POS GTR takes a crap at a track....priceless.

kyl

Peanutbutter & Jealous
Established Member
Anything can happen those are nice cars, way over priced but nice. Nissan does not make junk vehicles. I love my 350z and my Murano SL-AWD. I have seen plenty of vidoes of Terminators and Mach's breaking at the track. I love mustangs and all but the Skyline GTR-35 is also a nice car.

Yes everyone in this thread understands that cars break no matter what make or model. please post something relevant to the GTR its warranty or Launch Control. Not about how many videos you have a car that is not stock that isn't using a manufacturer installed equipment.

blackonblacksls

Established Member
A guy used to come by my work(a carwash) to get these two gtrs he had handwashed..
he would bring one in every few days..

one day pulling out of parking lot gunning it, like he always does.. One of the trannys took a shit on him..

HOw do i know? well he walked back to the store to wait while the wreaker arrived..

9699cobra1

Established Member
You are not making your case here pal. 12k for the trans is still far too much. Yes our stock IRS's will bust with too many hard launches, but I can get another complete IRS for less then a $1000 or a built solid for that much and it will not break that easy. The GTR is a cool car I will give you that, but it is clearly not fiscally responsible to drive that car to its full potential. They just spent too much time with Sony and the Playstation crew making a useless TV screen that gives you more information then anyone needs even on the space shuttle, and overlooked some vital components, but good luck with your future arguments that this car is worth a damn with the cost involved to make it handle even its factory rated power. I will take my 80k that I would use to buy a GTR and buy another Cobra or F it an 02 ZO6 and chuck the rest of the 50k left over after buying the car and build a bulletproof 1000hp motor and awesome suspension and brakes and wave buy buy to you in your technologically over done and mechanically underwhelming GTR:beer:

:lol::lol::lol: so funny and yet so true.

Darkshadows

New tq abuser
Established Member
Ive seen a stock r35 run a 11.7 with no launch control. i posted a link to a thread and time slip in another thread but i dont know where its at now. but none the less the trans is crap for drag racing period.

25psi

Established Member
Ive seen a stock r35 run a 11.7 with no launch control. i posted a link to a thread and time slip in another thread but i dont know where its at now. but none the less the trans is crap for drag racing period.

There are no incidences of the trans grenading on normal launches or road racing. The problem arises when you abuse the launch control system.

25psi

Established Member
or when you just use it

For one, Nissan does not void the warranty if it is used. Only when something is broken due to abuse of the LC! Secondly, it states in the manual what the uses of lc feature is and this is not for racing.

jordan0806

E85 and Psi
Established Member
A GTR is more feasible to purchase than a Lambo. They wanted 97k for one and I informed them that two other dealerships in Houston where selling them at MSRP, but did not have any until next month(which would have been this month)

you're such a liar that you probably forget reality already...I like how you can post up all the time but rarely provide hard evidence of anything.....like the super fast 350Z you own that goes 130+ in the 1/4 but yet no one has ever seen it....

jordan0806

E85 and Psi
Established Member
For one, Nissan does not void the warranty if it is used. Only when something is broken due to abuse of the LC! Secondly, it states in the manual what the uses of lc feature is and this is not for racing.

you have no basis for this argument either....Abuse of the LC??? come on...How is Nissan going to determine if you "abused" the Launch control.....they are are just going to void the warranty BASED on the fact that it was and not .."oh he used it, but not that much...so we'll give him a pass...."

Another reason, why they have a transmission replacement log in the back of their owner's manuals...

25psi

Established Member
you have no basis for this argument either....Abuse of the LC??? come on...How is Nissan going to determine if you "abused" the Launch control.....they are are just going to void the warranty BASED on the fact that it was and not .."oh he used it, but not that much...so we'll give him a pass...."

Another reason, why they have a transmission replacement log in the back of their owner's manuals...
Thats not a trans replace log lol. I suggest you look at it again.

25psi

Established Member
you're such a liar that you probably forget reality already...I like how you can post up all the time but rarely provide hard evidence of anything.....like the super fast 350Z you own that goes 130+ in the 1/4 but yet no one has ever seen it....

I've posted my car/trucks before, you do a search. Matter of fact, ask the people that I've run in Houston.

I don't need to provide proof to you. I do not owe you a mudaphuckin thing.

mr2cam

Established Member
omg my head hurts after reading all the way through this thread, time for some advil.

jordan0806

E85 and Psi
Established Member
I've posted my car/trucks before, you do a search. Matter of fact, ask the people that I've run in Houston.

right because you are full sh-t and prove the fact everytime....that's why when you get called out on it, you tell people to do research on yourself that should take you 2 mins to come up with....

jordan0806

E85 and Psi
Established Member
Thats not a trans replace log lol. I suggest you look at it again.

it's called sarcasm...any kind of log that is in the back specific to a certain part on a vehicle is still suspect....you should have learned this by now but yet you claim things you cannot prove

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member

ok here we go again (takes deep breath)

yes, in the manual it says it's not for racing, yes, it says it voids your warranty. yet, there are the same several issues with the gtr that have been regurgitated to you a half million times.

1) the car was marketed with unbelievable 0-60 and 1/4 mile times using the launch control. part of the cars selling point was a factory feature that voids your warranty. don't ****'n say that its only intended for roking the car when you get it stuck. theres a reason it's called LAUNCH CONTROL and not dumbass who got his all-wheel drive SUV stuck mode

2) nissan has a black box recorder in the car. which is fine, since most new vehicles have these type devices. the problem arrises when nissan uses said recorder to void a customers warrenty. again, if any, ANY, manufacturers finds out that a part broke because you were racing, they won't warranty it. but nissan will look to see if you used this FACTORY INSTALLED FEATURE and use it to void your warranty. couple that with a transmission that is ill equipped to handle the combination of factory power and a factory feature, and what do you get? i'll tell you. you get a car that was overrated, overhyped, overpriced, and underperforming

have a nice day, and GTFO

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member

i've searched and come up with noting, so since your online right now, post up pics of your rides. come on, i can give you a pice right now of every car in my sig. my current mach, the cobra i sold almost 2 years ago, the truck i sold 3 years ago, and the tbird i sold almost 4 1/2 years ago. go for it

DRIVN Ind.

Clothing Hustler
Established Member
ok here we go again (takes deep breath)

yes, in the manual it says it's not for racing, yes, it says it voids your warranty. yet, there are the same several issues with the gtr that have been regurgitated to you a half million times.

1) the car was marketed with unbelievable 0-60 and 1/4 mile times using the launch control. part of the cars selling point was a factory feature that voids your warranty. don't ****'n say that its only intended for roking the car when you get it stuck. theres a reason it's called LAUNCH CONTROL and not dumbass who got his all-wheel drive SUV stuck mode

2) nissan has a black box recorder in the car. which is fine, since most new vehicles have these type devices. the problem arrises when nissan uses said recorder to void a customers warrenty. again, if any, ANY, manufacturers finds out that a part broke because you were racing, they won't warranty it. but nissan will look to see if you used this FACTORY INSTALLED FEATURE and use it to void your warranty. couple that with a transmission that is ill equipped to handle the combination of factory power and a factory feature, and what do you get? i'll tell you. you get a car that was overrated, overhyped, overpriced, and underperforming

have a nice day, and GTFO

Damn, I can use a sort of "launch control" when Im stuck in shit? Hot damn, next time Im off roading in the camaro Im going to get on the two step and launch that bastard out of the mud @ ~20lbs of boost. I may set half the forrest on fire due to a 5 inch open downpipe and no muffler, but hey, as long as thats what the producer of my computer software intended for it to be used.

thanks for posting, I now know what big stuff was trying to do when they added this feature to their computer software.

Last edited:

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member

does this count as circumventing the obscenity filter??? God I hope so....

350z and fast don't belong in the same sentence......

Users who are viewing this thread