never put the time into it. I would love to know all the specs on your setup. Let us know how the test results come out. I think that post blower will yield the best results.

James

Blown38

Established Member
Will do fellas. Trying to get it all together for the northern super heavy shootout at Cecil on the 30th.

Just ordered some hose and fittings today.

svtshadow

Banned
Practically, it will reduce the AITs but that is past the AIT2 sensor. Therefore, regardless of how cool the AIT2s get just before they exit the lower intake manifold and into the cylinder, the AIT2 sensor would have already registered the AIT2s right after the blower and pull the necessary timing at the given time.
So unless the AIT sensor is after the intercooler, i dont see any change in the reading of AIT2s. But i stand to be corrected. In my opinion, the real way to reduce AIT2 is with a killer chiller. Now, i am very interested in the octane benefits of the meth from the OP

How much octane does meth add to 93octane?

Last edited:

MY DREAM

Established Member
I'm pretty sure that the IAT2 sensor (also a MAP sensor) is located on the rear of the intake manifold driver side. I believe it picks up the air post intercooler just before the air enters the cylinder. It should deff pick up the temp of the cooled air.

James

svtshadow

Banned
I'm pretty sure that the IAT2 sensor (also a MAP sensor) is located on the rear of the intake manifold driver side. I believe it picks up the air post intercooler just before the air enters the cylinder. It should deff pick up the temp of the cooled air.

James

I have sweared before that its immediately after the blower. Learn something new everyday:beer:

Co-brat

FNG
Established Member
Subscribing

I can't wait to see some results. Are you going to be doing a baseline run before spraying first?

Blown38

Established Member
Subscribing

I can't wait to see some results. Are you going to be doing a baseline run before spraying first?

We will run it on race gas then turn on the meth and see what the IAT's do.

We are also installing a 3.4 with crusher at this time. Want to mainly use the meth for the street and just leave it on the race tune. I will most likely work a tune up for the meth at a later date.

Got the lines all lined up so it clears the block. I set the nozzles in 3.25" from the outer edge of the intake. I would suggest 3.5" if anyone else wants to try this. I also tucked some wires in the valley so that was more stuff I had to clear down there. I'll get a pic of where the nozzles come up in relation to the IC.

20130316_193648_zps5b24ad49.jpg

20130316_193706_zpsc1cbe955.jpg

itSSlow98

Established Member
This might be a stupid question but Im not all the knowledgeable about the intercooler/eaton setup. Say you get some oil that accumulates in the lower intake manifold, dont you run the risk of clogging those nozzles?

Just my .02 and advice to make sure your PCV system/catch can is top notch.

2004silvercobra

Established Member
This might be a stupid question but Im not all the knowledgeable about the intercooler/eaton setup. Say you get some oil that accumulates in the lower intake manifold, dont you run the risk of clogging those nozzles?

Just my .02 and advice to make sure your PCV system/catch can is top notch.

He shouldn't have any oil as he took out the line for the pcv and im sure he just had breathers on both valve covers which eliminates any oil.

Sent From My Galaxy Note 2

Users who are viewing this thread