Ported Eaton M112 vs TVS 2.3 Test Dyno

ti-force

Established Member
I have searched for a couple hours now and can't find what I'm looking for. Not sure if I'm searching the wrong keywords, or if what I'm interested in doesn't exist.

I know the tvs 2.3 is more efficient than the M112, but I'm curious to know how much more efficient, and in what areas, therefore, I'm interested to see dyno testing with most parameters remaining the same other than (obviously) the blower swap and tune. I would like to see all testing performed at relatively the same boost level, roughly the same ambient temperature, roughly the same engine temperature, same fuel type, same timing, same dyno, preferably the same day, etc., etc. You get the point.

A non-ported M112 vs TVS 2.3 would be interesting, however, I'm more interested in a ported M112 vs TVS 2.3 as porting the M112 increases the efficiency of the factory equipped blower. I know the tvs definitely far outshines a ported M112 at higher boost levels, and higher rpm, but I would like to see one vs the other at say 16 or 17 psi of boost. An apples to apples test. I know this type of testing is time consuming, and most are interested in taking advantage of the higher boost levels that the tvs is capable of, so most of the time apples to apples tests are not done.

Can any of you point me in the direction of where I might find what I'm looking for?

Thanks,

Casey

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm sure there might be someone who has done this comparison. I'm sure a ported Eaton at 16-17 psi will create more heat.

GodStang

Established Member
A lot of this info is/was on the Eaton website. The problem is the M112 is so old that most of the data has since been removed. They claim a 12% efficiency one of the other on the stock to stock. As you go up in boost the TVS will be more efficient. What most don't realize is both where designed to run 8-10 psi. 16 psi is starting to go over efficiency for both blowers according to Eaton.

Piasared

Established Member
The guy who is going to port my cobra is installing the tvs parts in a m-112. Just a better ,stronger m-112 and I won't break the bank.

I'm sure the website may have more info. Or call him. He is a machinist and knows his stuff.

Last edited:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Sounds like another "Brilliant Idea". Like lightened rotors and ported injectors! SMDH!

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Well he has been doing it since they came out. But feel free to trash talk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I couldn't care lees how long someone does something, if you do things half ass, you will continue to do that for years to come.

There is a reason he is no longer a vendor here.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Lmfao how long can you keep coming out with shit for the eaton stage this, stage that. Hope your not paying to much could of just bought a TVS and been done with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Haha. The horse has been dead for so long now. My ported Eaton on E85 made 552/575. My 2.3 TVS with a dragon tb, same as with the heaton, on e85 made 690/640. 18lbs on the heaton and 20lbs on the TVS. Slight difference.... ;)

ti-force

Established Member
My ported Eaton on E85 made 552/575. My 2.3 TVS with a dragon tb, same as with the heaton, on e85 made 690/640. 18lbs on the heaton and 20lbs on the TVS. Slight difference.... ;)

Nice! Any chance you have dyno sheets to share? Also, do you remember if any other details like timing, etc? Any other changes other than blower swap and tune (and 2 psi increase) from M112 to tvs 2.3?

Thanks

bigmoose

Established Member

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Nice! Any chance you have dyno sheets to share? Also, do you remember if any other details like timing, etc? Any other changes other than blower swap and tune (and 2 psi increase) from M112 to tvs 2.3?

Thanks
I don't have the sheets, but they were both sae and within 10 degrees ambient. Timing was 28 on the Eaton and 24-25 on the tvs.
I ran the same jlt high boost intake with a ba-2600 meter. Injectors were different, but that was just due to fuel demand.

ti-force

Established Member

Thanks

I don't have the sheets, but they were both sae and within 10 degrees ambient. Timing was 28 on the Eaton and 24-25 on the tvs.
I ran the same jlt high boost intake with a ba-2600 meter. Injectors were different, but that was just due to fuel demand.

Sounds like the tvs is definitely worth the money. If for no other reason than to make more power with the same amount of energy from the engine. My reasoning for asking for this information is to make more power using comparable energy from the engine (to turn the blower) and not increasing stress in the engine. I know most are interested in making big power, but I want to have fun and try to prolong longevity if/when possible. Turbo would be the best way to do this, but I love the instant torque benefit of these blowers, and the cool whining sound, plus I can keep the traditional Mustang exhaust sound vs changing the tone with a turbo setup.

Now I have to try and find dimensions for the tvs to see if I can fit it under my 96-98 Cobra hood. I'm pretty sure that to have any chance of fitting it I'll have to change my lower pulley back to stock size and run the smaller blower pulley.

ti-force

Established Member
I have to drive to get e85 in my area, but I think that's the route I'll take using a storage drum at home since it's no longer available where I live. The greatly reduced chance of engine damage using e85 vs 93 oct is desirable, but will most likely be a requirement for my setup if I have to run the smaller blower pulley to fit it under my hood

Users who are viewing this thread