Ported my own blower: Pics inside!

S/CCobra03

Established Member
I've had some experience with porting cylinder heads and such so I had all of the tools to port my blower. I pulled the thing off last week and started porting it. I'll try to put up some pics if it will let me. Tell me what you think.
Intake side: The lighting wasn't very good so it looks a little rough. The blower is actually very smooth on the intake side
e6a9b863.jpg

Rotor side:
e1b7e551.jpg

Under Side:
5dbd37e4.jpg

Sorry if they turn out BIG but one of the mods can resize them if they like.

Last edited:

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
It's good to do some mods yourself. This is one I would never attempt and trust only to a company with proven results.

A guy named BRAD did his a few months ago, I might have missed the results but do not remember them being posted.

I had a good friend dyno 30 hp less than my apten/steigmeier port with identical mods. he had some local guy do it, turned out good cause he dumped it and went KB.

S/CCobra03

Established Member
Yeah I was told "don't do it, you will mess something up" so I pulled it off and did it. The first picture didn't turn out too good. The intake side is MUCH smoother than the picture looks. The light is making it look rough. The car needs a tune now but it seems to run very strong. I'm getting a MAFxtender and tune in a few days.

cpu77

Armed and Dangerous!
Established Member
I guess all your out of is time if it does not make more pwr. If you truly did want pwr I would spend $500 and call it a day. Then again I wanted real results. Cool though.

S/CCobra03

Established Member
cpu77 said:
Then again I wanted real results. Cool though.

So did I that's why I did my homework. I looked at a few Steg. and Apten ported blowers (in person) and looked at where they removed material and where they left it. I'm very happy with the results. I have a friend that has a Steg. ported blower and I'm going to run him and see how mine does.

S/CCobra03

Established Member
adamb258 said:
waiting for some dyno numbers and/or track numbers

I'll be going to the track in about two weeks. I'll also be doing a dyno session in a few weeks. So we shale see how much I picked up or lost.

03yellow

Established Member
Yep, it ant brain surgery.

S/CCobra03 said:
So did I that's why I did my homework. I looked at a few Steg. and Apten ported blowers (in person) and looked at where they removed material and where they left it. I'm very happy with the results. I have a friend that has a Steg. ported blower and I'm going to run him and see how mine does.

dixonzed

This is gonna be good
Established Member
:rockon: nice job travis, ive seen the blower in person she looks good, let me know when you going to the track, i think we might have to line em up :pepper:

this is seth btw

S/CCobra03

Established Member
dixonzed said:
:rockon: nice job travis, ive seen the blower in person she looks good, let me know when you going to the track, i think we might have to line em up :pepper:

this is seth btw

I'd like to go to the track tonight but I still need that MAFxtender. I'm afraid that I might max out the MAF if I don't install that first. We will have to do a little friendly highway pull one night!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
S/CCobra03 said:
For the results to be meaningful your mods would have to be identical, wouldn't you say? Beating your friend won't necessarily prove your porting equals or is close to the results obtained with a Steigemeier port. It would have also been good if you had done a "pre-port" dyno run and then do another run ASAP after the ported blower is re-installed. JMO.

S/CCobra03

Established Member
CobraBob said:
For the results to be meaningful your mods would have to be identical, wouldn't you say? Beating your friend won't necessarily prove your porting equals or is close to the results obtained with a Steigemeier port. It would have also been good if you had done a "pre-port" dyno run and then do another run ASAP after the ported blower is re-installed. JMO.

Our cars are as close to identical as you can get. We just have different x-pipes (both offroad) and different CAI. Other than that, the power mods are identical. I'll be looking at my mph in the 1/4 to tell how much power it is making.

Users who are viewing this thread