ported and kb cobras vs cammed c6z

ous2418

Established Member
Damn, I got owned huh. I sure hope I would racing a 650rwhp cobra with a track setup against my crappy stock runcraps.. :dancenana:

good driving and sweet car!!! those were 2 stout cobras to say the least. id love to get up with yal and hit em up next time yal do it again. but i have the same spinning problem as well lol

Lights of Speed

can i has 9's?
Established Member
the kb car is mine. the car was blowing the tires off all the way through 2nd on slicks at 65+ mph. nothing much i could really do but bring a better tire next time and hope for the best......

mach5.0

Established Member
I don't know what is so hard to understand or believe that my car only makes 510rwhp. It is a small street cam that makes great torque and power in the midrange, not topend power.

I think people at the beginning were thinking what i was thinking until we found out it really was just a cam and intake. It was just some wrong assumptions.

Jefe

Established Member
Nice vid. For only having 80 more hp than the Vette the KB Cobra did fairly well. You can see how well once the driver mod comes with the other Cobra. Sweet vette!

Big turkey

Established Member
Nice races and good driving on the ported eaton car.

Vette's 1st gear goes to 60mph.. 40-45 hits the vette is going to be in 2nd gear cause 1st would spin too much. If you ever ridden in a cam car the powerband is above 4200rpm and 40-45 you're around 3800.. it'd be a real soft hit. 2nd should take you a little over 90mph if that cammed Z is shifting at 7100 and 3rd will take it right below 130.

I've raced many vettes in my day, and now owning a vette and racing Cobras I see what they were complaining about. The sweet spot of the Cobra is 40-50mph, which happens to be the worst starting point in the vette.

I bet if the race lasted until 140-160 the Z would pull away much more.

Last edited:

PROCHARGEDGT

just pull the trigger
Established Member
on whos dyno in NC?

This cammed Z would still outrun your buddys car though? Not all about peak power.

We can set it up if you wanna find out?

At BnT performance here in wilmington. Unless he did something else to it that I do not know about..or the graph was uncorrected. Made 519 point something rwhp. Either way I know for a fact that it was over 500rwhp.
I never said that his car would beat the Z in the video though......That cam im sure adds alot to the powerband of that Z

leftysmoke

SNK B1TE
Established Member
WOW! ****ing awesome driving in the ported car. Oh the difference the driver mod makes!

rw95gt

Yes, it's stock.
Established Member
I bet if the race lasted until 140-160 the Z would pull away much more.

Racing to 160 is retarded with 500rwhp cars. The cobras would have to go to OD (5th) and the vette would still be in 4th. So of coarse the vette would pull even harder. If you have 800rwhp then thats a different story. IMO if you cant do it in the 1/4 then you shouldn't do it on the street. It not my fault most vettes running around are on stock rubber. If the vette wants to start at a better rpm then go from 1st and a lower roll and on better tires.

Last edited:

Lights of Speed

can i has 9's?
Established Member
Also powershifting is your friend! :beer:

i can powershift if i want but im not as good at it as he is yet so i don't take the risk of missing a gear and shift normal. also with 335 dr's my car breaks loose going from 2nd to 3rd powershifting and incase anyone's never tried it powershifting while spinning doesn't work out very well.......

C6Z06427

Established Member
The guy with the yellow TT Cobra acts like he is King Ding-a-Ling :rollseyes

:lol: People on here should be lucky that don't have to deal with his punk ass in person. I think those twins gave him a penile extension or something

C6Z06427

Established Member
Nice races and good driving on the ported eaton car.

Vette's 1st gear goes to 60mph.. 40-45 hits the vette is going to be in 2nd gear cause 1st would spin too much. If you ever ridden in a cam car the powerband is above 4200rpm and 40-45 you're around 3800.. it'd be a real soft hit. 2nd should take you a little over 90mph if that cammed Z is shifting at 7100 and 3rd will take it right below 130.

How true. I would love to race from a 1st gear roll, but the tires won't allow it. As soon as I hit 4k in 1st, I blow the tires right off. The first two runs were in 2nd gear doing a tad under or at 4k which is the beginning of my cams torque curve. The last run against the ported car I was turning 4000-4200 rpms which was a tad too much and I was spinning like crazy on that run.

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
i can powershift if i want but im not as good at it as he is yet so i don't take the risk of missing a gear and shift normal. also with 335 dr's my car breaks loose going from 2nd to 3rd powershifting and incase anyone's never tried it powershifting while spinning doesn't work out very well.......

I would have to agree...

How much power are you making? I can dead hook first with 305's MT DR's from a slow roll. But I only make 570 mind you...

Rockafella

Established Member
:lol1:

I was textin the Z06 owner telling him to hurry up.

You mean this one??

Rockafella4-1.jpg

:lol:

I love you screwballs:beer:

Lights of Speed

can i has 9's?
Established Member
I would have to agree...

How much power are you making? I can dead hook first with 305's MT DR's from a slow roll. But I only make 570 mind you...

the car makes 585 on slicks and 600 on dr's. i was running slicks at the time b/c my dr's are too bald to hook. the car is a completely different car on dr's IMO. hits a hell of a lot harder and dead hooks in 2nd on the street almost every time. we were going to wait until i got new rubber but i said **** it and ran on slicks. IMO my car is such a dog on the slicks b/c they are 27" tall and im running factory 355's...... either way im not disappointed on the outcome!

Users who are viewing this thread