Possible help from ford

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
To the OP, please post a link to the Facebook page your talking about. There are several ford Facebook pages, including mustang specifics ones.

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
Ahh. Found it. Dunno who his tuner is but it was tuned.

19kobra99 said:
Originally Posted by 19kobra99
Don't know it all!! If my car has a canned tune, the same you could have, and my car breaks and yours doesn't, what could be the explanation? My tuner has been in the game for a looong time and his "tune" didn't break the car. Something is wrong that the part failed. A little more background info. The 5.0 was a couple of months late to the party. The production was backed a couple of months.... Does anyone here know why??? I do. U.A.W. workers striked, after returning to work a small group of disgruntled workers sabotaged around 6,500 engines, what did they do you may ask. They installed ring up side down on cylinders 7 and 8. Now this may not be true, but it was leaked by a Ford employee. So maybe this can explain why some fail and some don't. All I'm saying is that something isn't right. Just because I have a street tune, Steeda CAI and mid pipe back exhaust making 402rwhp, my car shouldn't have had a problem.

Last edited:

1slo5ohh

Established Member
No. It. Can't. They can totally deny your warranty claim, but they can not BY LAW void your warranty. They simply make a note in the ford oasis system under your vin that there were aftermarket parts on the car at the time of service, and that they suspect those parts to be the cause. Nothing is stopping you from taking the car back to stock and taking it somewhere else for service. Its really at the service managers discretion. There is and never has been any instance of a warranty being voided. Again, thats against the law, but they can deny your warranty claim on said part. No voiding needed. And I didnt type the quoted text from my post dumbass.

alright if they make a note of it in fords oasis system and deny your warranty claim due to "x" parts then whats the difference?? if its in the system and they deny your warranty claim, your shits not gettin fixed so whats the difference between voiding your warranty and no dealership touching your car because you have already been flagged?? either way grab some lotion buddy stuffs about to get nassssty lol

and everytime i see RDJ's avatar all i can think of is this...
YouTube - ‪Great Ass, Mr. Pacino‬‏
lol sorry carry on..

Last edited:

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
You know, all this warranty voided crap needs to chill. Yes, if you had a tune, your warranty will prolly be voided. There.

Now, we need to carry on figuring out why these cars are popping. Most, if not all, have had tunes (still havnt heard of a stock one popping). Most, if not all, of those have been sct base file or a file with knock sensor desinsitized. That's the best common bottom line thats been seen yet. Also, I want to know if any supercharged cars have popped #8 in te same way.

scotmach

Established Member
Just out of curiosity, where can we find the build date on our cars to see if they were an early run?

SVTStampede

Established Member
On your window sticker up top leftish.

It will be a single digit followed by YYYYMMDD

Like 120100814 for 8/14/2010

If you lost your sticker you can look it up here

Untitled Page

enter your vin after the = in the address

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Just out of curiosity, where can we find the build date on our cars to see if they were an early run?

On the door tag inside your Drivers Door Jam. Upper left hand corner will have the month and year.

Not a current year, but they have not changed much

576934_353_full.jpg

Last edited:

BOD89LX

Established Member
So still no link to the FB page. Like others you play you pay. I dont know why people will spend thousands of dollars to mod there new car but then be upset about having to pay for repairs when something breaks.

Last edited:

95RioRedCobra

This Cobra Bites!
Established Member
I can totally understand where a lot of you are coming from, but honestly how many 05-10 4.6L cars have you read about that broke due to a cai/tune combo. I'm guessing not many if any at all. I believe the facebook page being referred to is the main Ford Motor Company page.

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
I can totally understand where a lot of you are coming from, but honestly how many 05-10 4.6L cars have you read about that broke due to a cai/tune combo. I'm guessing not many if any at all. I believe the facebook page being referred to is the main Ford Motor Company page.

Good point and I agree. However, I suspect that the change in computer operation, basic programming of this car versus the older ones is the issue. Combine that with tuners/companies immediately doing the same things they did with the older cars when the basic programming is the problem. I cannot prove this yet, and still watching lots of threads for outcomes. Still waiting to see a stock car blown up.

Ford is responsible for supplying us with parts that hold together in the conditions they engineered it for. When you mod it, your now outside of those designed parameters. How strong are they supposed to build them? Should they put internals to handle 1000hp and 30 lbs of boost? Where do you draw the line? Ford supplied us with a solid motor that blows the doors off it's competition and for that I'm thankful. How solid it is for what mods is still up in the air. Supercharged cars are staying together but n/a cars aren't and that's opposite of expected results. So many things point to tune problems here that to believe anything else yet is silly. I'm still waiting. Show me stock cars that it's happening to.

scotmach

Established Member
Gotcha beat. 4/10 rofl.

Good, then yours should blow up a month before mine giving me fair warning.:-D

Still wont stop me from modding the car and tuning it soon. If something happens I'll just suck it up and fix it.

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
Good, then yours should blow up a month before mine giving me fair warning.:-D

Still wont stop me from modding the car and tuning it soon. If something happens I'll just suck it up and fix it.

Hahahahaha! Yeah I feel the same way. I'm gonna drive it for 6-8k then TVS it. If it pops, I'll rebuild it myself. No big deal.

Users who are viewing this thread