ported and kb cobras vs cammed c6z

mr2cam

Established Member
Here is my impression of the average SVTP poster

[03/04 cobra gets beat by another brand of car]

"Wow the cobra needs a driver mod bad!" "Cobra had some nasty belt slip!"

[03/04 cobra beats another brand of car or stays close with it] "Wow great race that was awesome, and how do you know the other driver wasn't powershifting?! Were you in the car with him?!"

TRXboy

Established Member
gone high 10s bone stock.

Just because a they have ran high 10's...what, 3 times? At MIR witch is the fastest track in the country, by some of the best drivers out there, does not mean every bone stock Z is a high 10 second car.

Big turkey

Established Member
i can powershift if i want but im not as good at it as he is yet so i don't take the risk of missing a gear and shift normal. also with 335 dr's my car breaks loose going from 2nd to 3rd powershifting and incase anyone's never tried it powershifting while spinning doesn't work out very well.......
My old 2.2 KB car that made about the same power as yours would hook 315 Nittos from a 40mph roll if the weather was decent. If it was cold it'd spin them but catch just in time for me to nail 3rd with a powershift, You might have too much air pressure in the tires.. try running around 18psi, and some cheap air bags is a good investment.

With less than 600whp you shouldn't be spinning as much as you did in that video.

Lights of Speed

can i has 9's?
Established Member
My old 2.2 KB car that made about the same power as yours would hook 315 Nittos from a 40mph roll if the weather was decent. If it was cold it'd spin them but catch just in time for me to nail 3rd with a powershift, You might have too much air pressure in the tires.. try running around 18psi, and some cheap air bags is a good investment.

With less than 600whp you shouldn't be spinning as much as you did in that video.

was it sra? with 315 nittos i was lucky to hook up at all in 2nd no matter what the tire pressure was. in the vid i was running 27" hoosier QTP's @20lbs. as ive said before my car will dead hook in 2nd on 335 hoosier dr's but they are bald so i didn't run them......

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
was it sra? with 315 nittos i was lucky to hook up at all in 2nd no matter what the tire pressure was. in the vid i was running 27" hoosier QTP's @20lbs. as ive said before my car will dead hook in 2nd on 335 hoosier dr's but they are bald so i didn't run them......

The QTP's explain alot. I can DEAD hook my 305 MT DR's on the street. But my 26x11.5 ET street bias plys do not hook for shit unless they are at the track.

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
Here is my impression of the average SVTP poster

[03/04 cobra gets beat by another brand of car]

"Wow the cobra needs a driver mod bad!" "Cobra had some nasty belt slip!"

[03/04 cobra beats another brand of car or stays close with it] "Wow great race that was awesome, and how do you know the other driver wasn't powershifting?! Were you in the car with him?!"

So very true. I don't know why people get so defensive. The Z is a superior car to the Mustang, period. And it should be considering how much more the car costs, it's a true two seater and not a 2+2 like the Mustang. The Z06 is a superior car is every aspect. That doesn't mean the Cobra isn't cool though.

Just because a they have ran high 10's...what, 3 times? At MIR witch is the fastest track in the country, by some of the best drivers out there, does not mean every bone stock Z is a high 10 second car.

Yes it does. The car ran the number now matter how many asterisks you would like to put on it because the Mustang doesn't have a chance in hell to do it. The Cobra is fun to drive with it's supercharged powerband. Great seat of the pants fun for sure, but it's no Z06. Even the comparitively priced KR500 doesn't even come close to competing with the Z06. The Mustang is just an inferior car no matter how you look at it to try and make yourself feel better about it. But it doesn't mean your Mustang isn't fun to drive. You just have to mod it alot to make it to where it's competitive. But as a platform base, Z06 over the Mustang anyday of the week.

Big turkey

Established Member
No I was IRS with level 5's, a brace, Steeda lowering springs and airbags. Same suspension cut consistent 1.5x sixty foots.

And yeah the QTP's are good for the track but I find some nights the radials hook much better without any initial warmups.

heatsoaked12

Established Member
Not sure why every Mustang feels the need to race a new corvette. different class, weight, car and stock to stock the Mustang will loose, mod to mod the Mustang still looses. its just a bad comparison. Going to the beach with your family in the best all around sports car(power,seats, value) Mustang wins every time.;-)

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
Good job bumping this thread. You'd mod a vette way different than a 03 cobra, too, buck-o. "i think im going to port the stock blower on my Z06 today". "I might put A cam in my cobra today". So that whole "mod for mod thing"... I'll leave it at that.

Last edited:

saleen302

Established Member
im sorry . but i saw the cobra get spanked three times i dont call that hanging pretty good. good race . but the cobra got a ass whoopin put on him. we cant win the race all the the time , lol theres alsways going to be some always able beat ya on any giving day . nice race none the less

Cobras hung in very well...i think both cars would have been neck and neck if the Cobras did not have passengers..or if the C6Z did have a passenger for all the races...

Users who are viewing this thread