Pony or Snake?

Pony Vs Snake

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
Thanks for the link! Just ordered one. I actually like both but prefer the cobra. The first week i bought the car some kid at a gas station asked me if my car was a real cobra and before i could answer his dad said "of course it is, don't you see the snake in the front" haha

Here's a pic from AM. Looks like this one is a nicer fit.

221364_0860C888.jpg
No problem. I wish they would of zoomed out on the car in the picture you posted from AM. Could you post a picture when you get yours installed?

cj428mach

Established Member

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
That's going to be really big, I believe the I think the GT500 snake was under 4" and its way to big for our cars. I wish I could find the thread that gave dimensions of the 3 different snake sizes.
Yeah, it looks a little big to me but the reviews are saying it's slightly bigger than the ones we have on our cars. I personally like the smaller one but I am curious to see how this one looks. I too think the GT500 snake is to big for our cars.

LouieMoo

Established Member
I've always liked the pony because it fills the grill out nicer, and it still is a Mustang even though it's a Cobra, in fact the previous owner of my 03 turned it into a saleen for some dumbass reason, I bought it because of the engine mods and in time (And money) it will be turned back, I already had the hood added.
febd6b8eda183283262919f9780eeb08.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

blue 07

Established Member
Just my 2 cents, Snakes for Shelby's and Cobras, Ponies for GT's

Attachments

• IMG_3234.JPG
    IMG_3234.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 120

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Pony here, I like the original exterior, under the hood is another story.

Some kids at a parking lot the other day were asking me a ton a questions and then I told them how much power it makes and what's done to the car. Then they said, but it looks stock. I would never have guessed it made that much power.

Pony FTW!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael Belcher

Established Member
Wouldn't it look cool if there were a grill insert that had an indention for the snake similar to the type the gt500 has.. it would fill the space and we would still have the snake.. just a thought

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

IllCobra

Established Member
Sorry for the crappy pics. I'm with timspony, i am also on the fence with this one. I'll have a better gauge of it when i see it rolling down the road.

Dip Dungles

Pew Pew
Established Member
Premium Member
Judging from that pic I'm going to have to order one myself. $25 and it swaps out in 5 minutes, why the hell not.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
I ran the GT500 snake for 5+ years, decided to switch it up and went back to the pony last year. I always thought the GT500 snake looked proportional

cj428mach

Established Member
Tim can you get measurements on the small snake and the new AM snake? I know AM says 4" but is it really 4"? or is it 4.25"?

FromGTtoSVT- can you get the measurements from the GT500 snake?

I'll do some looking on ebay and see if I can find the "medium" snake, I believe it was 3.5" tall.

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
Tim can you get measurements on the small snake and the new AM snake? I know AM says 4" but is it really 4"? or is it 4.25"?

I'll do some looking on ebay and see if I can find the "medium" snake, I believe it was 3.5" tall.
I'll measure the Snake's after work today...I also have a GT500 Snake that I can measure as well!

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member

GT500 Cobra...4.5"
AM Cobra...4"
Original Cobra...2.75"

Sent from my SM-G920V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread