Possible help from ford

BOD89LX

Established Member
Well the fact remains that Ford built these motors to handle a good amount of extra power, thats why they sell tuners for them and superchargers the differance is Ford knows how to keep the tune safe for the parts they engineered for this motor and also know how everything in the ECM works. This may just be part of the learning curve on these cars for the aftermarket tuners who were the first to market or smaller tuners who wanted to get a few extra hp then everyone else. Look at how many MOD motors knocked the tops of the piston off with boost and detonation. Just my .02

kevinp

Established Member
And the conspiracy theorists get even dumber than I thought possible. Those evil UAW workers did this on purpose!!!! OMZG!! Everybody knows upside down rings break or melt pistons, right? Then there's the little problem that Essex engine is in Canada, so the UAW isn't even there.

UAW isnt there but CAW is, UAW and CAW split in the 80s I believe but its pretty much the same thing.

My guess its the EPA mandating weaker pistons so people wont mod their cars and increase emissions.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
UAW isnt there but CAW is, UAW and CAW split in the 80s I believe but its pretty much the same thing.

My guess its the EPA mandating weaker pistons so people wont mod their cars and increase emissions.

are you kidding?! the EPA? thats one kooky conspiracy.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

might have to resurrect the "Thread of stupid statements" and put this in there

JaysonMFK

5.0 Fanboy
Established Member
Sarcasm went over my head at first.

I was like WTF is wrong with people on this forum! lol

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
Well the fact remains that Ford built these motors to handle a good amount of extra power, thats why they sell tuners for them and superchargers the differance is Ford knows how to keep the tune safe for the parts they engineered for this motor and also know how everything in the ECM works. This may just be part of the learning curve on these cars for the aftermarket tuners who were the first to market or smaller tuners who wanted to get a few extra hp then everyone else. Look at how many MOD motors knocked the tops of the piston off with boost and detonation. Just my .02

good post.

95RioRedCobra

This Cobra Bites!
Established Member
I find it amusing at the number of people who make statements like "You play, you pay" and crap like this. Simple fact is anybody who was running a cai/tune combo and broke their engine would be pissed as shit and doing whatever they could to rally support from the community. The money is not the issue the car will be fixed regardless it's more a principle thing. Trust me it was not some "shady" tuner even though the tuner's name has not been said it's merely out of respect for him and his attention to the subject!

JaysonMFK

5.0 Fanboy
Established Member
Simple fact is anybody who was running a cai/tune combo and broke their engine would be pissed as shit

A CAI, or an exhaust, even perhaps headers are all simple bolt ons that shouldn't damage your vehicle.

Lumping in a change in the tune with those types of bolt on modifications and thinking they are equivalent and it's safe is ignorant. While the price and simplicity to install may lead some to believe it's similar, it's truly in another league when it comes down to the associated risks.

So yeah I'd be pissed if anything broke my car, but I'd be pissed at myself.

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
I find it amusing at the number of people who make statements like "You play, you pay" and crap like this. Simple fact is anybody who was running a cai/tune combo and broke their engine would be pissed as shit and doing whatever they could to rally support from the community. The money is not the issue the car will be fixed regardless it's more a principle thing. Trust me it was not some "shady" tuner even though the tuner's name has not been said it's merely out of respect for him and his attention to the subject!

So ford should fix something the owner caused to fail? makes zero sense.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I find it amusing at the number of people who make statements like "You play, you pay" and crap like this.
I find it amusing that people like you (apparently) don't think "you play, you pay" should apply in situations like this. It is not crap. when you take a vehicle and start modding it right out of the showroom as a lot of people do you knowingly do things that may void your warranty. Then like the op, when things go bad you take out your tune and take off your mods in an attempt to gain warranty support that you KNOW you don't deserve. and then when that doesn't work you come on here and whine and cry about the way you are treated when you were rightly denied warranty service
Simple fact is anybody who was running a cai/tune combo and broke their engine would be pissed as shit and doing whatever they could to rally support from the community.
pissed? sure as hell would be. but at who? myself for voiding my warranty? the tuner for blowing up the car? Ford for protecting their wallett from my attempt at defrauding them for service I was not entitled to? The car community for not supporting my attempt at fraud and theft? .... This is why I don't mod a car that is under warranty except for the basics. no blower, no tune, nothing that adds significant amounts of power. If I am going to mod a car with power I wait till the warranty is up. Then I don't have to comit fraud and theft to get shit fixed.
The money is not the issue the car will be fixed regardless it's more a principle thing. Trust me it was not some "shady" tuner even though the tuner's name has not been said it's merely out of respect for him and his attention to the subject!
No one has accused the tuner of being "shady". and it really doesn't matter who the tuner was since this has happened to multiple people with multiple tuners but I have not seen a single instance of a stock car having the issue - yet. if it happens with a stock car then they would be entitled to a warranty and I would join them in their efforts to get it. but come on here after it happens, and claim that you car did not have a tune when you have posted elsewhere that it had, like the op has done and you will get no support from me and no sympathy either. you play, you pay. it is a pretty simple concept.

95RioRedCobra

This Cobra Bites!
Established Member
I guess being in the business I look at it from a different stand point as I mentioned earlier their were no issues of the 05-10 4.6L cars blowing up as a result of an cai/tune combo. It's very easy for you guys to say "You play, you pay" when you're not the one with a blown up 7k mile car with as you stated "the basics" which in 99% of cases are the first 3 things most Mustang guys do to their cars CAI/Exhaust/tune!

JaysonMFK

5.0 Fanboy
Established Member
I guess being in the business I look at it from a different stand point as I mentioned earlier their were no issues of the 05-10 4.6L cars blowing up as a result of an cai/tune combo. It's very easy for you guys to say "You play, you pay" when you're not the one with a blown up 7k mile car with as you stated "the basics" which in 99% of cases are the first 3 things most Mustang guys do to their cars CAI/Exhaust/tune!

I guess with you being in the business, I'd assume you would know that tuning an entirely new engine with adjustable TI-VCT and 11:1 compression ratio is a bit risky at the offset.

Outside of price and ease of install, it's not really a comparable mod to say an exhaust or intake.

I'm failing to see why people are acting so entitled to a warranty when they play with the EMS. I have a feeling a lot of it has to do with failure to understand the basics of EMS tuning to begin with.

Simply thinking they are plugging in a little electrical Merlin, that magically finds power that Ford wasn't able to, then being shocked when something unfortunate happens.

If the "You pay to play" analogy doesn't click with you, I don't know what reason or logic will.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread