POS GTR takes a crap at a track....priceless.

ScrewDrvr

Established Member
The way you negatively view the GTR because of its 1/4 mile performance would be the same as a road racing forum saying the Terminator and GT500 are complete POS's because they are slow around a road course. Fair is fair my friend.

you take your common sense and get out of here!!

Darkshadows

New tq abuser
Established Member
I will say one thing here. I like the GTR and all it CAN do, but why is anyone trying to argue the greatness of a nissan on a FORD website (this coming from a Nissan parts guy :D). of course your not going to get much of any support for anything other than a ford svt car or truck. now back to the fighting :rockon:

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
The way you negatively view the GTR because of its 1/4 mile performance would be the same as a road racing forum saying the Terminator and GT500 are complete POS's because they are slow around a road course. Fair is fair my friend.

I would have absolutely no problem with that since I don't care about road racing in the least. I only care about any car to the extent that it does what I would use it for. That's why most of "how good" a car is is based on opinion. In my opinion the GTR is overhyped.

Also, the thread was started with a GTR on a drag strip, not a road course. If you want to argue about how well they handle then go do so in a road racing thread.

Just my opinion, it's all good :)

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
awww, whats wrong, you got owned with facts and cant back up your statement? Its ok, you can always take your awesome mustang out and race the assortment of stock jap v6 family cars that can hang with your "pony" car. :cryying:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZlGMX8G3B4]YouTube - ZR1 Drag Race King - Spanks GTR, 599, and GT2[/ame]

here ya go tard, only type of race that matters in the real world

kyl

Peanutbutter & Jealous
Established Member
if there was ever a definition of "pot.kettle.black", then this is it folks.

99% of test comparing the GTR to the z06, 911, viper..etc, the GTR has won easily.

Oh damn, there I go posting facts and common sense, lets see how the rednecks respond. Lets see if anyone wants to try and argue these FACTS with me. Please, please do.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tnUlxANbWs]YouTube - Nissan GT-R vs Porsche 911 GT2 vs Viper SRT-10 Corvette Z06[/ame]
Z06 0-60 3.6 Skidpad 1.03g's 70-0 159ft
GTR 0-60 4.1 Skidpad .96g's 70-0 155ft
Viper* 0-60 3.4 Skidpad 1.08g's 149ft
911 0-60 3.7 Skidpad .98'g 70-0 155ft

This was the first vid I found. I would say by no means the GTR dominated any of the above

*ACR Model

Last edited:

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
oh, and to further hurt your case, the fastest c6 z i've heard of was 10.8, and there have been sveral cases of z's dipping into the 10's, including Ranger. fastest time i've seen from a gtr was 11.6 using the tranny's suicide button (launch control if you didn't know what i'm referring to)

but hey don't worry, all it takes is the complete re-plumbing of the gtr's turbo system, some DR's and a busted tranny to keep up

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
look at the original quote you repsonded to jack***

I was thinking the exact same thing. No car in recent years has ever been hyped so much and failed so hard.

"Corvette Killer"

"Supercar Killer"

"Z06 Killer"

yadda yadda. :nonono:

your quote below, was in response to the above quote
and the GTR straight up dominates those cars.

But, drag racing is the be all performance indicator on this website. A $436 POS fox body with slicks and gears is the best performance vehicle ever made!!

rofl @ bringing the zr1 into this after you got owned from your quote.

The zr1 is faster, it should be, its the "super vette" that cost 40k more. Funny thing is, a base GTR STILL nips at it around any track in the world.

somebosy check his IP address, i think he is 25psi

ScrewDrvr

Established Member
oh, and to further hurt your case, the fastest c6 z i've heard of was 10.8, and there have been sveral cases of z's dipping into the 10's, including Ranger. fastest time i've seen from a gtr was 11.6 using the tranny's suicide button (launch control if you didn't know what i'm referring to)

but hey don't worry, all it takes is the complete re-plumbing of the gtr's turbo system, some DR's and a busted tranny to keep up

the stupidity just doesn't stop......... You are BY FAR, the typical stereotype of a redneck mustang owner. Please stop posting for the sake of the other people on this website that own a mustang and arnt as backwoods assbackwards as you.

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
the stupidity just doesn't stop......... You are BY FAR, the typical stereotype of a redneck mustang owner. Please stop posting for the sake of the other people on this website that own a mustang and arnt as backwoods assbackwards as you.

i'm a redneck? this is coming from a jags fan? (south of the mason/dixon buddy)

kyl

Peanutbutter & Jealous
Established Member

:lol: He thinks hes winning this argument! :lol:

Instead of calling names, why don't you post some facts as you said you would to contradict his argument.

Last edited:

heywaitfourme

Established Member
Local dealer sold a GTR for 120K...that would put it in the same class as the ZR1's selling around here for 100K...someone got ripped off....

Gtr's are nice, vette's are nice, hell the new ram is badass...but all at different things. NOT EVERYONE WILL LIKE IT, but that doesn't mean you have to spill your man juices trying to defend it. Speak your mind and let the others speak theirs. Freaking E-tough arguments are about as informative and worth-while as getting a hummer in a shitter that says insert dick here.... In the end, your goin to end up NEVER winning, prolly takin a natsy, messy, watery crap sprayin all over the place, with the possibility of ending up BUTTHURT.....God....

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
:lol: He thinks hes winning this argument! :lol:

i know, his arguement is so off-base that he's got me starring at the screen in utter amazement. and to think that he thought I had nothing to back my arguement :lol:

faststang14

Established Member
dude... i know u like GTRs and all that crap but do ur homework before braging on nissan... the dual clutch semi-automatic AWD with AWS systems have been used in Porsches since 1999 and audi since 2002 not to mention in FORDs Rally FOCUS.. thats right ford has been using it since 2002 as well get ur shit right and for us all around the world 12k trannys are a big deal i would think they would hold a few more than 100 launchs.....

Are you seriously trying to compare a rear mounted 6 speed dual clutch semi-automatic transmission in conjunction with the ATTESA E-TS system to that of a T-56 :lol:? This is the first time a production car has used this type of setup. We are not talking about a traditional 6 speed here. The point is, the power is only going to two wheels and not all for. Therefore limiting the damages brought upon by awd

Users who are viewing this thread