Post IC meth injection install

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
This might be a nice idea for a nitrous setup as well. Good job

Blown38

Established Member
Thanks everyone. I hope it works well.

Idk I think your location is ideal. Any further in and it's under ic. Love to see final results.

Yeah me too. It is awful tight under there where they are at now. If I did it again I would go .250" in. I had to cut the NPT elbows down and tap them farther so the jet inserts farther. I am also using a nitrous fuel filter fitting right on the soleniod to filter the meth since the jets don't have filters themselves.

nos-15571nos_w.jpg

Yeah I am using catch cans on both covers. But if there would be any oil in there I would think the nozzle would clear itself once the system is activated. Unless you went a long time without activating it and the oil dried up in there.

Blown38

Established Member
Wasn't able to test the system this past weekend. Need to put a trans in the car. Give it another shot at MIR for the NMRA race 1st weekend of May.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Have you tested this yet? You will loose HP spraying that much water/meth. Even though you may get IAT2 numbers down spraying that much you will loose HP.

Remember that the volume of water/meth sprayed is displacing air (oxygen molecules) that would have otherwise entered the cylinder for the combustion cycle.

I was just playing with a GT500 this past Sunday on the dyno. It was making 575 hp to the tires on 91 pump. A single 625 ml Snow Performance jet sprayed right behind the TB cooled the intake charge but displaced to much air and dropped around 25 whp. Yes we could add timing but that just got us back up to the 575 we started with.
A smaller #5 jet (the 625 is their #6 jet) lost only 15 whp. We had to jet way down to get in the ball park.

The trick with water/meth injection is not to just spray a ton (You mentioned you're spraying enough for 1000 whp and you showed a puddle in the intake).

The trick is to spray the least amount possible to ward off ignition knock but no so much as to kill HP. Remember displacing air going into the cylinders reduces combustion.

As a good rule to get you in the ball park make sure your air/fuel is in check on the dyno. Now turn on water/meth and it should richen your A/F at most 1 AF point (remember displacing oxygen so mixture will go rich). So if your car was at 11.8 AF it should not go any richer than 10.8. If it does you're spraying way to much. Jet down and now you're ready to dial in based on ignition knock and timing.
Also remember after it's dialed in to lean your AF in the tune to compensate for the amount of water/meth sprayed so your AF goes back to the desired 11.8 (or what ever yours is).

ctgreddy

Established Member
I'm very interested in this. The shop I work at loves meth, and I'm curious to see how it works post blower.

Blown38

Established Member
Yeah it sucks there are no results from the few systems out there that I have seen. Might have saved me some hassle.

I will milk it for all its worth if anything. I don't give up easy.

And I will update good, bad or whatever.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Yeah it sucks there are no results from the few systems out there that I have seen. Might have saved me some hassle.

I will milk it for all its worth if anything. I don't give up easy.

And I will update good, bad or whatever.

Fantastic. It's never wasted time. You just gather more info and data to make better projects in the future :beer:

mod mod t56

u can go faster
Established Member
How much did this cost u.... i really like the idea feel free to pm me if u want... Free bump waiting on results

Users who are viewing this thread