Posi Performance Closed as of 7-20-2012

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
As of today 7-20-2012 Posi Performance is officially closed for incoming sales. I am sorry for the lack of notice but the main reason for this is my wife and I want our lives back. I am lucky enough to have a good full time job and this has become to much with 2 businesses to run.

Posi Performance is ready to flat out grow and we do not have the time to do dedicate to it like we would want to. I'm also at the wrong time in my life to walk away from my full time job to do this.

I've had a blast and treated people just like we all want to be treated along the way and have no regrets about any 1 sale that we did. For well over 500 customers total I don't think to many other businesses can say that and I'm most proud of our customer service and how we treated each and every one of you. Potential customers or customers that we actually did things for.

My life over the last 3 years or so has been lacking free time and my kids are 9 and 7 years old. Returning phone calls up to 9:00 at night takes its toll on your family and also on yourself. Not that I didn't enjoy talking to some of you for an hour or more late at night but I just want my life and free time back. Boy did I have fun talking to some of you too lol!

I am truely sorry for this and for what we want with our free time back I hope all of you can understand the lack of a notice. If we put up a thread saying we're going to close in a month we'd be busy for 2 months. Then even there would still be people that were ready to send in their blowers for porting. So to me no matter what there's just not a way to make everyone happy. So again I truely am sorry.

We'll be starting threads for some things we have here in stock within the next week or so.

Thanks to all of you that have supported us and have become friends of mine through this business. Again I've had a blast and it's just the wrong time in my life right now to grow this into what I KNOW it can be.

Last a special thanks to BADASS03SVT for all of your help and knowledge you've lent to me and our customers. You da' man!!!!:rockon:

Okay I'm almost getting teared up so....

Thanks,
Brian and Miranda:beer:

Last edited:

04svtsnke

Established Member
Thanks Brian for everything you've given to our community! Sad to see you go but totally understandable as I have me a little girl and know how special family time is. Take care and dot be a stranger!

Ironhand

Banned
Sorry to hear Brian.

You told me this yesterday on the phone but deep down I was hoping you would reconsider.

Best of luck to you and Miranda.

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
Very sad to see such a good business going away for the terminator community. But family does come first.

so_r_crazy

Established Member
Sorry to hear but i completely understand as I have two little ones and can hardly find time to tinker on the car.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Guys you're more than welcome and a thanks from me as well for the support we've gotten over the last few years. I've want a Mustang business since around 1990 and I have one that was ready to grow to compete with anyone for parts sales but it's just the wrong time in my life.

We built a business that was ready to explode to only run out of time to do it. I'm way to competitive to keep it small and it's been fairly small building its own name until this year. It was ready to grow and wanted to grow only to find out we just cannot do it.

I've stopped my own Dream lol.:bash:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Please do NOT send pm's about left over parts. We'll be making threads on them soon enough.

Thanks,
Brian

traktrbeam

Oh Noes!
Established Member
Premium Member
Can you just oversee the operation and hire competent guys to continue to build on what you have already? That would be ideal if you could swing it.

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
I'm very sorry to be reading this thread Brian!! :read: ...I totally understand myself!!!

I have to say that you have made my LIFE VERY happy :beer: with POSI Port #158 :burnout:

...Hoping all goes well for you & the wife, wishing you both the best!! :rockon:

Tim

95PGTTech

Established Member
Can you just oversee the operation and hire competent guys to continue to build on what you have already? That would be ideal if you could swing it.

Two major hurdles I could see:
1. He would have to turn over all of his tooling, tricks, etc. to the porting to a guy who could potentially learn it for a month, then bounce, leaving POSI Performance high and dry and creating a competition.
2. POSI is based on customer service - trying to find someone who is knowledgeable and puts that as priority #1 is going to be a tough find.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member

There's nobody I would trust growing a business with my name other than myself. Then if I did find someone to train and they left that's to much time invested to do over again. Last the main reason for this is lack of time anyways.

I agree with you and we've thought about it but where we our in our lives it's just not an option for what I would want Posi Performance to be and that's HUGE.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Please everyone do not discuss any other porting companies in this thread. This is just about Posi Performance and if another porting business prospers from this then it's up to them to take care of people and their porting needs.

This isn't a place to discuss it though if you can understand that.

Thanks

89slowgt331

Established Member
Posi, Thanks for all the hard work, time and dedication to this hobby of our's you had a great company and I give you alot of credit for running posi performance with the full time job and family. I hope you will still be involved in the community! I think you have left a serious mark in the best porting work and honest results. I wish you miranda and the kid's the best. Who will sponser the terminator vs GT500 shootout now? Ha ha

LeadFoot_Cobra

Established Member
Dang....and I was just about to send my blower out to you lol.

Well, things happen and it's understandable. It was nice talking to you over the phone, and giving me nice insight on everything. GL with all your endeavors Brian, and if you decide to come on back in the future, you know you have all of us to count on to push your business back to the top.

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
I'd look for an increase in price on used Posi blowers now, heard nothing but fantastic things about POSI, big loss but the best of luck to you!!!

96juicedGT

Established Member
Hate to hear this but I totally understand! Good decision and i'm sure you will be much happier this way in the long run!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread